Best Time to Visit

texasfight15

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are hoping to make a quick visit to WDW in 2020. The catch is, we are both grad students so we are limited to long weekends/school breaks. So, which of the following times is the ~least~ bad time to visit: MLK weekend, spring break (aligns w/ Orlando's spring break), Memorial Day weekend, or early June?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on what factors you consider ‘bad’. Guessing crowds are best for MLK, but not sure if the January weather turns you off because you need to prepare for potential severe swings in temperature.

I was there for Spring Break this year, and didn’t think it was that bad (weather or crowds). Not sure about June, but imagine it’s starting to get hot in FL by that time. May not be a big factor for someone with Texas in their username.

I think crowds would be worst for Memorial Day, but you could probably take a look at crowd calendars to verify that.

Personally a fan of Fall Break, but you didn’t list that as an option. Food and Wine Festival, generally lower crowds, and cooler weather all advantages.

I would avoid Spring Break time like the plague, but that's just me. June can be very hot but it is definitely doable if you are prepared. I've heard MLK weekend gets busy but I've never experienced it. Of the choices above, I would vote early June.

early june may not be bad because some schools around the US are still in session so families will be waiting until they're out.
but the weather does heat up.

I don't think i would personally do spring break or MDW

If you're both grad students, then might I suggest going right after you get done with school in early to mid May? I've not been in 17 years, so anyone who's been recently, which should be just about everyone on this board, correct me if I'm wrong, but with most of the US still in school until the end of May, and into mid-June for the northeast, right after most colleges get out would be, in my opinion, a good time to go down. But again, please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm looking into planning a trip for this time frame.

I've gone during early June (since that's my birthday) and spring break. June is by far my favorite, the crowds aren't as horrible and the heat seems easier to deal with (maybe I'm used to it lol). Spring break was miserably hot and packed, I would not want to go back then at all.

Look at a crowd calendar. That would be a good place to start.

Then cross that data with how expensive/less expensive the different times of the year are.

MLK would be the cheapest but it is indeed crowded that weekend and weather is very variable, you could get 50 degrees or 80 degrees or a mix in one week. I’ve had early Dec and mid Feb trips recently where I went from down vests to short sleeves in the same week. Plus lots of closures for refurbishment.

I would avoid Spring Break since it’s both crowded and very expensive but no doubt the best weather of your options since it will be warm but not super humid yet.

Memorial Day weekend and early June are a wash on cost (a little cheaper than Spring Break) with June a smidge more humid. Memorial Day weekend isn’t terrible for crowds compared to other major holidays and the week before and after aren’t bad so crowds a wash other than the weekend itself.

I would go with late May to early June considering all factors. Fall is optimal for weather, costs, and crowds but that doesn’t seem to be an option for you.

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are hoping to make a quick visit to WDW in 2020. The catch is, we are both grad students so we are limited to long weekends/school breaks. So, which of the following times is the ~least~ bad time to visit: MLK weekend, spring break (aligns w/ Orlando's spring break), Memorial Day weekend, or early June?

Thanks in advance!

If it’s just the two of you, then just pick when it’s convenient for both of you. If you take a look at crowd calendars, and avoid EMH, then with proper planning making your way through crowds is very doable. My fiancé and myself are used to going mid-July and rarely have any issue doing everything we need/want. It’s all in what you make of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter