Best spot to tent in Fort Wilderness

I think 1500 loop is typically quieter than the other tent loop. If distance to the bathrooms is not an issue the sites closer to the canal have some nice views.

I think 1500 loop is typically quieter than the other tent loop. If distance to the bathrooms is not an issue the sites closer to the canal have some nice views.

^^^ THIS ^^^

I have a pop-up camper and have stayed in the "Tent" loops (1500 and 2000) many times.

1500 is closer to the core (pool, Trading Post, movie/singalong) and is also a smaller loop (20 or 21 sites). Sites along the outside back of the loop back up to the canal. It's a very peaceful and quiet place to sit and relax. My favorite sites along the canal are (in this order since you are in a tent): 1511, 1510, 1514, then 1513 (1512 is an interior site). 1510 has a tree or two inside the tent pad (non-pavement) so my pop-up would not work there but your tent should.

Three steps to improve your chances of getting one of these:

A. Add a note now to your reservation to "request a site in loop 1500".
B. Show up as early as possible on your arrival day because depending on what you get you may need to ....
C. .... ask if any of those favorite sites above are available and can they swap you over to that site (possible if you check-in before the other site's guest does).

Hope you are happy with whatever you end up with. Of course, it's just a matter of what will be available the morning of your arrival day.

Bama Ed

PS - I had 1513 for Thanksgiving 2009 and enjoyed it very much.

Not sure on the best tent, but we have found, there are no bad sites at FW :thumbsup2

There is a fine line between the enjoyment of “My air mattress is floating...even folks at the Poly don’t get waterbeds!” and realizing “My crocs are beginning to float away...(looks farther outside)...the water is getting pretty close to the electric box...if it isn’t wired properly do I really want to be plastered all across the news for being electrocuted in my tent because I was too lazy to evacuate?”

At least they didn’t charge me extra for those nights being “on the water” like a Poly bungalow. /s

(I couldn’t move sites because I use crutches and travel solo, so it is impossible for me to tear down my tent site sitting in a puddle and move everything while keeping it dry. Plus there were still some ants crawling about on the outside of my tent from the prior ant infestation of my site’s electric box and the other side of my site pad.)

We were recently on the 2000 loop... it was very close to the road and loud... I vote for 1500 loop or at least the inside track of the 2000 loop for tents.

We were recently on the 2000 loop... it was very close to the road and loud... I vote for 1500 loop or at least the inside track of the 2000 loop for tents.

There are folks who prefer 2000 over 1500 (I'm not one of them though).

The tent pads are generally much bigger so people that might camp together (two family units each with a tent or popup/tent combo) can usually fit on a site. Or a single unit setup can have more space. And it's a better place IMO for kids to be turned loose (I hear DW in my head saying, "you wanna ride your bike, just go around the circle - holler at me as you go past each time").

And FWIW 1500 has the same problem with close to the road and loud. 1501 (right behind the bus stop) and 1503 next door are right on Big Pine Trail. I stayed in 1520 (ALL the way around the loop on outside next to BPT) and we had noise (but the convenience of being close to stuff was worth it to me).

So whatever floats your boat. :boat: There's no wrong answer either way.

Bama Ed

I only have stayed 1x so far and requested 1500 loop and got 2000. The site was large and we were thankfully right across from the comfort station at the back of the loop. We had no noise until the weekend and there was a trail leading to the 900 loop making the pool and trading post walkable. There was plenty of room for 2 tents and a dining canopy. We even had a hammock back in the trees. It was a long walk to the bus stop but we really enjoyed our loop 2000 experience. Our next trip we requested 1500 again because we would like to be on the canal and closer to the activities , but will be happy whatever we get. We will have our golf cart this time so we won’t have to walk anywhere we don’t want to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter