Best waitlist chances - studios

ozliz

DIS Veteran
i know for some resorts it is really easy to see which studio categories are most popular but for other resorts I would like confirmations/advice. For example, if I have enough points for a lake view or a standard view and only one waitlist space available - which is more likely to come through and therefore be a better use of my waitlist?

I know for OKW the studios close to hospitality house go faster.

I know for BLT the lake view is the least popular.

I know for AKV Jambo and Kidani the value and concierge go fastest but savannah view is easier to get.

I understand for boardwalk the standard go fastest because they’re cheaper but do pool/garden or boardwalk view go faster?

For Poly and VGF what is more popular, lake or standard?

And since I’ve asked most other resorts, if BRV and CCV were counted as one location, which studio would be easier to get or is it too soon to know?

i know for some resorts it is really easy to see which studio categories are most popular but for other resorts I would like confirmations/advice. For example, if I have enough points for a lake view or a standard view and only one waitlist space available - which is more likely to come through and therefore be a better use of my waitlist?

I know for AKV Jambo and Kidani the value and concierge go fastest but savannah view is easier to get.

1. I understand for boardwalk the standard go fastest because they’re cheaper but do pool/garden or boardwalk view go faster?

2. For Poly and VGF what is more popular, lake or standard?

3. And since I’ve asked most other resorts, if BRV and CCV were counted as one location, which studio would be easier to get or is it too soon to know?

1. Without a doubt boardwalk view go faster and there are very few compared to pool/Garden. A wait list for pool/Garden has a much better chance of coming through b/c there are so many more.

2. At the Poly I believe lake view tends to go quicker because there are go many less of them (one side of a longhouse vs 2.5 longhouses that are standards). Again I would waitlist a standard if you are looking for the best odds due to the sheer larger number. As for VGF I don’t know the numbers but they are difficult to get as a non owner as there are so few and it appears a lot of owners tend to book studios (but perhaps you will get lucky)

3. I think for right now BRV might be easier than CCV. I haven’t tracked bookings but anecdotally I’ve noticed more availability with the RAT at BRV vs CCV when I’ve been looking at avail rooms. Both are small but CCV has 2 booking categories (tub or walk in shower) so if you have to waitlist there are 2 separate designations. Also it’s the new property and current owners often like to try the new places. That being said once CCV is sold out (ie all rooms avail on points vs some currently owned by Disney for cash reservations) I could see it being easier to book since they didn’t put the Murphy bed in there. If people want to be at WL but have 5 people they’d have to book a studio at BRV not CCV. Also people buying direct are mostly buying whatever Disney is selling even if that’s not where they want to regularly stay b/c they don’t know about resale (or guides scare them away). Whereas people who are buying BRV resale are doing so b/c they really want the home resort advantage there (especially at Christmas time).

Pondering the same - I doubt we have a chance, but I'll be waitlisting for a weekend in November (not Wine & Dine or Veteran's Day, after F&W ends). We're booked at AKV in a value studio, so we've got a rare bird already, but I'm going to WL Poly Standard, trying to decide between BLT Lake or BW Garden - whichever we'd have a better chance of getting. Probably doesn't matter, I doubt we'll get lucky... but at least I'm trying!

I understand for boardwalk the standard go fastest because they’re cheaper but do pool/garden or boardwalk view go faster?

And since I’ve asked most other resorts, if BRV and CCV were counted as one location, which studio would be easier to get or is it too soon to know?

I'd say it's not about being popular but more on size of the category and/or value vs other categories.

At BWV the boardwalk view goes faster than pool/garden. It has far fewer rooms and requires the same number of points as the pool/garden view.

PVB - the standard view is a MUCH larger category than lakeview.

VGF - studios just go fast because there are so few. Standard tends to go faster but there are more standard view rooms.

At BRV/CCV - I'd take a chance on BRV just because there's no split in the studio categories like CCV which has studio with tub and studio with walk in shower. But if waitlisting for CCV I'd select studio with walk in shower.

Trying to figure out what would be best for us to wait list for Boardwalk for Fri, Oct 18th for one night. I currently have AKL Savanna View, but want to eat at Bon Voyage in the morning. We have MNSSHP on the 18th, but trying my best to figure out what are the odds of one Studio Wait list from the other. Anyone have luck with wait list at BWV studios and which one was the best?

Trying to figure out what would be best for us to wait list for Boardwalk for Fri, Oct 18th for one night. I currently have AKL Savanna View, but want to eat at Bon Voyage in the morning. We have MNSSHP on the 18th, but trying my best to figure out what are the odds of one Studio Wait list from the other. Anyone have luck with wait list at BWV studios and which one was the best?

Pool garden view is by far the largest studio category at BWV.

You never know. It was only a one night waitlist, and it was for OKW. For three weeks I had waitlisted a studio at OKW, but suddenly I realized I could also waitlist “hospitality house.” That waitlist came through in two days! This was for October 17.

Don't forget to just check from time to time to see if something opened. If you do snag a unit, be sure to cancel all other wait lists.

Pondering the same - I doubt we have a chance, but I'll be waitlisting for a weekend in November (not Wine & Dine or Veteran's Day, after F&W ends). We're booked at AKV in a value studio, so we've got a rare bird already, but I'm going to WL Poly Standard, trying to decide between BLT Lake or BW Garden - whichever we'd have a better chance of getting. Probably doesn't matter, I doubt we'll get lucky... but at least I'm trying!
Last week I was stalking like it was my job to find a studio availability in late October for 3 days on a weekend at ANY resort except AK. I grabbed SSR as a safety net. I saw a lot pop up on the calender for other dates but I *was* able to snag 2 nights in a Poly lake view and the last night in a Poly standard. I cancelled my waitlists and now have a waitlist for the last night as a lake view and the first 2 nights as a standard so my daughter doesn't have to move rooms. She is thrilled to stay at the Poly for her 30th birthday and I feel very lucky to have snagged 3 nights during F&W. I suggest stalking every second you have a chance and take nights that are available and cobble together a full stay THEN waitlist for those nights you want to swap out.

Last week I was stalking like it was my job to find a studio availability in late October for 3 days on a weekend at ANY resort except AK. I grabbed SSR as a safety net. I saw a lot pop up on the calender for other dates but I *was* able to snag 2 nights in a Poly lake view and the last night in a Poly standard. I cancelled my waitlists and now have a waitlist for the last night as a lake view and the first 2 nights as a standard so my daughter doesn't have to move rooms. She is thrilled to stay at the Poly for her 30th birthday and I feel very lucky to have snagged 3 nights during F&W. I suggest stalking every second you have a chance and take nights that are available and cobble together a full stay THEN waitlist for those nights you want to swap out.
That was a post from 2018, we got our Poly waitlist and had a fantastic weekend in November

That was a post from 2018, we got our Poly waitlist and had a fantastic weekend in November
ohh - haha - i guess somebody found the original thread and started posting again - it didn't occur to me to check the date on the posts just above the new replies - glad to hear you got your waitlist!

For anyone else who somehow finds this old post, there's a lot in this that isn't quite accurate.

OKW Near HH, AKV Value-Concierge go fastest because they are small categories.

BLT Lake View isn't "the least popular," but the largest category at BLT by a LOT.

At BWV, Standard is small and cheap so they go fast, and since Boardwalk and Pool/Garden cost the same, the much smaller category (Boardwalk) goes faster. Pool/Garden is much larger than BWV Standard AND Boardwalk View combined.

Sometimes, it's not about "popularity" as size of the category. The two also play together, as in the case of AKV Value/Club, and BWV and BLT Standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter