Best time to visit Disneyland?

I think this will be a good week to go. But there WILL be lots of stuff down. Summer is hard on the rides and mid September is when stuff starts to go down for maintenance. Manage those expectations. And I wouldn't count on extended summer type hours at that point. Disneyland doesn't have a history of doing that. You will get 8am-12am hours on the weekends, but that is typical year round.
Hopefully this is a unique year but we’ll see! I have a couple friends going that have never been. It’s tough to really find the balance now.

Hopefully this is a unique year but we’ll see! I have a couple friends going that have never been. It’s tough to really find the balance now.

We will see. But they have had "unique years" before (50th and 60th anniversary years) and not much changed once the off season hit, except that they continued daily fireworks.

It would be 2020. Thanks, good to know!
I really like DLR in late June with 2019 being a possible exception with SWGE. After Grad nights end, before summer crowds arrive in force, before summer heat reaches its maximum (in August statistically), and after some AP blockouts start happening. I would do like June 20-30 every time if I could.

For others talking weather, here are the averages FWIW: "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

:wizard:

Ideally we would like to go in June since that will be our 15th wedding anniversary
I really like DLR in late June with 2019 being a possible exception with SWGE. After Grad nights end, before summer crowds arrive in force, before summer heat reaches its maximum (in August statistically), and after some AP blockouts start happening. I would do like June 20-30 every time if I could.

For others talking weather, here are the averages FWIW: "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

:wizard:
Good to know! Next year is our 15th wedding anniversary on June 18th so was hoping to plan it near then. Seems like late June may be our best bet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter