Best Year Ever!! An International Disney Park PTR

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday! Got a few minor updates, but mostly I'm just giddy because there are only 18 days until we leave for our ABD! I changed my letter board in my office to help show my excitement:
thumbnail (1).jpg
[I took the photo a few days ago so pretend it says 18]

For our ABD, I realized I hadn't reserved a rental car yet for our post days. On our pre days we are just going to Lyft since we won't be going very far at any one time. But on our post days we want to go to the beach and I'd like a car for one to be able to store some stuff like a change of clothes, but also since the beaches we want to go to are a little further away and Lyfts will really add up. So I reserved that today! I thought I could use my two free days that I've earned with National but my reservation wasn't long enough. So I went ahead and used my company's rates and paid OTP. Hopefully soon I'll finally get to use those days! (Funny story- the negotiated rates I get through my company are usually cheaper than booking direct, even when I use free days, but there's no way for me to transfer my free days into my company's system and use both).

So now I'm still working on finalizing outfits and getting our plans written out in a note on my phone that I can share with Jon. Usually I make these elaborate JPEGs of each day, but since so much of the trip is pre-planned through ABD, I'm just doing a simple note. Here's what I usually make:
1.14.jpg
I make these up for each day and send them to Jon so he knows what we're doing. I actually really enjoy making them but I'm not feeling them for this trip.

For our France trip, I found out that my dining reservation period opened up! The ADR system at Disneyland Paris is all over the freaking place. For a while the only site that you could make reservations online was the Dutch site, so a lot of people went through that. Otherwise you had to call (and I LOATHE speaking on the phone). So I was brushing up on my Dutch getting ready to make my requests when a kind fellow Diser told me that they recently created English pages for online reservations and that they open up even sooner than the Dutch site! So I got all in a tizzy figuring out our table service dining plans. This is what I was going for:

Day 1: Agrabah Cafe- dinner
Day 2: Remy's- lunch
Day 3: Walt's- dinner

abu eating.gif

I went to book and realized that not only is their reservation system whacked, but so is their actual schedule for restaurants. Walt's is never open for dinner, you can only get a reservation at Agrabah for lunch, and Remy's was booked except for 11:30a and 5pm every day of our trip. So strange. Anyway I did a total rearrange and found something that worked. This is what we ended up with:

Day 1: Chez Remy- early dinner
Day 2: Agrabah Cafe- lunch
Day 3: Walt's- lunch

I have absolutely no idea if those are very strategic times, but it's what they had so I'm sticking with it. Since the parks are close together like at DL it will be easy to hop back and forth so I'm sure it doesn't matter all that much. And now I know we'll get at least three decent meals at DLP! Finding QS on the other hand might be tricky (again with the bonkers restaurant hours)...

ariel shrug.gif

Anyway I hope you all have an excellent evening (or whatever time of day it is for you when you're reading this)!

Reactions: DLo
Yahoo! Can’t believe your DL trip is pretty much here!

I was really worried about the quick service but we had no issues finding open places, and only once was the line kinda long. I think the lack of maybe the place you want to go being open could be an issue, but we didn’t experience that, granted I didn’t plan out quick service cause kids.

So excited to hear how Walt’s is!

There reservation system is so strange and the lack of hours!

So exciting that your ABD is coming up!! I feel like its harder when you are doing something a bit less structured than Disney and the itineraries don't really work lol or at least you don't have to be the one responsible for remembering it all!

I honestly should probably start making those for DH lol he never can remember the plans when I tell him!

Yahoo! Can’t believe your DL trip is pretty much here!

I was really worried about the quick service but we had no issues finding open places, and only once was the line kinda long. I think the lack of maybe the place you want to go being open could be an issue, but we didn’t experience that, granted I didn’t plan out quick service cause kids.

So excited to hear how Walt’s is!

There reservation system is so strange and the lack of hours!
Yeah I just have a list of QS places that sound decent. Since none of them seem phenomenal we should be equally happy at most!

So exciting that your ABD is coming up!! I feel like its harder when you are doing something a bit less structured than Disney and the itineraries don't really work lol or at least you don't have to be the one responsible for remembering it all!

I honestly should probably start making those for DH lol he never can remember the plans when I tell him!
It’s so funny because usually our trips are very structured and DH complains about how every moment is planned. Then when I purposefully don’t plan a day or a short trip, he’s like so what’s the plan? What are we doing next? Why isn’t this figured out?? 😅

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!

Today we hit 9 days on the countdown! And what do you do with 9 days to go? Rearrange all the plans!!
hades.gif

JK, I didn't rearrange all the plans, just a small portion. I realized that I simply MUST visit the brick and mortar for Unique Vintage, which is in Burbank. We'll be right up there for our Warner Bros Studio tour and so I changed our lunch plans to fit in some time. So it looks like we'll spend some time shopping in Burbank (DH is thrilled, let me assure you), then eat some amazing looking hot dogs at Dog Haus (DH is legitimately thrilled for this one) then head to our studio tour (not sure how DH feels about this? But I think he'll like it once he sees it).

Otherwise nothing else has changed or been added. On the thread I started to track how ABD adds SWGE to this trip someone mentioned that they're on the trip right now! They popped in Monday to said the guides couldn't tell them anything about the SWGE plans until they were on the way to Anaheim, but that they hinted they could help with reservations for Savi's and Oga's. That group should be in Disneyland today so hopefully they come and report back when they're done! This is the first feedback we'll get on how ABD does it after the reservation system. I saw on a different thread that VIP tours get to use the FP queue that is set up for Smugglers Run and I'm wondering (read: hoping) if the guides can use that as well.

I've also been trying to get updated on new snacks and stuff available in DL right now. SWGE kind of overshadowed everything else but there are a few things that look amazing, like this new Carnival Cake they released for Toy Story 4:
[Photo by Disney Food Blog]

I'd also like to check out the Imagination Pink snacks (hello Insta) but otherwise there's not a lot of new/limited stuff that looks particularly exciting to me. We'll of course have to get corn dogs and try the new Tropical Hideaway but since so much of the food is planned and since even our free time might turn out to be group time I don't want to make too big of a list of must-eats just in case we don't get to them and I feel disappointed.

But let me tell you I am SO EXCITED that breakfast is included every single day of this trip because I FREAKING LOVE BREAKFAST. Jon doesn't really care for normal breakfast foods so on vacation we usually just do something simple like pack snack bars and have a piece of fruit. Maybe one or two days of a trip we'll go get breakfast, but to save time and money we don't do it every day. So the fact that every single day I can get a nice big, delicious breakfast makes me giddy. Add to that that I think 2, if not 3, of the breakfasts at DL are character meals and you are going to have one happy (bloated, but happy) Ann.

Fashion-wise I'm trying something new: wearing sandals to the parks. I bought a pair of nice walking sandals that I want to try out to see if they can hold up enough for tromping around France so I figure I'd try them at Disney! Since the hotel is within walking distance the worst that can happen is I'll have to go change at some point during the day. NBD. But I'm a hardcore sneaker (or Chaco) wearer so I'm a tad nervous. They're Born sandals, though, and I have Born sneakers that I absolutely adore so I think they should be okay. The big thing is they're soft all around and the sole is soft so it shouldn't rub blisters.

Anyway, today is an incredibly slow day at work so I should probably get back to pretending to be busy.

To all my American friends- have an excellent Independence Day!

american way.gif

Stay safe and have fun. I'll be working on my tan so that I don't show up to California and blind everyone with my paleness.

I went to book and realized that not only is their reservation system whacked, but so is their actual schedule for restaurants. Walt's is never open for dinner, you can only get a reservation at Agrabah for lunch, and Remy's was booked except for 11:30a and 5pm every day of our trip. So strange. Anyway I did a total rearrange and found something that worked. This is what we ended up with:

Day 1: Chez Remy- early dinner
Day 2: Agrabah Cafe- lunch
Day 3: Walt's- lunch

I have absolutely no idea if those are very strategic times, but it's what they had so I'm sticking with it. Since the parks are close together like at DL it will be easy to hop back and forth so I'm sure it doesn't matter all that much. And now I know we'll get at least three decent meals at DLP! Finding QS on the other hand might be tricky (again with the bonkers restaurant hours)...
Yeah, it's a pain working around restaurant hours! Did I send you this link? https://disneykindofday.blogspot.com/2015/04/restaurant-opening-hours-disneyland.html

It's the best resource I could find about the hours and opening dates of the restaurants (TS and QS).
JK, I didn't rearrange all the plans, just a small portion. I realized that I simply MUST visit the brick and mortar for Unique Vintage, which is in Burbank. We'll be right up there for our Warner Bros Studio tour and so I changed our lunch plans to fit in some time. So it looks like we'll spend some time shopping in Burbank (DH is thrilled, let me assure you), then eat some amazing looking hot dogs at Dog Haus (DH is legitimately thrilled for this one) then head to our studio tour (not sure how DH feels about this? But I think he'll like it once he sees it).
If you have time, you can also try to check out "It's a wrap". When studios finish with clothing they sell it to that store for cheaper. The tags normally say what TV show/movie its from. My dad has some ties from Fraser. I think I have some stuff (more accessories because celebrities are so stick thin). My brother has a leather jacket.
Fashion-wise I'm trying something new: wearing sandals to the parks. I bought a pair of nice walking sandals that I want to try out to see if they can hold up enough for tromping around France so I figure I'd try them at Disney! Since the hotel is within walking distance the worst that can happen is I'll have to go change at some point during the day. NBD. But I'm a hardcore sneaker (or Chaco) wearer so I'm a tad nervous. They're Born sandals, though, and I have Born sneakers that I absolutely adore so I think they should be okay. The big thing is they're soft all around and the sole is soft so it shouldn't rub blisters.
I usually wear sandals and then switch into sneakers at some point in the day. Sandals are much more comfortable with the heat!

Yeah, it's a pain working around restaurant hours! Did I send you this link? https://disneykindofday.blogspot.com/2015/04/restaurant-opening-hours-disneyland.html
No I haven’t seen that! I’ll check it out- thanks!

If you have time, you can also try to check out "It's a wrap". When studios finish with clothing they sell it to that store for cheaper. The tags normally say what TV show/movie its from. My dad has some ties from Fraser. I think I have some stuff (more accessories because celebrities are so stick thin). My brother has a leather jacket.
OH EM GEE we have to go!!!

But good note about not expecting to fit into much... seriously they are sooo tiny!

Sandals are much more comfortable with the heat!
True statement! I just haven’t found any that are comfy and cute enough! Hopefully these are the ones 🤞

So exciting!!! I'm still trying to figure out if DH and I have time for the WB tour. Do you know how far in advance that needs to be booked?

I really hope you guys get all the access to DL with your ABD! That will be so cool!

I actually wear sandals/flip flops in the parks all the time and either my feet have died or I have a high tolerance because they never bother me haha so I'm sure you'll be okay! I only wore sneakers on one trip in high school because the chaperone MADE us wear sneakers (even though she knew I'd been to Disney more than her?) and my feet swelled up so bad that the sneakers felt worse to me than flip flops haha Sometimes if I'm unsure of how a sandal will affect my feet I'll throw a tried and true pair of shoes in my drawstring bag so I can just switch them in the park instead of worrying to find time to go back to change them!

Do you know how far in advance that needs to be booked?
I don’t know how soon to books up. Both times I’ve booked have been at least a month in advance because that’s who I am as a person hahaha.
But they have tons of times available so I’m sure if you’re flexible with the time then you can get it on the day you want pretty close.

I actually wear sandals/flip flops in the parks all the time and either my feet have died or I have a high tolerance because they never bother me haha so I'm sure you'll be okay! I only wore sneakers on one trip in high school because the chaperone MADE us wear sneakers (even though she knew I'd been to Disney more than her?) and my feet swelled up so bad that the sneakers felt worse to me than flip flops haha Sometimes if I'm unsure of how a sandal will affect my feet I'll throw a tried and true pair of shoes in my drawstring bag so I can just switch them in the park instead of worrying to find time to go back to change them!
See I’m the opposite! I can’t even wear Converse. My feet die in anything except mega comfy sneakers and Chacos. I think I need a ton of support and nothing can rub anywhere or I immediately get blisters. What wimpy little feet hahaha

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE

Why can’t I post a gif on my computer only on my phone why am I doing wrong!! Ugh anyway here sis NPH dancing!

Otherwise nothing else has changed or been added. On the thread I started to track how ABD adds SWGE to this trip someone mentioned that they're on the trip right now! They popped in Monday to said the guides couldn't tell them anything about the SWGE plans until they were on the way to Anaheim, but that they hinted they could help with reservations for Savi's and Oga's. That group should be in Disneyland today so hopefully they come and report back when they're done! This is the first feedback we'll get on how ABD does it after the reservation system. I saw on a different thread that VIP tours get to use the FP queue that is set up for Smugglers Run and I'm wondering (read: hoping) if the guides can use that as well.

Cant wait to hear about this! I hope it works out and you get to go!

I've also been trying to get updated on new snacks and stuff available in DL right now. SWGE kind of overshadowed everything else but there are a few things that look amazing, like this new Carnival Cake they released for Toy Story 4:

YUM! looks amazing

But let me tell you I am SO EXCITED that breakfast is included every single day of this trip because I FREAKING LOVE BREAKFAST. Jon doesn't really care for normal breakfast foods so on vacation we usually just do something simple like pack snack bars and have a piece of fruit. Maybe one or two days of a trip we'll go get breakfast, but to save time and money we don't do it every day. So the fact that every single day I can get a nice big, delicious breakfast makes me giddy. Add to that that I think 2, if not 3, of the breakfasts at DL are character meals and you are going to have one happy (bloated, but happy) Ann.

I am more of the ehhh person on breakfast but DH loves it... so i cant give you much support here, but sometimes a good buffet for breakfast is nice!

I love sandals in the park.. but sometimes it kills with all the walking, i tend to mix it up, sandals one day then sneakers then next, then sandals in the AM, change after a break to sneakers etc etc

Last edited:
Cant wait to hear about this! I hope it works out and you get to go!
At the very least our last day will be all in DL on our own so we can just go in and do our own thing. I'm just wondering if there will be any extra special ABD magic during our trip!

i tend to mix it up, sandals one day then sneakers then next, then sandals in the AM, change after a break to sneakers etc etc
That's probably what I'll end up doing, depending on if/when we get breaks!

Alright guys I have some truly tragic news.

My plans to meet and become BFFs with Beyonce have been foiled. Interrupted. Utterly destroyed.

Apparently I either read something wrong or was given misinformation because the Lion King premiere is not the Monday of our ABD. It was last night.

sad marie.gif

I was innocently scrolling Insta when I saw a girl I follow post that she was getting ready to go see the Lion King premiere. At first I was like "Oh cool" and then I was like "Oh NO!" I did some furious googling and what do you know, but the premiere was indeed on July 9th and not July 15th as I previously suspected. So Beyonce, if you're reading this, please know that I tried. Now it's up to the fates if we ever meet.

But in happier news, the normal pre-trip stuff is well underway. My suitcase is in the process of packing itself and I've trained the dog to clean the house so all I have to do is relax and get excited to go.

But obviously back in Reality Land, my open suitcase is gaping at me like a hungry toddler waiting to be stuffed with all the necessities and my house is currently covered in said dog's hair. So there's a lot yet to do, but it's slowly getting done. Jon is taking the dog to his parent's house tonight where he'll stay for the whole trip (thank GOODNESS for in-laws who love our dog and are willing to watch him when we travel) so we'll even have a couple nights of a break from the monster and I can focus on giving my precious kitty baby the uninterrupted snuggles she deserves.

The next few nights will be focused on cleaning and packing and then in two short days we are outta here!

PS if anyone has an idea on how to fill the Beyonce-shaped hole in our trip, I'm more than open.

Reactions: DLo
So I just got an update that DLP will now have photopass photographers on Main Street from 1030-230!

Not ideal but it’s something wanted to share!!

Last edited:
So I just got an update that DLP will now have photopass photographers on Main Street from 1030-230!

No ideal bust it’s something wanted to share!!
Oh wow that's going to be so cool! Definitely going to have to get some castle shots while we can!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter