Best tips for a family that has never camped before...

If you plan to use the comfort stations to shower at all, buy x-large puppy training pads to use in the dressing area as a clean, dry place to stand. If someone has been in there before you, or even with kids splashing water, it can get wet in the dressing area.

If you are wanting to save money, meals at the camper are a great way to do so. Where you are coming from, and weather you are flying or driving would make a difference in my advice on that subject.

Most of all, HAVE FUN! :love:

Shut the front door...I've camped since I was a kid and had never thought of the puppy pads for the standing area outside of the showers! I always do a "horribly awkward stand on one foot on my shoe then switch and hope things don't touch the floor" move! :) Thank you for this idea!

Shut the front door...I've camped since I was a kid and had never thought of the puppy pads for the standing area outside of the showers! I always do a "horribly awkward stand on one foot on my shoe then switch and hope things don't touch the floor" move! :) Thank you for this idea!

I agree! Thanks for the tip!

Use a grocery delivery service. Make up your list at home that has all your "normal" everyday comfort foods, place your order, and take groceries off your stress list. Try to keep your diet while at the campsite as normal, and cost reasonable as possible, so you can enjoy all the treats in the parks. Don't forget WATER-Orlando water is awful and a huge contributing factor to the infamous "Disney Trots" that ruins many a vacation for kids and adults alike. Speaking of that- come prepared with your families pharmacy item of choice i.e. Pepto and/or Immodium or simply include it with your grocery order. It's expensive to buy at the campground or parks. Your smart asking for advice upfront. Have a great vacation!

Mechams or even Outdoorsy (Outdoorsy will come and set up a camper for you as well)
should have a camper with bunks and a regular bed, If you get one that has the double bunks and a queen bed, everyone gets a real bed, even if someone sharing with your mom (which I am sure no grandkid will complain about.

Borrow a camper and practice, but even with that, your set up in a "new" camper will be different so using the suitcase or duffel with ziplock trick is great.
Camping is so much fun though, I think your kids will love it!

What you need to also think of is chairs and towels and linens if they are not provided. Our kids have sleeping bags to keep it simple.

Once you get to the Fort many seasoned rvers are more than happy to help or answer questions. Bring/get a broom and dustpan. It doesn't matter where you stay, what you do, sand gets into an rv! Also remind kids to stay on their own site and not wander through neighboring sites. (it's an etiquette thing!) Have fun, good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter