• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Way to Get to Hoop De Doo Revue?

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand

After reading about the HDDR in the Disney 4 Kids by Kids book, my two older DS's really wanted to try it...so it's been added to our growing list of PS. I'm a little confused about how to get there and was told to go early to pick up tickets. Any helpful advice?

If you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary, take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. The boat takes you to the Settlement, where HDDR is located. (If you're at the Poly or Grand Floridian, then take the monorail to the CR and take the boat or go to the MK and take the bus.)

Otherwise, you'll need to hop over to DTD or a Park and take a Fort Wilderness bus. This will take you to the OutPost. Then you'll need to take an internal FW bus to the Settlement.

If you have a car, they have plenty of parking at the OutPost too.

There is a boat from the magic kingdom also.

We just went on 12/1 and had such a great time - we were surprised as to how you actually have to get there. We had a rental car so we drove to fort wilderness, parked the car, then took one of their buses from the parking lot to pioneer hall. You can have your tickets for the show printed up at your hotel, so you really don't have to get there so early. Have fun!

You can take the MK bus from the Boardwalk. There is boat from there to the campground--the dock is very near Pioneer Hall. Have a great time!!

If you are going from the MK,, and want to take the boat,, you need to be sure to take the right boat,, you want the one that goes to the WL, and FW. Don't get off at the WL, just stay on, and continue to the FW dock. Just follow the crowd and you will find the settlement, it's not far way from the dock. If it's raining, you will probably want to take the bus.

After years of resisting going to this show,, my 'jaded' kids loved it. It's a hoot :)

OK, if you are staying on Disney Property you may pick up your Hoop De Doo Tickets at any Guest Services at any Walt Disney World owned resort hotel, or you can arrive an hour early and pick them up at Fort Wilderness' Pioneer Hall. You cannot pick up your tickets at Guest Relations or Will Call... they are not on the same ticket system.

The easiest way to get there is to drive, however you can get a bus to their from any park or DTD. Just hop on the bus going to Fort Wilderness. If you go to a later show and ride the bus, you will have to take a bus going to DTD and transfer to a bus your to your Disney Owned resort there. If you are staying in the Swan or Dolphin, you can do the same. If you are staying at a Good neighbor resort on Hotel Plaza Blvd, you can do the same, but you will have to pick up that bus in the bus loop in front of the McDonald's... this is also where SoG picks up.

Hope this helps!

I would strongly recommend taking your resort bus to MK and then taking the boat to Ft Wilderness. Once you get off the boat, walk straight up the path about 200 yards to Pioneer hall. EEYORE has it right on how to pick up the tickets, but if you have to use the campground bus system to get there it will be busy. Most people who go to the HDD are not staying at Ft Wilderness and they all will be wanting buses at the end of the show.

It's about 20 minutes from MK to FW on the boat. Get there early and sit in the rocking chairs on the porch next door at Crocketts Tavern. If it's hot, get a Davy's lemonade from the tavern and drink it on the porch. It's very relaxing.

Here's another question...we won't be resort guests until later in the week (staying offsite at the time of HDDR). We will be at the GF that morning for the pirate cruise...can we ask the GF to print our HDDR tix for us?

resort can print you Hoop tickets for you.

Have a great time!

:teleport: Kapp :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter