Best viewing for night shows- sound sensitive person

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
We are going to attempt some evening shows with a teen who is reluctant and VERY sensitive to noise. Last trip, we divided our group and two watch the MK fireworks while 2 entered HM to escape...

Would like to see Illuminations, MK fireworks, and Star Wars night show.

Where should we go?? Help!

For MK, there are several spots. As noted, Poly beach is great. You can also watch from the ferry dock at the TTC, or there is an observation deck at the Contemporary.

At Epcot, perhaps just outside the park heading toward the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht. Not sure you'd see everything, but less noise for sure.

Star Wars could be tough because it's not as heavily based in fireworks. It has some, but is more lasers, etc...maybe a good set of noise cancelling headphones?

We are going to attempt some evening shows with a teen who is reluctant and VERY sensitive to noise. Last trip, we divided our group and two watch the MK fireworks while 2 entered HM to escape...

Would like to see Illuminations, MK fireworks, and Star Wars night show.

Where should we go?? Help!
depending on the sensibility you could get real cheap ear plugs from Walgreens, if the sensibility is high I would recommend noise cancelling headphones, there are some cheap options out there. Where you can still enjoy the show while muffling the sound.
The Poly beach will still have the booms coming through so like I said, it depends how sensible your teen is.
My DD19 and she hates the booms from fireworks, she watches the show but brings earplugs to watch

First aid usually has noise reducing ear plugs. When my son was noise sensitive we bought house reducing earphones at Lowe's. The kind for working with loud equipment. His OT, had a book we could order from too, but those earphones were way more expensive.

+1 for noise cancelling head phones. MK, the view is fine from the observation area near the boat dock at the Grand Floridian, and not very noisy at all there. Epcot, I can't imagine even a halfway decent view from anywhere that is far enough away to not be loud. Same goes for Hollywood Studios. Rivers of Light, while not as thrilling as the other night time shows, does have the advantage of not having loud fireworks, so it should be much more tolerable.

People keep recommending noise-cancelling headphones, but they mean noise-muffling headphones. They are two very different things.

Noise-cancelling headphones only work for steady noises - they do nothing for sudden noises.

Personally, I would go for earplugs with the highest decibel rating you can find

At Epcot, perhaps just outside the park heading toward the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht. Not sure you'd see everything, but less noise for sure.

Pre skylinder construction Ive watched the show from the bridge to the boardwalk (closest to ESPN Club) a couple of times when I have been there on business with no ticket and the view isnt great BUT you can hear the music and see a good bit of the pyro. I wouldnt recommend it for someone who has never seen the show but it can be seen and heard from there.

Keep in mind though...the fireworks "BOOM" can still be heard as well from well beyond that point and unfortunately, if you want to be close enough to see anything, you won't be able to avoid hearing that without some noise cancelling device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!