Best time to book airfare for Nov?

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
When is the best time to book airfare for Nov? We don't have many of airlines to pick from and only one airport unless we want to drive for 6 or more hours to a different airport ( which is out of the question with November weather and other things). I have been watching the airfare and it seems to keep going up. I know some people don't book till closer to November but since we don't have much to pick from, I am wondering if we should go ahead and purchase them before they go up anymore. Any help would be great. Thanks

For Southwest Airlines during popular times like Thanksgiving, the best day to buy is the day they’re announced. That day has already passed. However, if it’s not for SW or popular times, get an app like Skyscanner or Hopper and see what it says. I think they’re far from perfect, but they do offer a good starting point.

When is the best time to book airfare for Nov? We don't have many of airlines to pick from and only one airport unless we want to drive for 6 or more hours to a different airport ( which is out of the question with November weather and other things). I have been watching the airfare and it seems to keep going up. I know some people don't book till closer to November but since we don't have much to pick from, I am wondering if we should go ahead and purchase them before they go up anymore. Any help would be great. Thanks
I'll tell you exactly when, and I mean down to the second, to book airfare to get the cheapest price. In exchange, I want you to give me Saturday's winning Powerball numbers. Deal?

The bottom line is there is no rule that works for everyone. Track the prices, book when you're satisfied, and unless you've booked on SW, don't look again. You can't get upset if you don't know prices dropped, right?

Based on what you said, I would book sooner rather than later.

I find it varies by airline. I used to fly JetBlue and felt like their prices were cheapest as soon as they were released and then they bounced around a bit but never got back to as cheap as they were when they came out. Now I mostly fly Frontier and I book the cheapest flights closer to the date. But you take a bit of a risk if you need very specific dates. I'm usually a little flexible so it works for me.

I fly JetBlue. I have found over many years, that the cheapest fare is the day they are released. They go up from there

Not sure what airport it is or when your going, but if its Jersey Week or around any holiday, airlines typically charge more because they know they'll sell tickets one way or the other. As to when, we originally booked back in January for a November trip -- but due to the 737 Max issue, we canceled our flights and rebooked just last week and already paid a few hundred dollars more.

@ErinsMommy Why did you cancel and rebook at a significantly higher cost rather than waiting for the airline to manage this issue?

I’m a super anxious flyer - While I realize I have no control if the new airline we booked with wont be on a Max, the likelihood of the canceled airline was significantly higher.

I’m a super anxious flyer - While I realize I have no control if the new airline we booked with wont be on a Max, the likelihood of the canceled airline was significantly higher.
I'm not sure the bolded is true. The planes are grounded. That means the airline can't fly them. So, unless the grounding gets lifted (which I'm assuming is going to take a LOT of proof), the likelihood of you flying on a Max8 is 0%.

I'm not sure the bolded is true. The planes are grounded. That means the airline can't fly them. So, unless the grounding gets lifted (which I'm assuming is going to take a LOT of proof), the likelihood of you flying on a Max8 is 0%.

My flight date will be beyond the grounding I’m sure, but even at that point I’m just not getting on a Max and the airline we were flying out on has a significant number of them so my odds were greater than the airline we presently booked on is what I was saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter