Best Western in Disney Springs closed?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to rebook my trip that is not going to happen next week, and BW often has some of the best rates in DS. In my searches of various dates, I noticed that BW doesn't seem to be showing up on Priceline/Hotwire anymore, not even as a revealed booking. I went to BW's site, and put in possible dates for July, August, and November, but I'm getting a message that there are no rooms available. There is a notice that BW is closed for May due to COVID, but it seems strange that I can't see any availability several months from now. Anyone know what's going on?

Yes, they cancelled my reservation for the end of May and told me they are closed indefinitely. This was at the end of March before Disney said they would be closed until further notice.

This makes me curious whether they’re closed indefinitely due to the pandemic, or whether the Best Western property is being sold/rebranded. Wasn’t there talk of Drury buying one of the DS hotels?

When I asked if it had to do with the virus they told me "they do not have a reopening date at this time" and told me to check the other Best Western Hotels in Orlando. So I am not sure what their plans are. All the other Disney Springs Hotels have been available to book. I am pretty sure Drury bought this hotel and is in the process of building a second tower on the property.

Drury Inn bought the property in 2017 and has been renovating it, keeping some rooms open.

https://www.druryhotels.com/about/p...s-developing-disney-springs-resort-area-hotel
It could be that they closed it to take advantage of the pandemic shutdown to finish the project, or it could mean they halted the project to save money.

Hopefully, they finish the project, as they would be the only hotel on property to offer free breakfast and they have an evening reception with more food and drinks as well.

We shall see....

Thanks everyone! I was booked there for last November, but had to cancel last minute. I rescheduled the trip for May, but now that’s canceled, too. I gotta wonder if I’m ever going to get down there with DD to meet her princesses while she’s young enough for them to be real.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!