Best transportation from Orlando Sanford airport in Orlando

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
It is more convenient/cheaper for us to fly into Orlando Sanford Airport. The last time we did this the shuttle our TA arranged we thought was very expensive, nearly $250 dollars. Plus it picked us up upon arrival fine, but 5 hours before our departure flight! Does anyone have any experience with flying into/out of this airport, and what means did you use to get to the resort? I would think Uber or Lyft would be cheaper and more convenient for getting the most hours in WDW.

Last edited:
It is more convenient/cheaper for us to fly into McGhee Tyson Airport. The last time we did this the shuttle our TA arranged we thought was very expensive, nearly $250 dollars. Plus it picked us up upon arrival fine, but 5 hours before our departure flight! Does anyone have any experience with flying into/out of this airport, and what means did you use to get to the resort? I would think Uber or Lyft would be cheaper and more convenient for getting the most hours in WDW.
That airport is in Tennessee, not Orlando.

I checked on the Uber riders app and got a slightly different result than Steve got from Ride Guru. Obviously we don't know how many in your party, kids, etc, so we're all guessing.

I got the following prices for Uber from Orlando Sanford to Disney Springs. Obviously, your fare will vary depending on where you are actually going.

X (up to 4 passengers) $51
Comfort
(4 with more room) $62
XL
(up to 6) $77

If you decide to use Uber or Lyft, you will get an accurate quote before you actually order the ride.

we always fly sfb and rent, alamo used to be the cheapest but dollar was best last march, alamo is the furthest from luggage pick up, we join the insiders club for them all, then just drop off at car care or rental place near hotel, Disney now charges for overnight, we stay off-site at condo so no charge, i get a week for about $300

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts