Best time/day to phone call center

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
What is the best day/time to phone call center with the shortest wait time? I know first thing in the morning would be busy with people booking ADRs and do not call on the first day that Disney is offering an new promotion (ie free dining). do evenings weekends have shorter wait times.

What is the best day/time to phone call center with the shortest wait time? I know first thing in the morning would be busy with people booking ADRs and do not call on the first day that Disney is offering an new promotion (ie free dining). do evenings weekends have shorter wait times.

With calling WDW at least a couple times a year for over 20 years, I have yet to find a time that is better than another. You really just never know.

I've had good luck calling around 8PM Eastern Time, but I usually am not calling when FD or another discount drops.

Luck of the draw, the handful of times I've had to call, it's been handled quickly. But I'm never calling when a new discount drops or anything like that.

Somewhere between 3 and 4:00 PM ET, Tues thru Thurs, seems to lessen my chance of hearing:

Reactions: Bia
@dansdad is right, that's been my experience, too.

And it's not like there's one phone line that handles dining reservations, customer service, hotel reservations, etc. Those (and many more) are all separate phone numbers, so you're not going to be on hold behind someone trying to make a reservation for a character breakfast while you're trying to book a room at Coronado Springs.

Like all companies that handle massive numbers of inbound calls, Disney uses software to manage and distribute call volumes to keep wait times reasonable.

I usually try between 9-11 am and have pretty decent success with wait times.

I like to call during the work week during the first hour that they are open. It seems like I get the most experienced CM then, although that’s not a guarantee. I have the worst luck calling in the evening.

Last edited:
Unless it's a promo day, I've had the best luck calling as soon as the phone lines open in the morning. As others have said, dining, tours, etc. are handled through different numbers, so if you call the reservation line, you will not be put on hold behind people making ADR's.

Unless it's a promo day, I've had the best luck calling as soon as the phone lines open in the morning. As others have said, dining, tours, etc. are handled through different numbers, so if you call the reservation line, you will not be put on hold behind people making ADR's.

Lately I call as soon as my clock rolls to 7 AM. This tactic seems to give me the shortest time on hold.

I haven't found any specific time to be better. Have called a few times when making reservations, etc. People from a large number of time zones are probably calling, so I doubt you can find a specific time that works best. If I am on hold too long, I just hang up and try an hour later.

Are the people on the phone for dining reservations able to access any information we cannot online?

Are the people on the phone for dining reservations able to access any information we cannot online?
I'm sure this is certain information that they can access that we cannot but what info are you concerned about? I doubt they will know the names of other guests that will be there the same times as you or what the seating arrangments will be.

I'm sure this is certain information that they can access that we cannot but what info are you concerned about? I doubt they will know the names of other guests that will be there the same times as you or what the seating arrangments will be.

No No nothing like that... I should have been more specific. I am trying to add an extra person (7th) on to our reservations but JUST a high chair. For our more popular reservations, adding a guest is not available online because all of the larger tables are booked, but I know we should include even babies for fire code purposes. I am wondering if the phone line personnel could see if our 6 person table could add a high chair guest. I tried calling, waited 20 minutes before having to hang up...

No No nothing like that... I should have been more specific. I am trying to add an extra person (7th) on to our reservations but JUST a high chair. For our more popular reservations, adding a guest is not available online because all of the larger tables are booked, but I know we should include even babies for fire code purposes. I am wondering if the phone line personnel could see if our 6 person table could add a high chair guest. I tried calling, waited 20 minutes before having to hang up...

I wouldn't count on it. Frequently, the people you speak to on the phone are not even in Fl. Check on Open Table's website and see if you can re-book your reservation with the corrected amt of people then cancel the the Disney site reservation. Don't see it listed at Open Table? Just keep calling Disney and enjoy the music;).

Your six person table seats six people. Did seats, whether they're typical of high. You could:
Keep trying for reservations for seven or eight.
Try for reservations for one of two, then on arrival ask to be seated together; be prepared to wait, or even be denied
Try the Touring Plans reservation finder.
Try again the day before or day of your reservation for cancellations.
Change your reservations to venues with availability for seven.

Thanks! I will continue looking for a 1 person reservation. The only reservation I care about and have been unable to modify is our be our guest breakfast (after park opening). I would be willing to sit it out for my family to go enjoy the experience if push came to shove...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter