Best way to Artist Point?...

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
Using Disney transportation, does taking the boat or bus get you closer to Artist Point? (I have never been to Wilderness Lodge, so have no idea of the layout.)

TIA!:flower3:

The boat is dock is marginally closer to Artist Point than the bus stops.

Where are you coming from?

IMHO I really enjoy taking the boat to Wilderness Lodge, it just seems so majestic and magical to arrive by boat, it gives you a great feeling that your deep in the woods, the bus just seems to commercial. If you are coming from MK then by all means take the Boat.

Assuming you are comoing from MK, either will get you there about the same time. Walking distance from the boat dock or bus stop is not much different. Personally, we like the boat.
You will have to come from a park to get to Wilderness as there is no direct resort to resort disney transportation.

If traveling from somewhere other than MK then take a Minnie van or Uber (Uber is cheaper, van nicer).

Keep in mind that a couple of times when i did take the boat to/from WL, there were so many bugs out around the boat. (naturally since it was sun down already). So gross though. :(

Using Disney transportation, does taking the boat or bus get you closer to Artist Point? (I have never been to Wilderness Lodge, so have no idea of the layout.)

TIA!:flower3:
I agree with those who say boat. First, it's just way cooler than a bus (or a van). Second, it puts you out on the dock, and the walk from there is lovely, as well. Third, the distance difference between the bus stop and the boat dock is negligible.

The bus drop is located between the main Lodge and the VWL resort building. You take that short walkway into the southern entrance of the main Lodge and pass by the Mercantile before walking through the lobby to the entrance of AP. If you take the boat, you'll be dropped off on the other side of the Lodge, and you'll wind your way along a tranquil boarded pathway that passes by the main pool and brings you into the main building near Roaring Fork. You then have to walk up a wide, longish ramp to get to AP. Neither walk will take you over 2 minutes unless you leisurely stroll, which is actually a good thing to do at WL since it's that pretty. I prefer the boat due to it being less congested and, as another said, "commercial."

While there is no direct bus service from resort to resort, you can take a boat from both CR and FW to WL. If for some reason you do decide to use a taxi, Uber, Minnie Van, et.al., then you'll be dropped off at the main entrance to the Lodge, and I have to say, it's one of the most awe-inspiring entrances anywhere. You walk into the lobby and are immediately struck by the majestic architecture and the soaring music. It's a treat unto itself. AP will be straight ahead and slightly to your left on the other side of WCC.

Have fun!

Thank you everyone! Very breif trip this year, and I like to know how to navigate best! Thanks for all the good information!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!