Best TS restaurants for special diets

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I know CS can not always accommodate special diets, since most food is pre-made.
My DH needs a low salt diet.
Fresh fruit and salads with no dressing or olive oil are fine.

But what TS restaurants are best to accommodate special diets?

Any resort or park ?

Thank you

Any cs w a salad works
Can he do grilled burger or chicken w a toppings bar?
Most cs meals are cooked to order. Same w food courts. Grab and go is prepared in advance. But don’t rule out all qs

Any ts should be able to accommodate. Sauces excluded or on the side. Talk to your server or qs cashier.

Any ts should be able to accommodate.

Yes, just ask when you get there. Most of them will let you speak with a chef.

I really like the food at Biergarten, but my friend found it too salty for her. The chef stopped by to ask how everything was, then volunteered to make versions of the same dishes but without salt. She had to wait about half an hour while they did that, but she was very pleased with the results.

I have a family member who has a dairy allergy and another who can only have 600 mg a day of sodium and Disney is great at the TS. We love breakfasts at Boma, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Cape May, and Trail's End. Lunches we enjoy are Liberty Tree Tavern, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Rainforest Cafe AK, and Hollywood Brown Derby. Dinner favorites are Tony's, BOG, Chefs, Le Cellier, 50's PTC, and Boma. Even the dinner shows SOA and HDDR could accommodate. When making an ADR there is a space to note special diets and under there just select other since sodium is not a choice and it will be noted so when you check in they stamp in red and then a chef is brought as well.

I also have to limit my sodium, and when I made ADRs, I couldn't find anywhere to note limited sodium. There may have been some choices, but not low sodium. I hope I can just tell them when I check in.

I also have to limit my sodium, and when I made ADRs, I couldn't find anywhere to note limited sodium. There may have been some choices, but not low sodium. I hope I can just tell them when I check in.
As @CynBeth mentioned above, you can select "Other". And then yes, you tell your server when you get there.

I know CS can not always accommodate special diets, since most food is pre-made.
My DH needs a low salt diet.
Fresh fruit and salads with no dressing or olive oil are fine.

But what TS restaurants are best to accommodate special diets?

Any resort or park ?

Thank you

Low salt diet here...
I tried whole food, plant based diet while at WDW in May. I also need to limit salt so I figured this was the best option. Most meat, chicken at WDW is marinated in something, including ALOT of salt. All sauces and breads and of course fries are high in salt.

For TS ressie, CALL WDW-dining after you have made your ADRs. Ask them to note "RESTRICT SODIUM" on all reservations. A chef may call you directly to discuss your needs. Also talk with your waiter. Again note, meat and poultry are almost always marinated ahead of time so it may be best to choose other options, if chef is not aware of your needs.

My fav QS meals were: Pecos Bill: rice bowl. Ask for plain rice. Have fun at the toppings bar! So delicious!!
Columbia Harbor House: Salmon dinner. Very bland and to us low sodium folks, very wonderful!!
Buffet: Tusker House has wonderful options and chef very helpful in answering any questions or preparing something for you. I also had great success at Crystal Palace. Captain Cooks at the Poly has a wonderful salad that I topped with lemon. So good!!
Fav TS: We enjoyed sangaria and a huge salad topped with only a wonderful balsamic. I also had a piece of margarita pizza with only a tad of mozzarella. Minimal salt here.

Enjoy!

Agree with all previous PPs that almost any TS should be very accommodating--the process is easy and the chefs are very nice about it. My best experience was at Jiko--I'm allergic to a very common spice that it turned out was in *all* of their recipes, but they did a seared tuna for me with just simple seasoning and some delicious roasted brussels sprouts on the side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!