Best Time To Tour Toontown?

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
Toontown wasn't open the last time we visited DL and so this time I am keen to really check it out in detail. Just wondering when the best time to visit is in peoples opinion. I don't want to meet and greet Mickey & Minnie just want the optimum time with the least amount of people so we can visit the houses without too much of a crush and check out all the small details. We will be visiting the first week of December (only adults, no kids) so the Xmas decorations are also a big bonus for us. I'm thinking we should visit once during the day to photo all the little details and then again at night to see all the Xmas lights. I know it closes for Fireworks and we are not late night people so would love to hear people's thoughts on best time to go. Oh we also have 7 days in the parks so plenty of time to do this land in detail and not miss out on other things. Thanks all.

Yep, like Jerrod said Rope Drop or as early as possible. A lot of families with small kids will rope drop Fantasyland and then walk right up the hill to Toontown, so it tends to get crowded even before lunch and stay that way. Since you're not a late night person, I won't recommend "after the fireworks", but that would be your other safe bet.

The only other time I can say is around dinnertime, it's still very crowded, but not as rough as late morning and early afternoon. However, if going inside Mickey and Minnie's houses are a priority, then early AM is your best bet.

Yep, like Jerrod said Rope Drop or as early as possible. A lot of families with small kids will rope drop Fantasyland and then walk right up the hill to Toontown, so it tends to get crowded even before lunch and stay that way. Since you're not a late night person, I won't recommend "after the fireworks", but that would be your other safe bet.

The only other time I can say is around dinnertime, it's still very crowded, but not as rough as late morning and early afternoon. However, if going inside Mickey and Minnie's houses are a priority, then early AM is your best bet.
Thanks for the tips. Yes I was also thinking maybe a bit before the second Xmas parade as a lot of people would be staking out a spot for that, then perhaps staying to watch lighting ceremonies at IASM & the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter