Best way to get to Floridian from the fort

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
We (the kids) decided they wanted to try a character dining this time, so we will be having an 8:30 breakfast on the last Saturday we are there at 1900 Park Fare at the Floridian, then heading to MK one last time.

What would be the easiest/fastest way to get there from the Fort?

We (the kids) decided they wanted to try a character dining this time, so we will be having an 8:30 breakfast on the last Saturday we are there at 1900 Park Fare at the Floridian, then heading to MK one last time.

What would be the easiest/fastest way to get there from the Fort?

I always felt like the fastest (not necessarily the easiest) way to get around WDW property was to drive myself. If you did not want to drive, I would think that taking the boat to the Contemporary and then the resort monorail around to the Grand Floridian would be easiest. You could then get back on the monorail and take the short trip over to the MK. JMO

Steve

I always felt like the fastest (not necessarily the easiest) way to get around WDW property was to drive myself. If you did not want to drive, I would think that taking the boat to the Contemporary and then the resort monorail around to the Grand Floridian would be easiest. You could then get back on the monorail and take the short trip over to the MK. JMO

Steve

I was thinking about driving too, but would we have to pay to park at the resort now, just for breakfast? I would not be up for that.

How long would it take to do the above so we can plan for it as we are NOT morning folk.

I was thinking about driving too, but would we have to pay to park at the resort now, just for breakfast? I would not be up for that.

How long would it take to do the above so we can plan for it as we are NOT morning folk.

I do not believe that you have to pay to park at a resort if you have a dinning reservation. The charge is for overnight parking. If you are driving to the GF from the Fort, I would think that 45 minutes would be ample time to get there park and walk to the restaurant. I am not sure what the new resort flyover would do to you time wise. Someone who has been there since the flyover opened may be able to answer that question more accurately. If taking the boat, again I would think 45 minutes (after the boat arrives) would be ample time as you would not have to worry about finding a parking place and then making it into the restaurant. Again, JMO

If the time is about the same, I think we would just take the boat...depending on how long it takes to get to the doc from our site. Good to know about the parking- I think now that I also read something like that.

Our family is notoriously late- which is another reason we were not going to do an ADR, but the kids wanted to try this out so I want to make sure we leave plenty of time.

If the time is about the same, I think we would just take the boat...depending on how long it takes to get to the doc from our site. Good to know about the parking- I think now that I also read something like that.

Our family is notoriously late- which is another reason we were not going to do an ADR, but the kids wanted to try this out so I want to make sure we leave plenty of time.

I would allow an hour if you are taking a boat to Contemporary, then the monorail to Gr. Floridian. Sometimes there is no wait for either - you hit it just right - other times can be a wait if you get there just as the boat/monorail is leaving.

Should be at the dock no later than 7:30 - we would actually be there for 7, but we don't like the possibility of just 'squeaking' in! The mornings can be crowded at time with rope droppers. JMO

Last edited:

Did I tell you how much I LOVE my Camping Kids...???

I asked if they would rather spend the time and money on a character breakfast, or rent a golf cart and spend the day driving around the Fort.

It was UNANIMOUS.

Now I have to try and get a 6 person cart for a day but yay to not have to try and get anywhere on time muahahaha.

We always take the boat then the monorail. Not sure it's really short but it's enjoyable for us. Probable would give it at least an hour.

DW and DDIL had a spa day at the Floridian in July and they took a boat to MK then got the boat to Floridian. She said they didn't have to wait to long for either.

Did I tell you how much I LOVE my Camping Kids...???

I asked if they would rather spend the time and money on a character breakfast, or rent a golf cart and spend the day driving around the Fort.

It was UNANIMOUS.

Now I have to try and get a 6 person cart for a day but yay to not have to try and get anywhere on time muahahaha.

Well, you can try for a 6-er but if all the kids will have their butts on the seat (assuming Mom and Dad will too), you could use a 4-person.

Safety first, of course, everyone seated (not in laps or crouched hanging on) but if you can't get a 6-er (and you should try) you might be able to make do.

Bama Ed

DW and DDIL had a spa day at the Floridian in July and they took a boat to MK then got the boat to Floridian. She said they didn't have to wait to long for either.

I like this suggestion too. The boats are so relaxing and the GF dock is very close to the FW dock at the MK.

That's how I would go. ALL ABOARD! :sail:

Bama Ed

We did this last night for dinner at Narcoosees and took the car. It took 10 minutes to get there and park, and about 20 minutes of wandering around to find the restaurant. lol. That resort is huge and we got lost, plus self parking is kind of far from the main building. Park Fare is right inside the main building though so you won't have a tough time finding it! Now that we know our way around we would definitely take the car again, without the time we wasted getting lost the whole process would have taken us 15-20 minutes.

Well, you can try for a 6-er but if all the kids will have their butts on the seat (assuming Mom and Dad will too), you could use a 4-person.

Safety first, of course, everyone seated (not in laps or crouched hanging on) but if you can't get a 6-er (and you should try) you might be able to make do.

Bama Ed

I may do some research to see if we could logically squeeze into a 4-er since we would only need butt room for two adults and the rest are kids from 2-11 :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts