Best way to get from CDG Airport to DLP??

iandwfraser

Earning My Ears
Hiya folks,
using get tips from simons book,we have gone and booked it all ourselves,we leave on sunday (14 thrill hungry scots)6 adults and 8 children.
We are just getting a little anxious about travelling from cdg to dlp.
any tips please????
vea navette??
taxi??
ratp bus??
metro??

what is the best value??and easiest??
please bear in mind only one of us speaks de lingo.
and it'll be like herding sheep.
please relieve this pressure,thanks in advance.
::MinnieMo :wave: ::MickeyMo :bounce:
iandwfraser@yahoo.co.uk

http://www.vea.fr/uk/

have a look at this site, it itells you where to get the bus, how much and the times that you can pick it up, it is a big red disney bus that will take you direct to your hotel. takes around 30-40 mins depending on how many buses are needed, i used it last year with my gf and we were the only people on the bus so he left right away, they are very prompt and wont hang around, they arrive at the airport approx every 40 mins.

hope that helps
oh you just telll him wot disney hotel u go to and if ur the only ones on, he'll bypass all the others and go straight to yours

dave & suzie::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

that is exactly what i needed to hear,decisions have been made,stress is now a thing of the past........
its wednesday now and i go on sunday with 13 others,im so excited !!!!!!!!!
ive been twice before but never when the studios were there,and im staying in the santa fe.
I will report back when i return home.
cheers,what a way to start the new year.
:jumping1: :love1: :jumping1:

I have to add one word of warning to this. We arrived for our disney trip and had the best time ever over the period 23rd to 27th january. I`m still in process of trip report writing but you can follow the trip in picture form on http://community.webshots.com/user/danny_jackie where i have added enough detail in the descriptions for it to now work as a trip report with pictures.

On our arrival at CDG air france terminal 2 the queue for the vea bus at this pick up point grew to some 60 people. More than the bus can hold. And when the bus arrived after picking up at the four previous pick up points it had 6 seats left. The driver spoke no english or french( his idea of dealing with the situation was to not open the door and drive off).

We worked out with the trafic and the fact the bus had picked up from 3 other points if you got picked up on the first stop and dropped off at the last hotel the trip takes 2 hrs (confirmed by a couple we met in walts who had used the service). If you walk 100 yds in terminal 2 to the TGV station and by a ticket each for the TGV it takes 10mins and is cheaper than the bus. When you get off the TGV at Marne la Valee you are at the Hotel shuttle bus station where we had to wait a staggering 2mins for our bus which got us to the hotel in 5 mins probably b4 the vea bus had even hit the roads outside the airport.

Dont worry about luggage on the tgv the doors are big and your on the train for such a short length of time you may as well just sit on the seats in the vestibule with your luggage.

dont forget to punch your ticket yourself b4 you get on the train in the unlikely chance a guard does reach you in the 10min journey and dont forget to get off or youll end up in NICE or TOULON

there is jayne but its not very friendly...go to google and youll get a link if you enter tgv and sncf.

I was thinking of using the TGV. We are arriving via terminal 1. How easy is it to get between terminals (bear in mind we haven;t been to CDG before) and how often do the trains to the park run?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Steve

the tgv is actually clearly marked from t1 and there are regular shuttle buses between terminals..Remember your not looking for a TGV to the Park though it will be heading to Canne or Lyon or Avignon or somewher south so dont forget to get off at Marne Le Valee.. When you go to the ticket office at the TGV station located above the platforms and clearly visible they will just put you on the next TGV that is stopping at Marne Le Valee.

Just returned - report soon. Meanwhile, just to comment - we arrived at Terminal 1. Walked down to gate 32 and caught the shuttle to the hotel - no problem whatever. But keep in mind we were there during bad weather and were the ONLY ones taking the coach from CDG that afternoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!