Best way to do a split trip?

Shavsmimi

Earning My Ears
I’m trying to do a Disney Workd then Universal trip for a weekend half what’s the best way to do it?

my plan is to go to Disney for 4th of July week then universal the next.

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

If you are asking about order of parks, we are usually more motivated the first half than the second. Which parks do you think you'll want to have longer days? I would do those first. We tend to want more half days and hanging around the pool towards the end of our trips. My other suggestion is to never downsize. It's fun moving from value to moderate or not to deluxe, but going from deluxe to value is noticeably less enjoyable. If you are planning to splurge on one of the hotels (or express passes), put that in the latter half of your trip.

If you are asking about lodging, we have found that we don't like changing hotels, and I wouldn't want to stay at one resort while visiting the other for more than a day. Also, for trips that long theme park food gets really old. We would probably stay off-site in a condo with full kitchen or even a house with private pool. About 4 days is the most we can share a hotel with our kids!

Feel free to ask more specific questions!

We did USO first because figured that is a more "go, go, go" kind of resort. And it was. WDW can be that but can also be slow and meandering -- more choices. I was happy we had it that way. We spent 2.5 days at USO and then transferred to WDW for a week. For WDW we did do a split stay (first at AKL and then Poly) and not something that is super awesome but it really worked for us and probably doing it again (we never learn). We liked staying onsite to have the transportation available to us but did it through renting points from DVC resellers so we had a little kitchenette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter