best way to surprise a 7year old

anna_nimity

Earning My Ears
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has surprised their children with a trip to Disney. I can't figure out just how to surprise her. I didn't want to tell her where we are actually going until we enter WDW and see the sign at the gates. HELP!!!

As you enter the gates hand your dd an invitation from MICKEY!

During our last trip I wrapped small gifts with cards and everyday upon return from the parks, my kids got a SURPRISE gift from a character! S

You could make up something else to answer her everytime she asks where you are going (if she's anything like my children- she will definitely ask. LOL) but I don't like the idea of lying to them. So you COULD just be vague about it... like when she asks say "you'll see, it's a surprise"??

OH and btw- I really like the idea of the "gifts" while there also. I have already planned the same- sorta. I may not wrap the gifts (but maybe I should, that's a good idea) but I've already started buying them things for our next trip.

For instance on my last trip we went to a character store at a mall and I got those twirly light up things for each of the child- cheaper than I would at WDW. I also bought them some Disney shirts- and also tons of those pins at the sale at The Disney Store. I also got some of the stuffed characters (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger) at Walmart cheaper than I would have at WDW.

It's all stored away for our next trip and I know they are going to be THRILLED when they get it all.... but I saved an incredible amount of money by buying this stuff now instead of at WDW. :)

Last February we told the girls (6 an 4 at the time), that we were driving to Atlanta,as their Dad had to attend a conference there. We drove all the way to Disney from Upstate NY, they finally realized that where they were, when they saw the Swan/Dolphins hotel, their reaction was great.
We are surprising them again this year, this time we have not said anything, we will just wake them up very early Friday morning, and tell them we are leaving for Disney, I just can't wait....
I have to mention that we generally drive to WDW twice a year..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter