Best sunglasses for travel and pool

Carlymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I usually find cheap pairs of sunglasses ($10-20 max) because I eventually lose them or they get bent or broken. My daughter used to occasionally manhandle them, though she's 5 now and if she wants to wear a pair she does it properly. However, after many years of just picking up the latest cheap drugstore pair, I'm starting to feel like I like a quality pair I can take care of and rely on to do a good job of minimizing "brightness". Problem is, I feel overwhelmed trying to identify what brands offer the best sunglasses that are relatively durable and would be good for wearing in the pool as well as when I'm out and about. I'm pretty sensitive to brightness, so I wear shades frequently even while driving. I like a little more eye coverage so that I don't feel like the sun is easily creeping over the top or sides on a bright day.

What are your "go-tos" for good shades? I know price doesn't always = better either, which is why I value your insight if you have a brand you trust, regardless of price point. Thank you in advance!

I have Rayban w/Chromance. I liked the feel of these best, they are lightweight and block glare/brightness well. That said I still travel with my cheap Fossil when on vacation incase I lose them on a ride I won't be upset.

I prefer Oakley or Smith ones but part of that is because they actually fit my face. I have a very hard time finding ones that fit and don't make me look like Elton John in the 70s. :-)

I love my Oakley's. They are light weight and stay put on my face. They don't slide all over the place.

I need prescription lenses, currently using Ray-Ban Predator2 frames and very happy with the fit and feel. They survived my trip to Disneyland last summer, plus use on our boat and camping. I wear them daily when I drive in the summer months.

I had used Oakley in the past but had a problem issue with them and they failed to stand behind their sunglasses. Even my eye doctor tried to get them to stand behind their product and they failed them. While I wear Oakley glasses for my daily wear, I will never buy their sunglasses again.

Another vote for Oakleys. They stay put, provide good coverage, and I like the color options (I wear half jackets, which have interchangeable lenses, so have polarized lenses in a couple of different colors).

I will usually wear a sport strap with my regular sunglasses for something like Disney. It makes it harder to lose them.

When I'm worried about losing or breaking my more expensive sunglasses, I like Blenders. They're reasonable, polarized, and there is generally a promotional code for a discount available.

I love Goodr sunglasses, I got a pair for going running and now I have 4 pairs that I wear all the time. They have them in different tints so I have a pair for low light too, since I'm light sensitive since having Lasik surgery.

I really love Goodr sunglasses. They are $25 -$30 so on the upper end of the drug store range, but they are comfortable, cute and if you get a pair that is polarized they are super clear and help alot with brightness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!