Best Stroller brands - small/umbrella

SomDayMyPrnceWillCom

Wants to be a mermaid when she grows up
We're leaving in a couple of weeks and I have decided not to take my 4 year old's normal stroller since it's bigger and a little more of a hassle on the buses. Plus, it's getting older and it's beginning to be worn and such. I'm looking for a smaller type stroller but not really sure if I want just an umbrella or not for him as they don't look very comfortable. Especially if he does happen to fall asleep in it.

Anyone have any specific brands of strollers they used with their older toddlers? We are staying at the Poly so will use monorail but I don't think we'll drive to the parks and we'll catch the bus to AK and possibly HS as well.

Hi! We were in the same situation this past October and we brought a Pockit Stroller with us. It was awesome, and we got soooo many questions from other parents about it....especially while on the bus going to/from the parks.

I’ll be the first to admit that it’s a bit pricey, but we happened to catch it on sale at Target. Also, it took a few tries to get the folding down but after playing with it for about 10 mins we had it down. Let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks. That's one of the brands I was looking at previously, but I decided I didn't want to spend that much for a second stroller. I may just end up going with the cheap umbrella ones from Wal Mart or Target since he's already 4.

Have you considered renting a stroller? We rent strollers for our grandchildren from Magic Strollers (I think that's what it's called) and they are the best! These things are amazingly easy to roll and to collapse. They are sturdy, nice and clean. They will deliver to your resort and when you checkout they will pick it up from the resort.

No I haven't considered renting since we drive in. I can't imagine the cost would be cheaper than me buying one however, but I guess I could look into it.

We got a Maclaren Quest for our trip last summer for DD3 and we loved it. It lies flat & she was able to nap in it the whole time. Full price it’s not the cheapest umbrella but you can always find them on sale. I’ve heard the rentals are not comfortable for napping. The summer infant umbrella is supposedly really nice too.

We’ve always loved our Maclaren Techno XT for Disney but not sure I’d spend that price point for a stroller you don’t plan on using again. I’d probably look for any Maclaren on a local yard sale page or Craigslist. You could probably get an older lower level Mac for under $50 that way.

I can't imagine the cost would be cheaper than me buying one

I think for your length of trip it would be around $40. Of course if you need another stroller at home that's not an ideal option, but you won't buy a stroller of this quality for anywhere near that amount. :)

It's been a long time since we needed a stroller but I do remember that the umbrella ones are the worst strollers ever! They are good in theory but I never found one that the handles were tall enough(and I am only 5'5") and my back killed me after 10 minutes. Not only that, they are so hard to steer and turn especially the heavier the kid is. I would recommend a smaller jogging stroller even if it is bigger then an umbrella type. I would either take a better stroller or skip it.

We also love our Maclaren Quest. Our son is 6 and only uses a stroller at Disney. He loves his Maclaren and finds it to be very comfortable. I know that it is pricy but I'm sure that you can find a used one for much less money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter