Best supermarket new Disney

bxrlvr

Earning My Ears
Any advice on the best/cheapest supermarket near Disney? We'll be staying onsite so we need a place to stop by before we arrive the first day and also a place we can run out and get milk and deli meat if necessary. Also, how long a drive would it be from ASMo to the supermarket?

Any Super Walmarts nearby? :D
Thanks!

I for the life of me couldn't tell you WHERE it is -- but our Tiffany Towncar driver took us to an Albertson's. He said it was cheaper than the places closer to Disney.

There are two Publix on west 192. Head for AKL and at the intersection just before entering the approach to the lodge take a left (Sherberth Rd.). Follow that until you are almost to 192, taking a right on Black Lake Rd. (a Holiday Inn will be on your right at the turn). Follow Black Lake until it intersects with 192 ( you are running parallel to 192 and avoiding traffic). Take a right on 192 and Publix will be just down the road on the right. The second Publix, also on the right is just a bit further down. It is not at all far from All Stars and is easily reached. The prices are far, far better than Goodings in Crossroads and the selections are huge.

Super Walmart is the other way on 192 (east) and is usually mobbed. Albertson's is on 535 and is less expensive than Goodings, but not less expensive (usually) than Publix or Super Walmart.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful time!:D :D :D

We always shop at either the Publix or the Super Wal Mart.:)

super wallmart, its a hassel to get to but well worth the trip. Its out on 192 east but has everything, including 5% off disney tickets/hoppers. We loaded up on food,beer,wine and pool toys and saved a ton of $

We usually go to Publix. It has a good selection and is reasonably priced. Super Walmart is great if you need other items in addition to food. It does get awfully crowded though.

Kelly

When I'm in Florida, there is no store for me other than Publix! Great selection, decent prices, clean stores, friendly employees. Do I sound like an advertisement?

"Publix - where shopping is a pleasure"

Here I go sounding like a broken record, but another vote for Publix. There's one close to Celebration on 192.

Hi there!

We just returned from our stay over Christmas! Our TIffany towncar driver stopped off at Kash and kary..... it was a great supermarket! Clean, large...and thte prices were the same as home if not cheaper on certain items! Its about 10 min from carribean Beach. I feel its at least a great place to do your shopping before you check in as it is a really nice market and the people are friendly with prices easy on the wallet. Then if you had to run out and wanted a place closer... it wouldnt matter as much if they were a bit more expensive. We personally had to bring a few snacks home with us as we had leftovers from the market. ANyways have fun!

We like Publix the best, however, it does need more of selection in fresh produce and breads. But all in all, it is a well stocked store with good prices.

Don't forget the New Winn Dixie over by Goodings! Coming out of Hotel Blvd, make a lfet and about ¼ mile up on the right. Haven't been there yet but have read good posts about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter