Best Stroller for a 3 year old?

PrincessBelle23

Mouseketeer
Hello! We're heading to Disney in August with a 3.5 year old. He definitely still needs a stroller with all the walking but he doesn't nap anymore (so full recline isn't necessary). We're looking to downsize from our bulky stroller and get something that keeps him out of the sun, preferably still with a snack tray. Any recommendations or stroller you use that you love?? TIA!

You'll get a million answers here (wouldn't be surprised if this gets moved into the Family forum). We used strollers for our kids much longer than most. For us, we feel those $100+ strollers are a complete waste of money. We bought a $50 one from Wal-Mart and used it for years with very good results. It's definitely not the el-cheapo $15 umbrella special, but it did everything we needed. Held the kids safely, easy to push, had storage, etc... That's my $.02. Check Wal-Mart/Target for the $40-$60 range and grab one.

Random example...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Tre...75035&wl11=online&wl12=34426347&wl13=&veh=sem

I agree with renting. Even with a pretty good stroller at home we rent as DD didn’t need it for the airport and we didn’t want to lug it with us.

We rent the city mini as well, we used kingdom strollers and had a great experience both times.

I’m a huge fan of Uppababy. The g lux has a great sunshade and they have a new stroller the minu that can be put in the overhead bin of a airplane...not sure if you fly down or not. The minu is pricey though.
The mountain buggy nano and Diono traverse are also other compact options and super lightweight I think they weigh around 14lbs and still have some space underneath for storage.

+1 for renting a city mini from Kingdom Strollers. they fold easily, push easily, huge sunshade and come with everything you need, plus you don't need to worry about putting all those miles on your home stroller. When we went when my kids were younger, we brought a cheap umbrella stroller to get around the airport and then the rental was waiting for us at our resort.

Agree with others that if you don't need one at home, rent one. However, we brought our maclaren mark ii travel stroller when we went when my daughter was 2.5 and that stroller was great. It is lighter than a city mini (only 7 lbs) and folds extremely easily, so we were able to just fold it up and carry it on a strap on our backs if we needed to board a crowded bus or monorail. It does not recline and the sun canopy isn't amazing, but I really like traveling with that stroller.

Agree with others to rent one. I noticed that most of the rentals were City Minis. We have a city mini, too, so of course it looks like all of the rentals. It folds quickly, great sunshade, reclines if you need it, and massive weight limit (a couple of times my 8 year old was riding it with her 2 year old sister on her lap)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!