Best way to drop off car near Disney

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
We will have a rental car for the first part of our trip, but want to return it when we get to our Disney resort. We are transferring to Beach Club on a Saturday in July. We do plan to go to Disney Springs for a bit that day. We can either check in to Beach Club first or go to DS first, it depends on how easy the car rental return is. What would be the easiest way or the best company to use for this?

Are you picking up the car from the airport? Some companies require you to return the car back to the same place as you picked up. I know Dollar is that way with their airport rentals. They wouldn't even make an exception when the car had a check engine light on and there was a closer location to us then the airport.

You can actually hook the rental car reservation this way: rent from point A, return to point B. Renting from Alamo, you could return to the Dolphin. Either before or after DS. If the rental counter is closed, just turn the car over to Dolphin Valet.

National and Alamo have a counter at the Dolphin.

You can check in at BC, drop off your luggage (in the room if it is ready or leave it with bell services), return the car at the Swan and head to DS.

Last edited:

The following rental car companies have desks at the nearby Disney Springs Hotels. If you're planning on going to Disney Springs, you could drop off your luggage at your resort before returning the car. Then, you can walk to Disney Springs and use Disney transportation to your resort.

Sorted by Walking Distance (near to far):
  • Avis: Hilton Lake Buena Vista
  • Dollar: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Alamo/National: Hilton Buena Vista Palace
  • Hertz: Holiday Inn Disney Springs
  • Enterprise: B Resort and Spa
  • Budget: DoubleTree Suites Disney Springs

Personally, I've started or ended literally dozens of one-way rentals at the above locations with Avis, Alamo, and Budget. I never had any major issues at any of those locations.

Or as kaytieeldr notes, you could drop off the car at the Alamo/National location at the Walt Disney World Dolphin. (It is at the WDW Dolphin, not the WDW Swan.)

We did the opposite last year, rented at the Dolphin and returned the car to MCO. However, when we tried to do it thru the website the charge was pretty high (@ $100 more for the rental), but when we got the car, the woman at the Alamo counter worked her magic and we only paid $20 more.

Thank you all so much! This is perfect. There are a lot more options than I would have thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!