Best way to add 2 days onto my hotel reservation - without losing current room category and/or discount?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I am looking to add 2 days onto my hotel reservation. Right now the room category I have booked is no longer available for my current stay dates. The 2 add on dates it is available though. Is it true when I go to add on those 2 days, they have to cancel the original reservation, which means someone could technically scoop it up before they re process my new dates (old dates plus 2 add on days)?

Also, I currently received the sun and fun discount for my current room booked. But the 2 add on dates, even though my room category is available, the sun and fun is not available for those dates. So what will happen when I rebook? Do I lose the entire sun and fun for all the days? Can they book me 2 days at non sun and fun and allow me to keep my original sun and fun rates for the days I have booked currently?

Is there a good way to rebook, not lose my original room or discount, but add on two more days? I hope I am being clear, it's complicated to explain!

thank you!

What I have always done in that situation is make a separate reservation for the 2 days, in the same tier as the original reservation ( ie be sure both res are for standard room,or preferred room).
Then once you have both res you can call and ask to have them merged without losing the discount on your original res.

If that can’t be done, ask nicely when you check in if you can stay in the same room for both reservations.
I’ve done this several times with no problems.

The worst that can happen if they can’t keep you in the same room, you will have to move to a different room for the 2 days, but as I said, they have always been able to keep me in the same room.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

If the promotion is not available for those two dates, just go online and make a separate reservation. We’ve done that a few times.

We explained our reservations when we checked in for the first reservation and they were able to keep us in the same room. No guarantee of course that they’ll be able to do this, but they do their best. :)

I’ve also made a separate reservation before. My dates weren’t available through Disney, but they were available through a travel site. Once booked, I called and had the reservations linked, noted as a continuation and put in a request to stay in the same room. When we arrived, we found out were able to stay in the same room when we asked at check in. We had a small issue with our magic bands not unlocking the door when the reservation switched over, not sure why because everything looked linked in MDE, but they fixed it lickety split.

Yea, just book the 2 days you need. Then call CRO & ask to have the 2 reservations linked. Go to the desk at check in even if you get a direct to room message. Just ask if you will be able to stay in the same room. As long as the room types are exactly the same, there is an excellent chance you will. Disney doesn’t want to have to clean your room for a new guest while they move you to an already clean room. It is much easier for them to keep you in your room. On a stay last year, we had a single night at 1 discount, the rest with a different discount. When we checked in for the first night, I asked if we would be staying in the same room. We were told yes & that everything was all set for that. We didn’t need to do any further check in the next morning.

Last edited:
Here are some options.
1. See if there is availability for longer than you really want. Book it and then call Disney and see if they will throw some pixie dust your way and take off the extra days. For me this has been hit or miss.
2. Book the 2 days as a separate reservation as others have mentioned then link them and request to stay in the same room at check in. I have also had success with this strategy.
3. Check resellers, Trivago, Expedia, Orbitz etc.
4. Keep checking the Disney site, availability changes all the time.

Yea, just book the 2 days you need. Then call CRO & ask to have the 2 reservations linked. Go to the desk at check in even if you get a direct to room message. Just ask if you will be able to stay in the same room. As long as the room types are exactly the same, there is an excellent chance you will. Disney doesn’t want to have to clean your room for a new guest while they move you to an already clean room. It is much easier for them to keep you in your room. On a stay last year, we had a single night at 1 discount, the rest with a different discount. When we checked in for the first night, I asked if we would be staying in the same room. We were told yes & that everything was all set for that. We didn’t need to do any further check in the next morning.

I don't think they can link them? 5 nights will be on a discount and the other 2 regular rates. I will try once I get them all settled. I had to book the 2 days separate after calling them.

I don't think they can link them? 5 nights will be on a discount and the other 2 regular rates. I will try once I get them all settled. I had to book the 2 days separate after calling them.

What they do is link the reservations through notes - just indicating that you are the same guest on the same stay, which reduces the possibility that you may have to change rooms. Having two separate reservations means you may need to change rooms for the second reservation, linking them just reduces that possiblity (no guarantee that you won't have to move, just improves your chances of keeping the same room)

They can still link them as a continuing stay. I have 2 seperate reservations at different rates and they’re linked. When I arrive I’ll ask if I can stay in the same room. And probably the evening before I’ll check back at the desk too.

What they do is link the reservations through notes - just indicating that you are the same guest on the same stay, which reduces the possibility that you may have to change rooms. Having two separate reservations means you may need to change rooms for the second reservation, linking them just reduces that possiblity (no guarantee that you won't have to move, just improves your chances of keeping the same room)

Ok I will call to try this, thanks!

They can still link them as a continuing stay. I have 2 seperate reservations at different rates and they’re linked. When I arrive I’ll ask if I can stay in the same room. And probably the evening before I’ll check back at the desk too.

Do you mean the evening before the first reservation ends?

Update FYI< I had to make a separate reservation for the 2 added days, due to the lack of availability at the promotion rate (Sun and Fun). So my first part of the stay I have the original reduced rate and the second part of the 2 days added I am paying regular rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!