Best Things About Animal Kingdom?

Some of the best things:
1. Everything about Pandora, especially both rides
2. Festival of the Lion King, our favorite show at WDW and a must-do every trip (we recently did VIP package and had an amazing experience)
3. Expedition Everest is my older daughter's favorite roller coaster anywhere
4. The food: Tusker House, Flame Tree, Satuli, Yak & Yeti all excellent, and Tiffins takes it to the next level
5. Just hanging out by the Dawa Bar, getting some shade and enjoying the street entertainment

I haven't seen Rivers of Light mentioned here much, and it's not perfect or the best night show in WDW, but it's a relaxing way to end a long day at AK, with an uplifting message that fits the park.

I love this park, too!

FOP is literally the best ride I've ever been on! And yes, Nemo is long, but when it's hot hot hot out, it makes for a nice break. The fries topped with BBQ at Flame Tree are fantastic, and in Africa, I had an iced coffee with Amarula that was so good on a hot day. It's just such a wonderful park with incredible imagineering.

I saw Festival of the Lion King for the first time on our trip last year, and it was very much ruined for me by the other people in the audience who could not seem to put their phones down. My husband was getting really upset by it, and I was getting upset that he was upset, and it was just a very unpleasant experience. We kept hoping a CM would try to do something about it, but I'm not sure they could. There were just so many people who were recording or taking flash photos and I felt very bad for the performers. The show itself is incredible though, so hopefully on our next trip, we view the show with a better mannered group of people!

My husband is NOT a Disney parks fan. He merely tolerates the annual trips that we take with my children, parents, and adult brother. (We do take other trips that are more his thing too.) Animal Kingdom is the one park that he genuinely does not mind lingering in. It really is a completely unique experience. The level of theming blows the other three parks out of the water, it has above average thrill rides with really well-produced shows, and a fantastic variety of dining options. And of course the animals - I think this is what really makes AK a place that he can enjoy over and over. Whether it's the safari or the walking trails, or even the big difference between morning and evening touring, he is guaranteed a different experience every time.

1. The animals and how each time you ride the safari, the experience is completely different.
2. The food variety - Good variety of simple and variety (BBQ and pizza vs. Pandora and Yak and Yeti)
3. The rides and shows - good variety of shows and rides that appeal to everyone in my family

The AK has become my second favorite after MK. I just love the atmosphere, but the animals are the main reason I like AK. I love walking the trails. I like that they have all the different animal tours and the Kilimanjaro Safari.
The Wild Africa Trek was the highlight of our last trip. Actually it is the best tour we have done at Disney. The CM's were great at teaching us some interesting facts about the different animals. The CM's should get some recognition for the great job they do.
The shows Finding Nemo and The Lion King are some really great shows. The actors or CM's in these shows are amazing. AK just has some really good CM's.
Two of our favorite rides are there also FOP and Everest.
Lighting up the night with Pandora and the Tree of Life was just icing on the cake! Although we did not spend much time in Pandora at night because of the crowds, what did have time to see was beautiful.The Tree of Life awakening is just amazing, I could watch it all night.

Last edited:

The animals, both on Kilimanjaro Safari and the trails. Especially when you have magical moments if a giraffe walks up to your safari truck or if you are just a (very thick) pane of glass away from a gorilla.

Beautiful landscaping, feels peaceful in there. Easy to wander around taking it all in. Good food. Great shows and great rides.

The theming and the atmosphere. It feels like so much more than "just" a theme park. So much to do and so much to explore. I could spend hours just soaking it all in.

Best:

1. Arguably the two best rides on property in Flight Of Passage & Expedition Everest.

2. The most relaxing park (at least for us)

3. The perfect park day for later in your trip (when your feet is tired)

4. Pandora

5. Festival of The Lion King

Best = The best ride on the planet - FOP.

Worst is the lack of non-height restrictive rides. Triceretops Spin, Navi River, and Safari are only "rides" a family can do together.

Hey guys,
Best things about AK for me were. . . . . .
Visiting in the evening, particularly Pandora. Great atmosphere which is a completely different vibe to the daytime.
The ability to get away from the crowds somewhat by walking the trails.
The dining options, by a very wide margin. Not only well prepared and presented but far more interesting then any of the other parks.
The surroundings and landscaping, doesn’t feel like an artificial construction of steel, fibreglass and concrete.
The fact it’s so close to Animal Kingdom Lodge, one of the best on property resorts to visit or stay.
Thanks for all the hard work and the shows, enjoy them immensely and appreciate your hard work.
All the best.

AK used to be our least favorite but it has since climbed its way to number 2 for us!

The atmosphere, the music, Expedition Everest, the FOTLK, the entertainment along the walkways, but by far the best thing has to be the Tree of Life, itself. It's just such a beautiful icon.

I agree with those PP who have mentioned the animals! From Safari to trails to Lion King, they are everywhere (real or created). Plus, I love the feel of the park- from the choice in foliage to the building styles and colors. Added plus are the sounds within the park. In February we visited one park and chose AK!

I love this park, too!

FOP is literally the best ride I've ever been on! And yes, Nemo is long, but when it's hot hot hot out, it makes for a nice break. The fries topped with BBQ at Flame Tree are fantastic, and in Africa, I had an iced coffee with Amarula that was so good on a hot day. It's just such a wonderful park with incredible imagineering.

I saw Festival of the Lion King for the first time on our trip last year, and it was very much ruined for me by the other people in the audience who could not seem to put their phones down. My husband was getting really upset by it, and I was getting upset that he was upset, and it was just a very unpleasant experience. We kept hoping a CM would try to do something about it, but I'm not sure they could. There were just so many people who were recording or taking flash photos and I felt very bad for the performers. The show itself is incredible though, so hopefully on our next trip, we view the show with a better mannered group of people!
You are allowed to record and take flash photos during the show just no external lights that are always on.

FOTLK is the best show on property.
Satuli is the best quick service followed closely by flame tree (if it only had indoor seating to control the birds)
FOP the best attraction on property
EE best roller coaster on property

Being a more frequent visitor I love experiencing new things that I likely have walked right by on previous trips without even realizing what I was missing. Take for example "Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight". This show in front of the Tree of Life takes place several times per day and allows you to get close and personal with the parks macaws. I believe these small unique experiences are part of what defines Animal Kingdom and makes it my second favorite park at WDW.

As a family we love Kilimanjaro and the walking trails the most (girls love the tigers). At the same time they hate Dinosaur and most of that area equally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!