Best Umbrella/Lite Weight Stroller

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
Our May 2021 trip will include our (yet to be born) 9 month old grandson. Tell me what lite weight/umbrella stroller you love using while at WDW and why. Ive got a few I’m considering on Amazon but would love opinions. We would like something that is easy to travel with on airplane, buses, monorail, Skyliner. Easy to fold up and light to carry. My son in law is 6’4” so a stroller for tall people should be considered also.

Very few umbrella strollers recline and you really want to recline with a baby that age for naps. What is their current everyday stroller? They may not need to buy anything new as long as its foldable it will easily fit on buses, boats, and monorails. Also most airlines will gatecheck it for free so no issues there either.

We carry a monster double tandem stroller and do all of those things. A single Bob or similar is a breeze.

I'd just bring their everyday stroller. A) They'll know how to use it B) It already works for them

Assuming the world isn't on fire in April, we'll be bringing our Bob Motion down with us for an 8 month old. We used it last time with our then 20 month old and I'm so glad we brought the sturdier stroller as opposed to the lighter umbrella stroller. Granted we'll be renting a double to take to/from the parks as our older daughter will occasionally want a ride.

Their everyday stroller seems so big to be taking on the buses. I was thinking something very light would be easy to fold up and carry on a crowded bus. Amazon has some light weight umbrella strollers that fully recline and offer storage.

In my experience the umbrella strollers are sometimes harder for taller people. Do you know which model of stroller they currently have? Odds are someone on these boards has used it at the parks and can give real life experience.

We ALMOST brought our umbrella stroller (summer infant 3d lite) but we were SOOOOO happy we brought our Bob Motion (basically similar to a Britax b-agile).

In my experience the umbrella strollers are sometimes harder for taller people. Do you know which model of stroller they currently have? Odds are someone on these boards has used it at the parks and can give real life experience.

We ALMOST brought our umbrella stroller (summer infant 3d lite) but we were SOOOOO happy we brought our Bob Motion (basically similar to a Britax b-agile).

They have the Maxi-Cosi Andorra Stroller. I don’t know much about it other than it is what she put on her registry and received as a gift.

After looking at it, I would 100% bring the cosi, it looks like it's pretty easy to fold and the canopy looks much larger than most umbrella stroller canopies.

But the thing with umbrella strollers is they are usually easy to get last minute, so if in March/April they decide to bring an umbrella stroller they can order one then.

After looking at it, I would 100% bring the cosi, it looks like it's pretty easy to fold and the canopy looks much larger than most umbrella stroller canopies.

But the thing with umbrella strollers is they are usually easy to get last minute, so if in March/April they decide to bring an umbrella stroller they can order one then.
I would 100% bring the Cosi.

Thank you both for your advice. I will let her know. I think if we find it too bulky, we could always purchase one on Amazon Prime and have it delivered to the resort.

Another option is to rent a stroller. We've been doing it for years. It is an extra expense but to us totally worth not lugging stroller through the airport. Most companies offer the CitiMini which is a great stroller. It folds quickly and easily with one hand, has a huge canopy and reclines flat.

Thank you both for your advice. I will let her know. I think if we find it too bulky, we could always purchase one on Amazon Prime and have it delivered to the resort.

They are also very basic umbrella strollers in the gift shops. Usually the ones at the park gates.

We think the BabyJogger City Tour stroller is AMAZING. It collapses into a tiny backpack style bag (so easy to take on a plane and throw in overhead bin- it's square) and weighs next to nothing. It folds so foolishly easy (way easier than our City Mini double side by side AND our Bob Revolution single).

We haven't taken it to Disney because we've always had 2 at stroller age on our Disney trips, but we've lugged a kid around Europe in the City Tour including cobblestone streets etc and absolutely have no complaints- think it's very much worth the investment if you're not going the jogging style route.

Another option is to rent a stroller. We've been doing it for years. It is an extra expense but to us totally worth not lugging stroller through the airport. Most companies offer the CitiMini which is a great stroller. It folds quickly and easily with one hand, has a huge canopy and reclines flat.
1000% yes, rent a City Mini. It is SO easy on buses and trams, it does everything you say you want, and renting a stroller from one of the big rental stroller companies is a breeze.

We brought our regular stroller with us when we went - baby jogger city mini. It’s easy to fold and pretty lightweight to me

I'd only not bring a stroller if flying non stop or with a short (sub 1 hour) layover. I had a 2+ hour layover at JFK that would have been a nightmare without a stroller.

Citi Mini hands down! This was our regular stroller but I’d rent one. It’s so easy to fold, decently light, great shade canopy and reclines. We bought the bar attachment which was well worth it so my kids could sit up and lean forward. We also hung toys from it.

On our 3'rd kid my wife finally convinced me to spend a little more on a good umbrella stroller - one of the best purchases we ever made. Maclaren umbrella strollers are worth every penny. They fold down quick, hold as much as a regular stroller and don't get jammed up like a lot of the cheap umbrella strollers. We kept everything in backpacks, so when we would get on a bus we'd just remove all the backpacks and I was able to get it to fold down and sling it over my arm in one fluid motion without even slowing down. It has a rain tent, but we never used it. We just forgot to bring it. No problem - you can cover it with two ponchos when you think it will rain and it stayed just as dry as if we had used the rain tent.

I will take this opportunity to remind you about the Disney baby care centers too. There is one in every Disney park and they are AWESOME! It's one of the nicer bits of Disney magic that most people never even see.

We went in March just before shutdown with our then 10 month old and we had a 3DLite, which was great. It collapsed fast for getting onto the buses, reclined far enough for DD to be able to nap comfortably (and she did, thankfully), and was a great height given that I am 6'3" and DW is 5'5". The shade on it was sufficient and the underneath storage was very hard to get to when the stroller was reclined, but when sitting up we could throw the diaper backpack down there and light jackets for the grownups no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!