Best Western - Lake Buena Vista????

momoftwogirls

Mouseketeer
I am looking for information on the Best Western lake Buena Vista hotel in downtown Disney. I would appreciate comments from anyone that has recently been there - good, bad, etc?
Thanks!

I read Mary's review and that is why I posted. I wanted to know other opinions. We are planning on staying at this hotel for our first night and then are moving to an on-site hotel. I was hoping someone might have something a little more positive to say about the Best Western. Do you think we should re-consider staying here?

I think that it will probably be fine for just one night. Or you might consider what I just did....

We are arriving next Friday, 10/26. We wanted a cheap hotel room for our arrival night before we check-in to our on-site accomodations.

The least expensive hotel I could find for a Friday night stay is the Days Inn Lake Buena Vista for $39.00. Experience tells me Dayys Inns tend to be a little run-down...so I decide to see what Priceline will give me for the same price.

I placed a bid for a 3 star hotel in the Disney Vicinity, and I got Doubletree Guest Suites Maingate. It's a 2-bedroom, 2-story townhouse with 2 full baths and a full kitchen, for $40.00/night. Aprox 3 miles from the main gate doesn't seem bad to me...considering the hotel is MUCH nicer than a Days Inn.

I would be hesitant to book my entire vacation on Priceline (because you can't choose your hotel) but I'm willing to gamble for a one-night stay.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinea...waltdisneyworld.showMessage?topicID=650.topic Check out this link for a list of Orlando Priceline hotels.

I haven't read Mary's review yet, but here's mine:

I stayed there one night last Nov. The room was spacious , clean ,and nicely decorated. Housekeeping brought extra of everything as soon as I asked. We were pretty high up and had a nice view from which we could see the pool and playground. It was well worth the $89.00 we paid and it's so nice to be close to DD-so much going on. We had our own car, so I don't know about the buses (we are only paying $25 for the Marriott in Nov and I would rent a car if I needed one). I'm sure for one night it's a steal at these prices...

Okay! I just read her review and I think it's a bit exaggerated. Remember, however, that a lot of people depend on Mary's opinion of a place , if they've never stayed there. I didn't find the lobby to be ugly, and the pouf is a couch that my son loved crawling around on (it goes under a stairwell , I believe) and it kept him busy while we were checking in. I didn't find the furniture to be cheap looking. Overall, my opinion at the time was that I got what I expected for $89 by DD. I still thought it was very nice. In case you are all wondering, I have stayed at 5 star resorts and cheap ones (like Econolodge-which I will never do again). To put your mind at ease-it did not look like an Econolodge or Motel 6.

Thanks for your opinions Lori and Susy. I was concerned after Mary's review so it is nice to hear that your experience was OK. I didn't think it could be too bad of a place.
I think we'll stick with our reservations there for the first night. $39.00 is a good deal. As long as it is clean and comfortable that is all that matters. Thanks again for your help!

and wanted to change my ressies right away. But we are staying over Thanksgiving week and would never find a hotel close to WDW for the same price. Thanks to all of you who made it sound like a pretty decent place to hang your hat for awhile.

Just wondering if anyone had been there recently. If so, please your opinions. We are staying there next month & are a little concerned about the condition of this property.
Thanks.

We stayed there is Sept. and found it clean, well maintained, and perfectly acceptable...Thought the breakfast was fine. The lobby may be considered cluttered by some, but it is not run down or tacky by any stretch of the imagination. We could stay there a week with no problem....and if you're getting a bargain rate, so much the better. As info, we got in thru Priceline.........good luck;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter