Best Year Ever!! An International Disney Park PTR

EEK look how cute they are!! And it's France colors and they're wearing little berets and I CAN'T HANDLE IT. There's a real good chance I'll be walking away with those, the only downside I see is they're so France-specific that it may be hard to find a way to wear them in other parks. But those Oswald ears are for SURE coming home with me.
Best place to wear France specific ears - Epcot! Especially if you are eating at Chefs de France! Or going for Ratatouille opening!
Yeah, that's right. My company is paying for me to be right next door to Disneyland for a few days. Which means ya girl is going back to the Happiest Place on Earth and only has to pay for her park ticket. The career fair is Nov 7-8. It goes 2-6pm on the 7th and 9:30am-4pm on the 8th which leaves SO MUCH time for Disney, not to mention that it ends on a Friday so I can stay on Saturday & Sunday for two whole days (and I'm pretty sure I can use the 6th as a 'travel day' and squeeze another full day in there too). So that's three full days plus a morning and an evening.
Nice! Unfortunately I will be returning from Asia on the Sunday! So probably not able to come down there! Though Kara is going to be there too, so maybe I'll try to fight jetlag and come to Anaheim for a couple hours?
There is, however, a really cool tour that the conference is offering for backstage at Disneyland. You leave at 5am (UGGHHH) and get to go backstage and watch some of the morning mechanical walkthroughs and talk to engineers, then end with breakfast with the engineers. This is slightly different than the backstage stuff we got to do through the ABD, since we never got to walk out on the ride systems and we didn't get to talk to or have a meal with engineers! I might have to do that, just because it's so fascinating. And I think it's only like $50 which is not horrible. But there's only 32 spots and I'm not an insider so I'm not sure when booking is available. If I miss it it's no biggie but if I can get in on it then I think it would be amazing!
That sounds soo cool! Good luck getting in!

Today is the day! We are getting ready to board our flight to Paris. So now begins my two ish weeks of silence as we go out and get lost in the city of lights!

As always, follow my Disney insta for updates on the Disney parts (dolewhipandwishes) and if you want to see the rest of France, DM me for my personal insta! Otherwise I’ll talk to you all in 18 days!

I can't wait to hear ALLLLLL about the amazingness of your trip!!! I just caught up from being behind 5 pages or so. I'm looking forward to seeing the Disneybounds you decided to go with, and of course what merch you decided to bring home with you!! :)

Safe travels !
Have a great trip!
I hope you're having an amazing time!!
I can't wait to hear ALLLLLL about the amazingness of your trip!!! I just caught up from being behind 5 pages or so. I'm looking forward to seeing the Disneybounds you decided to go with, and of course what merch you decided to bring home with you!! :)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! We landed safely at home last night and I'm typing this from my office at work while I try to get readjusted to being productive and responsible. It was an amazing trip and I can't wait to share DLP and our France highlights with you all!

Here are a few quick snaps of some of my favorite parts of the trip:
IMG-4907.JPG

IMG-4673.JPG

IMG-5591.JPG

IMG-5895.JPG

IMG-5907.JPG

IMG-7146.JPG

IMG-7209.JPG

IMG-7304.JPG

kayak.jpg

More to come!

Hello internet friends and family!

If you thought this was going to be an announcement that I started my France/DLP trip report then you are sadly mistaken.

sad marie.gif

BUT if you thought that this was going to be an announcement about yet another Disney trip then you can be HAPPILY not mistaken! This weekend I convinced Jon to book a Disney cruise!! We were looking at a long weekend-ish tropical escape in February since usually by that point in the winter I am DONE with all things cold. It just so happens that there is a 5 night Western Caribbean itinerary that goes over President's Day (which I have off) with stops at Grand Cayman & Castaway Cay. Jon wanted me to look at some alternatives like an all-inclusive resort somewhere or a different (read: cheaper) cruise but after looking at pricing and discussing logistics we realized that the Disney cruise was the right trip!

darla.gif

And not only is the itinerary amazing (I've had Grand Cayman on my list for a while and who doesn't love Castaway Cay??), it's a Marvel Day at Sea cruise!! I've seen so many great TRs covering MDAS cruises (mostly @chunkymonkey) and I knew I would want to do one eventually. So today I officially booked us!

thor yes.gif

We got a category 6A room, which is a guaranteed verandah. Since it's guaranteed it means that you don't get assigned a stateroom until right before you board, but it also comes at a lower price. We really wanted a verandah but couldn't really justify the price until we came across this option. Our TA even said there's a slim small really slight chance that we could even get ~upgraded~ when they select our stateroom, based on availability.

The 6A verandahs are white walled, which means they have a solid wall looking out to sea instead of glass. It's not ideal but it's a good compromise for the price, IMO. We even got a shipboard credit through our TA which I hope we can use on a spa treatment (does anyone know if we can reserve a spa treatment before boarding then pay with OBC???). This is only our 2nd trip with DCL so while we aren't complete newbies there is still a lot to get the hang of.

All I know is we have reserved 5 nights of Disney magic (HA the cruise is actually on the Magic), Marvel adventure, and ridiculous gluttony in the midst of one of my least favorite months. We are so excited!!

thanos snap.gif
[This just happened to my bank account]

All that said, I need to start a new PTR. Between the cruise and our May DVC trip (and potentially another international Disney trip) I'll definitely have enough material. But that probably won't come for a good while since I'm also currently working on two other TRs right now and I also need to stay updated on all of your adventures (yes this is me placing blame on someone else like a typical irresponsible #millennial). But I couldn't contain myself and just had to share with you all!

And now I'm off to work on said TRs. Hopefully more updates soon!

baby groot wave.gif

That's awesome!! I remember when we did our first Disney Cruise DH asked me to do the same cost analysis which came to the very same conclusion and there was honestly no other option that the Disney Cruise! Will the cruise back up to your WDW trip?

That really sounds like an awesome cruise to do with the stops and the Marvel day at sea!

Also I don’t remember your dates for DL but it looks like they loaded the first week of November for WOC dessert party!

Congrats on booking a Disney cruise! Honestly, I completely understand your logic. When you're dealing with the cold and dreary weather for weeks/months on end, you need something to break you out of that funk! What could be better than sitting on your veranda in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

Will the cruise back up to your WDW trip?
No, our WDW trip is in May. But that's okay, I like the idea of two separate trips a little better since that means two separate breaks from work!

Also I don’t remember your dates for DL but it looks like they loaded the first week of November for WOC dessert party!
Yeah but naturally they only have it loaded through the 7th and I need the 8th or 9th 😜

What could be better than sitting on your veranda in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?
EXACTLY. Hopefully sipping on something fruity and/or eating a Mickey bar.

Congrats on the cruise!!’ Can you convince my husband too?!?!?
Hahaha well I'll write a TR for sure and you can use it as proof that it's worth it!

Oh nice!! I definitely understand doing more than one trip! Especially to get away during those winter months! And they are both nicely spaced out which is nice! Idk why I thought your trip was in Feb lol

I thought it might be a day or two short from what you were looking for! Of course they would stop there lol I would think they would just load the whole month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!