Best way to get from Disney to Seaworld?

This was copied from the Lynx website.

Reduced Fares Application

LYNX requires any eligible passenger the opportunity to travel on local bus service or NeighborLink to use a discounted fare. Upon boarding a bus, eligible riders must present a LYNX issued ID to use the discounted fare. Failure to do so will result in you having to pay the full fare.

Passengers wishing to obtain an ID may visit the LYNX Central Station Terminal Lost & Found Window Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

To receive a Youth ID (ages 10 - 18 or still in high school) you must present a birth certificate or government issued ID (e.g., driver’s license, state ID card or passport). Riders age six and under may still ride free when accompanied by an adult (full or discounted fare). No more than three children may ride free per adult. Children six and under must pay $1 when not accompanied by an adult.

It sounds to me like the 12 year old would have to go to the Lynx station to get Youth ID to get a discount. If you are only using the busses for a day or so, in my opinion you are better off paying the adult fare.

http://www.orlando-how-to.com/lynx.php

Cash. When you board, use your exact change, sliding your paper money into the feeder, and dropping the coins into the box. The system will count it as you feed it. If you need a transfer, ask the driver. Transfers are free.

Could someone please tell me if the DTD bus 50 to Sea World is still running with all the construction going on. I thought the stop was located on the West Side, but that's all blocked off right now, isn't it? So, if it is still running, where do you go to pick it up at? The Market Place?

Thanks

According to the Lynx website :
https://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...date=12/02/13&time=08:00am&sort=walk&dirflg=r

and:
http://www.golynx.com/core/fileparse.php/97363/urlt/0055224-link_50.pdf

From the number of buses I see in that area-I would say the bus is still running.

I was on the #50 bus the other day, and I noticed that the bus stop is still there right in front of the Hilton. Walk out of Downtown Disney Marketplace, at the
corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd and cross the street so your back is to the Hilton. The # 50 bus will pick you up right there, and if it is on time, it should be there about 48 or 18 past the hour, so it is about a 20 minute trip. You should be at Sea World about 08 or 38 past the hour. Once you are dropped off, you will have a bit of a short walk to get to Sea World. Don't expect to be dropped off at the door. I think you must walk across the parking lot.

I'm not sure what Disney store or what mall you would like to go to.

I do know you can get off the #50 at Sea World and transfer (transfers are free) and catch a # 8 but to either the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall, or go the other way with the #8 bus to Orlando Premium Outlet International Drive. The Orlando Premium Outlet International Drive is a bit bigger, but both have Character outlet shops, for discounted Disney merchandise. If you have any questions, the bus driver is usually pretty good and helpful to help you transfer or tell you which stop to go to.

We would really like to get to Sea World on our Oct. 2014 trip but we will have 8 people including 2 toddlers that still need car seats. We are not interested in taking the public bus. I called the cab company and we could take 2 vans but they can't guarantee availability of car seats. Has anyone had experience with this? Also, I thought I read a page or 2 back that someone had a van/shuttle service for a party of 10. Does anyone know which company does this?

We would really like to get to Sea World on our Oct. 2014 trip but we will have 8 people including 2 toddlers that still need car seats. We are not interested in taking the public bus. I called the cab company and we could take 2 vans but they can't guarantee availability of car seats. Has anyone had experience with this? Also, I thought I read a page or 2 back that someone had a van/shuttle service for a party of 10. Does anyone know which company does this?

Mears Transportation offers a "luxury van" which will accommodate your entire party. I just ran a quote (using a June Saturday for pricing purposes....I think October is too far away to reserve just yet) There is a space that asks "do you need a car seat?" when you get to the "Travel Details" section of the booking page.

For pricing, I used the assumption of leaving from Downtown Disney. If you are planning on getting picked up from another location, the price may be slightly different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can someone tell me if the Lynx transportation is still available and a link to it? I clicked on the link given in the 1st post but get a page not found.

TIA
Yes, it's still available, we are arriving in a few weeks and plan a day at aquatica. The #50 bus runs around every 20 minutes from dtd. We did this 4 yrs ago and it was fine, only about a twenty minute ride. If you Google lynx bus transportation you'll find their website.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's still available, we are arriving in a few weeks and plan a day at aquatica. The #50 bus runs around every 20 minutes from dtd and costs $2.00 one way. We did this 4 yrs ago and it was fine, only about a twenty minute ride. If you Google lynx bus transportation you'll find their website.

:)
Oh great.. Yes, we will be there in little over a month. Now which side of DTD will the Lynx bus be on? Now will it be #50 from Seaworld back to DTD or another bus #? Trying to get my notebook all ready before we leave so I won't be losing any time trying to find out everything there.

1st time disney trip for my daughter (19 months) would it be worth going to sea world for 1 day or just spending the whole week at disney?

Oh great.. Yes, we will be there in little over a month. Now which side of DTD will the Lynx bus be on? Now will it be #50 from Seaworld back to DTD or another bus #? Trying to get my notebook all ready before we leave so I won't be losing any time trying to find out everything there.

We were there in 2013, assuming it hasn't changed it's really easy.
First I would download the bus schedule to make sure (I just searched online for lynx 50).
Then if you look at a map of DTD, at the west edge, past cirque de soleil there a bus station and we got the #50 from there once.
However we generally travelled to DTD via the boats or disney bus which arrive near rainforest cafe, at the east edge. Next to those disney bus stops there's a path to leave DTD, head east, cross the road and there's a bus stop directly opposite where the #50 stops. This was far easier for us.

It was the same bus coming back (but if you use this, take a look at your surroundings when you set off in the morning from DTD, we nearly missed the stop on the way back in the dark a couple of times - luckily there was always someone else doing the same as us and that gave us time to see DTD and get off then).

I tried to add a picture to this post to show where I'm talking about but it won't let me. If you look on google maps, DTD and then look just to the right of dad's right edge, the bus stop I'm talking about is highlighted with a little blue bus icon.

Could someone please tell me if the DTD bus 50 to Sea World is still running with all the construction going on. I thought the stop was located on the West Side, but that's all blocked off right now, isn't it? So, if it is still running, where do you go to pick it up at? The Market Place?

Thanks

Just did this trip on Thursday. With your back facing DTD Marketplace (where you are dropped off by the disney bus) look off to your right and you will see a traffic light. It is the only traffic light I saw. You have to walk through DTD marketplace (not outside the marketplace) towards the traffic light. Cross the street at the light and look to your right which is where the bus stop is. This was all conveniently explained to me by the disney bus driver when I asked him. Don't be afraid to ask. He answered the question like he had been doing it his whole life. The bus stop at seaworld is just past the Seaworld sign. The bus stops at the "Seaworld Orlando" sign. I was going to get off there but the lynx bus driver stopped us and told us to get off at the next stop right up the street. We crossed the parking lot by foot into seaworld. The return stop is right across the street from where you were dropped off.
The problem occurred on the way back when i didn't recognize our DTD marketplace stop and was unable to pull the cord quick enough to stop. The bus continued to the far end of DTD where we had to get the DTD boat back to the marketplace (or you can walk 10 minutes through DTD). It all sounds confusing but it was actually very easy. If we would have missed the DTD stop all together, the bus still would have stopped at the TTC by Magic Kingdom.

Thinking of adding a discovery cove day to our trip in January. Don't want to take public transit because I want to be there early to check in (if I recall correctly from last time it's something like 7?)

There will be 4 of us - is taxi or town car the only two options besides renting a car? We are at CBR - anyone done either from there and which do you recommend?

What Colonel W said was well written. Just make sure you cross the street over to the Hilton, not over to Wyndham resort or Buena Vista Palace.

Usually when I'm taking the #50, I get off at DTD, I follow everyone toward the splash pool and washrooms, but before I reach the water spouts, I make a sharp left turn behind the Christmas scene. I find myself walking on a walled path between buses on my left and behind the backs of the stores on my right. I believe it ends at Wolfgang
Just did this trip on Thursday. With your back facing DTD Marketplace (where you are dropped off by the disney bus) look off to your right and you will see a traffic light. It is the only traffic light I saw. You have to walk through DTD marketplace (not outside the marketplace) towards the traffic light. Cross the street at the light and look to your right which is where the bus stop is. This was all conveniently explained to me by the disney bus driver when I asked him. Don't be afraid to ask. He answered the question like he had been doing it his whole life. The bus stop at seaworld is just past the Seaworld sign. The bus stops at the "Seaworld Orlando" sign. I was going to get off there but the lynx bus driver stopped us and told us to get off at the next stop right up the street. We crossed the parking lot by foot into seaworld. The return stop is right across the street from where you were dropped off.
The problem occurred on the way back when i didn't recognize our DTD marketplace stop and was unable to pull the cord quick enough to stop. The bus continued to the far end of DTD where we had to get the DTD boat back to the marketplace (or you can walk 10 minutes through DTD). It all sounds confusing but it was actually very easy. If we would have missed the DTD stop all together, the bus still would have stopped at the TTC by Magic Kingdom.
Puck Express. If memory serves me correctly, that is where the entryway, exit to DTD is. The intersection is right there,

Airport to Sea World area hotel (Spring Hill Suites). 4 adults and 2 children needing car seats. Is Mears the best option or does anybody have any experience with anywhere else for renting transportation? Anything in particular I should keep in mind doing this?

If you have updated costs or links for Lynx, Mears, Uber, Dreams Unlimited, private car service, etc. please list it here so we are aware of costs for 2016.

This sticky is 6 years old and having current cost information will be very helpful for all planning a budget.

As of January 2016, fare was $2.00 for each adult,each way. $4.50 for a day pass. Children under 6 were free. There is a discount fare for seniors, youths, and the disabled of $1.00 pp, each way, but you have to have an Advantage Card, which you get downtown.

www.golynx.com

uber works very well in Orlando and the price is right as long as you aren't booking pickup for peak times/surge pricing (as in after MK fireworks).

there are threads on the transportation board that go into great detail if you aren't familiar with the service or go directly to uber's website for details.

The thread in the Transportation forums that gives specific information about Uber:

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

1. Busses and Taxi's and Uber's OH MY!
    We used Uber several times in September for the first time, and we were much luckier in our experiences, sounds like you were really unlucky which...
    Post by: ecclescake, Nov 3, 2015 in forum: Transportation

2. Post
    Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW
    1. An Uber driver can definitely pick up and drop off at SeaWorld. They will do this at the taxi/bus pick up & drop off area. It's also where the...
    Post by: Sehsun, Oct 21, 2015 in forum: Transportation

3. Post
    Transportation to US/IoA
    This August my family of four will be staying at Caribbean Beach. Two of us want to go to Seaworld and two to Universal. Does Mears take to...
    Post by: Aurora in blue, Jun 26, 2015 in forum:

Just an example of some various questions in this Transportation forum for obtaining information when using Uber to reach Sea World and the other sites.
    I was told by the Transportation moderator that the poster RideShareRob is accurate and keeps his information current.
    If a poster gives our incorrect information regarding Uber, Rob will post to correct it.

Rob explains how to use Uber.
    Posters tell how they liked using Uber.

If you are trying to find affordable transportation to Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, the above thread is helpful.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!