Better reservation system

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
It is really weird that you need to select every date of a cruise to check for availability (app is worse needing to exit out, select type you are looking for, then going back to the day). While you should be able to filter to specific dates it would be nice if there was simply a "check all cruise" option.

YES. I totally agree. Because unless you're experienced, you may not even know that some things are only offered on certain days, etc.

I've been kind of wondering if they know it is such a mad dash at midnight and make it purposely slow so everyone has a chance to get something. It does seem very clunky. Then again, the WDW FP and dining reservation pages work the same way, so maybe that is just the software they have (or maybe that is intentional too).

I wish they would show ALL cabins that are available in a given deck/section and let you select. Or allow you to enter the deck and cabin category you want and show you all of the available options

Another annoyance is that if you have a reservation for Palo as an example you can not try to "change" or "check" for a different time that might work better. I know its unlikely but still would like the option. I have reserved myself to possibly not going at all at this point since I would prefer Brunch or Pirates night.

I too really believe there should be an option to "modify" a reservation for a special activity instead of just a cancel. I plan to email Disney again asking for this option - I have before but it was a few years ago - and I encourage others to do the same if they want to see it happen. It may not make a difference, but doing nothing certainly won't.

Aby

I agree. I don’t write computer code but can’t imagine that it would not be possible to add that to the current system.

Another annoyance is that if you have a reservation for Palo as an example you can not try to "change" or "check" for a different time that might work better. I know its unlikely but still would like the option. I have reserved myself to possibly not going at all at this point since I would prefer Brunch or Pirates night.

You can book one Palo Brunch and one Palo dinner, so even though you have a dinner reservation you can still check for the brunch.

You can book one Palo Brunch and one Palo dinner, so even though you have a dinner reservation you can still check for the brunch.

Correct sorry to clarify I can't check for the Pirates dinner. I suspect that is more likely to open up than brunch. I cancelled my other reservation to just hold out.

Correct sorry to clarify I can't check for the Pirates dinner. I suspect that is more likely to open up than brunch. I cancelled my other reservation to just hold out.
I think you have a decent shot of it opening—and at the very least, even if pirate night doesn’t open there will for sure be availability for at least one night so you won’t be any worse off than the other night you originally booked

It is really weird that you need to select every date of a cruise to check for availability (app is worse needing to exit out, select type you are looking for, then going back to the day). While you should be able to filter to specific dates it would be nice if there was simply a "check all cruise" option.
I'm pretty sure they do it to help load the page quickly. It's a content-heavy page, esp. when someone doesn't filter by much.

They still have the best reservation system I have seen for a cruise line, but I haven't tried all of them. That's a really sad statement on the reality of cruise line websites :sad2: At least we don't have to go through travel agents anymore. When we went on our honeymoon cruise, there was nothing online. Heck, I'm so sold, there was just very little online anyway.

They still have the best reservation system I have seen for a cruise line, but I haven't tried all of them. That's a really sad statement on the reality of cruise line websites :sad2: At least we don't have to go through travel agents anymore. When we went on our honeymoon cruise, there was nothing online. Heck, I'm so sold, there was just very little online anyway.

Same. When we did our honeymoon cruise we didn't pick our excursions ahead of time, can't remember how we booked Palo. For excursions we went to the theater and the CD told us what excursions were available and then we filled out a paper for the ones we wanted. So glad we can now see ahead of time what's available so we can research them! This was when they only had the Magic and Wonder.

At least we don't have to go through travel agents anymore.

I would rather book direct but when Costco is selling the cruises at a discount to what Disney is selling them for.... No way I am paying 10% more to book directly with Disney.

I would rather book direct but when Costco is selling the cruises at a discount to what Disney is selling them for.... No way I am paying 10% more to book directly with Disney.

You used to not even be able to look at anything, ie ships, dining venues, rooms, excursions, online. You could only get them through a book provided only by travel agents. You can look up everything you want now and then have Costco just book that. It's a lot different. You get choose to use who you want now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!