Better to get WDW DAS in Person vs. Video Chat?

c_los75

Earning My Ears
I've been trying to get a DAS via the video chat, but by the time I wake up and get decent here in CA, it's already 1 pm ET. The queue is long. I've tried at 2 or 3 pm PT, but it's too late. I'm unable to be awake and alert when the queue opens at 3 am PT.

Would I have just as much chance of getting a DAS in person? That's what I did when I was a DL AP for 4 yrs. I don't mind waiting in line. I'd think it would be better than doing it at 3 am PT.

I'm not going to put myself through the anxiety of waiting/talking to a person in online chat, and plan to go to guest services at the park (WDW) on my next trip. Just thinking of having to wait, not knowing when it will be my turn, gets me anxious.

Would I have just as much chance of getting a DAS in person? That's what I did when I was a DL AP for 4 yrs. I don't mind waiting in line. I'd think it would be better than doing it at 3 am PT.
You will have a better chance of getting a DAS. While the interview and criteria will be the same, standing in line in person you will absolutely get to talk to a CM.

for you it sounds like a better idea to go in person then do the video chat but like other said you do not get the two advance DAS

for you it sounds like a better idea to go in person then do the video chat but like other said you do not get the two advance DAS
Yeah. If the wait time was less during normal Pacific Time zone waking hours, I would do the video chat. But, who wants to do it at 3am?

It is worth it to me to be able to get the 2 per day advanced DAS. I think that this will be really important for us as we aren't really able to go early every day. If you are the rope drop type it probably isn't as important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter