Best Umbrella/Lite Weight Stroller

Uppababy G-Luxe stroller. It’s the only stroller I would bring to Disney. It fully reclines and has an extendable spf 50 sunshade so when my DS wanted to nap in the park - he was all set for his nap in the shade. It’s pretty lightweight too for all that it offers. Plus it comes with a rain cover for afternoon downpours!

The handles adjust so if you’re taller (like my dh) he could raise the handles to his height. We also liked the maclaren but never brought to Disney as the sun shade never fully covers.
Hope this helps!

Their everyday stroller seems so big to be taking on the buses. I was thinking something very light would be easy to fold up and carry on a crowded bus. Amazon has some light weight umbrella strollers that fully recline and offer storage.
My experience (with 15+ trips with a stroller) is that the baby's comfort and ease of pushing 100% outweighs the bus challenges that may/may not happen.

I'm a single mom who travelled often with my daughter so it was me with my daughter, stroller and all our stuff. I never once regretted taking our regular stroller until she was about 4 at which time I started renting strollers that pushed more easily with an older child.

Buses aren't a big enough problem with any single stroller to warrant going smaller/lighter. Doubles are another story.

Huge fan of Zoe strollers. They are very lightweight but recline fully and have a huge canopy. My husband is over 6' and pushes them easily.

We love our OXO Tot Air! It's a great travel/umbrella stroller. We were torn between the GB Pockit or the OXO, and went with the OXO because we like the shade canopy. It's a little larger than the Pockit, but fits as carry on on a few airlines. We prefer to not gate check, it's nice to get on and off quickly - but not the end of the world if we had to gate check a stroller. I like the idea of renting a stroller too. If they won'y need one in the airport (just use a baby carrier) that would be great. Have an awesome trip with your family!!

Very few umbrella strollers recline and you really want to recline with a baby that age for naps.
I was going to say the same thing. A baby that small will really need to recline /nap. The baby's comfort will have a huge impact on the whole trip -- this isn't something to downplay.

I had a big stroller + a smaller folding stroller (never had an umbrella style). I really used both, but in those early months, I only used the big stroller. The smaller, lighter stroller was great starting about 1 year.
I'd just bring their everyday stroller. A) They'll know how to use it B) It already works for them
Well, since the baby isn't yet born, they don't know whether their waiting stroller works for them ... but presumably they'll have time to find out. Regardless, this logic is sound.
Another option is to rent a stroller. We've been doing it for years. It is an extra expense.
Consider that you have two options for renting:
1) Rent just in the parks. If you go this route, you could carry the baby in a sling on the busses /pick up a stroller as you enter the parks. This also means you have to carry the baby's diaper bag on the bus, whereas if you have your own stroller, it'll ride along in the undercarriage bag. And it means that every time you enter /leave the parks, you'll have to wait in line to pick up /drop off. If you make this choice, definitely bring something unique to tie around the handle. Why? Because your stroller will look just like everyone else's.
2) Rent from a local place. They'll deliver a stroller (and other baby gear) to your resort or rental house. This would excuse you from bringing a stroller on an airplane OR using up a large part of your trunk space for a stroller.
My experience (with 15+ trips with a stroller) is that the baby's comfort and ease of pushing 100% outweighs the bus challenges that may/may not happen.
Sooooo true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter