Best way to get sand out of beach shoes?

maslex

DIS Veteran
Heading out next weekend for a 3 week road trip. I'm starting to get a jump start on packing our suitcases with stuff we won't be using this week. I dug out our water/beach shoes. But even though I ran them through the wash after our vacation last year, there was still a ton of sand inside the shoes. So I dumped them outside, banged them against the ground and ran them through the wash again. While most of the sand is out, there's still sand in them.

Try corn starch. Sprinkle some in and use a paint brush, toothbrush, rag..whatever...and brush it out. It works great when you are at the beach and need to get back in the car. Just brush some on the feet or bottom of the shoes and the sand comes off so easily!! I have heard of baby powder being used too but I never used it so I can't say how well it works. Have fun on your trip!!!!

Not sure how well it works for sand & shoes. But I now carry a few things for quick cleaning on road trips....
I head about the Rinse Kit. I'll let others comment on this new product...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rinse-Kit-2-Gal-Portable-Shower-in-Black-RKBLK1PC/301417879

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter