Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taryn – I’m so sorry to hear about your lousy day. I am very familiar with the stress that debt can put on a person, trust me. The only small piece of advice I can give you is to do *whatever* you can to cut out unnecessary spending (use parental blocks on the sites you tend to shop on impulsively, cut up the credit cards, shop at the dollar store, wear your undies until they have holes in them :laughing:, whatever you can do until you’re on better financial footing). And just have faith that as long as you’re moving forward there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Most people look at it like they need more money, but long term we all just need to spend less. It was a big adjustment for me and DS to go from shopping every weekend on credit to only shopping for necessities, but it becomes habit just like exercise and proper eating. As far as the meds – good luck. It took almost a year for us to find something that worked for DS – it was horrible. (Glad you are feeling more positive this morning :flower3: !)

Congrats to all the losers this week :cheer2: ! And the maintainers, and the rest of us! And of course, thanks to Jen, Shannon, and the coaches.

Lindsay – Great job :thumbsup2!

QOTD Wednesday : Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
I’m way too shy to go up to anyone famous, but I have “been in the presence of” (as Pamela said) : Randy “Macho Man” Savage (wrestler) in the airport, Lisa Leslie (WNBA player) and Michael Lockwood (her boyfriend at the time, now husband) in Vegas, a couple of boxers were in the elevator with us at MGM in Vegas (but I don’t know who they were – don’t follow boxing), a couple of country music artists at a local music festival when I was younger (I can see their faces, but I can’t remember their names – I don’t really listen to country music anymore), and I walked right by Harvey Fierstein on the street in NYC and had to do a double take to make sure it was him (it was – people had stopped him to ask for autographs by the time I looked back!). That’s all I can think of right now…

It’s a rainy day here today, makes me sleepy! I’m going to run this evening, I hope I can catch a break and it’ll only be drizziling instead of pouring like it was this morning. We’ll see how that goes…

Have a great day everyone!

Bree

QOTD: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Well, I'm glad Pamela brought up Jonathan Frakes -- because I also met him! :lmao: He's much more inclined to sign autographs if you've paid for one at a ST convention... ;) Back in the day before I was a mom, I met a few ST actors (I'll let you decide who's most famous) -- Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, James Doohan, and Terry Farrell. I've also met a few abc soap actors -- Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH), Cameron Mathison (Ryan, AMC), Kamar De Los Reyes (Antonio, OLTL), and probably the most famous, a very drunk Josh Duhamel (at that time Leo, AMC).

I've been in the room with President Bill Clinton, but no introduction...and can I just say that even 6 ft away, you could feel the magnetism rolling off of him -- kind of creepy, but also a bit amazing. Of course, this was long ago while he was in office, but before Monicagate. :eek:

I got up at 4:30 and ran 4M this morning -- it felt so good to be back in my normal routine! Today we're taking a co-worker out for lunch. I'm going to try to eat something that won't totally negate my early morning work. :thumbsup2

Very psyched to make the top 10! :woohoo: Congrats to everyone who is sticking it out, the end of August is frankly tough, my friends! ::yes::

Maria :upsidedow

Glad you are back into your routine! As much as I claim to hate the school year with all the crazy schedules and driving and homework woes, I am really craving the ROUTINE right now!

QOTD--Let me start by saying, I am NOT a St. Louis Cardinals fan (go Reds!), but we stayed in a hotel in Hollywood beach where the baseball players stay and I sat in the same lobby drinking a mojito and drooling over Albert Pujols. He was sitting on a sofa near us waiting for someone. Didn't say anything, just drooled, and enjoyed my mojito.:goodvibes My goodness, that's all I'm going to say.:thumbsup2

Lots of "famous people encounters" mentioned here! Really cool! As far as sports stars go... I could walk by most athletes in ANY sport and not have a CLUE who they were..... same goes for most current musicians/singers. Even when I open People magazine at the grocery store these days, I rarely know who most of the folks are!!

Well... less than productive day around here... just having trouble working up the energy to really CLEAN! But I will be under the gun on Thursday to get it done, before my Robotics team arrives on Friday, so I KNOW it will get done then! I did get a few basics done... scrubbed the sink, wiped the appliances, put away some "stray" stuff, vacumming, lunch made. Off to the dentist in one hour. I'll try to be back later tonight!...........P

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 3
(congrats princessbride6205, 50sjayne & Corrinak!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 11 Superstars!!
#10- 0.93% - Worfiedoodles
#9- 1.27% - jenanderson
#8- 1.31% -lisah0711
#7- 1.65% -Dahly
#6- 1.69% - sahbushka
#5- 1.77% - tiki23
#4- 2.09% - carmiedog
#3- 2.25% - my3princes
#2- 2.57% - disneymom2one
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 11 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.91% - pjlla

:cool1::banana::yay: Congrats to all the losers and maintainers this week. Way to go Pamela!!

I am out of the obese category for my BMI:yay:

That is so wonderful Lindsay!! You are making such wonderful progress and you'll be hitting that next goal in no time!!

QOTD:Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

I met Charlie Daniels and he was awesome. I think there were 9 of us that went into the tour bus for the meet. He introduced himself to each of us as we came on the bus and we all sat around and chit chatted with him and a couple members of the band for about 30 minutes or so. As we were leaving, he was able to call each of us by name and was just incredibly genuine. I've met some other singers (DH used to be a DJ, so that was pretty cool), like the Statler Brothers, where they refused to do autographs and seemed like it was a chore just to shake your hand. But Charlie Daniels made us all feel like he was genuinely happy to meet US. It was the coolest thing ever.

There was also an incident where Brooks & Dunn were on the same flight as me from Dallas to Las Vegas - the CMA awards were held at Mandalay Bay that weekend. I didn't know they were on the plane and I didn't even notice them until Kix Brooks grabbed his bag off the carousel, turned and ran smack into me. So, I was just standing there like everyone else waiting for my suitcase. He practically mowed me down and then got ticked off at me like *I* had run into him. No, apology or "excuse me" or anything. What a jerk!

QOTD:

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

TTYL...............P

I have met a bunch of philaelphia eagles players but only because of going to their carnival they had one year where you bought tickets to get their autographs. They did conversate while they were signing which was fun. I would like to count the time Tim Mcgraw waved back to me at his concert as a meet.:lmao: The backstreet boys did a concert at my high school before they became popular in the 90's and I got to say hi and give them hugs. Nothing too exciting.

QOTD Wednesday : Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
I’m way too shy to go up to anyone famous, but I have “been in the presence of” (as Pamela said) : Randy “Macho Man” Savage (wrestler) in the airport, Lisa Leslie (WNBA player) and Michael Lockwood (her boyfriend at the time, now husband) in Vegas, a couple of boxers were in the elevator with us at MGM in Vegas (but I don’t know who they were – don’t follow boxing), a couple of country music artists at a local music festival when I was younger (I can see their faces, but I can’t remember their names – I don’t really listen to country music anymore), and I walked right by Harvey Fierstein on the street in NYC and had to do a double take to make sure it was him (it was – people had stopped him to ask for autographs by the time I looked back!). That’s all I can think of right now…

Ok now macho man randy savage....that is too cool. He was one of my favorites when I watched WWF as a kid.:rotfl2:

Here is today's QOTD:

Does Mickey Mouse count? ;)

The best I can do is that I kissed one of the band members from Europe (the 80's band that did The Final Countdown) when I was in my 20's :love: -- I'd spent part of a day and evening with them as they were doing a concert and I knew the promoter.

I'm trying to get the kid's supplies and clothing for school as well as establishing a work wardrobe for myself. I've got job applications out there so hopefully I'll secure a full time job soon. It will be nice working a normal schedule instead of working evenings. I might even get to see my hubby more than 5 minutes a day. I am totally looking forward to making a decent paycheck and paying down our debts.

pixiedust: on your job search, Deb!

pjlla, sounds like a nice day with your DD.
I had forgotten that Jonathan Frakes is married to Genie Francis.

Maria, I think you're winning the prize here for the most famous people and the biggest variety! :goodvibes

QOTD--Let me start by saying, I am NOT a St. Louis Cardinals fan (go Reds!), but we stayed in a hotel in Hollywood beach where the baseball players stay and I sat in the same lobby drinking a mojito and drooling over Albert Pujols. He was sitting on a sofa near us waiting for someone. Didn't say anything, just drooled, and enjoyed my mojito.:goodvibes My goodness, that's all I'm going to say.:thumbsup2

:lmao:

And just have faith that as long as you’re moving forward there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Most people look at it like they need more money, but long term we all just need to spend less.

::yes:: Isn't that the truth?

There was also an incident where Brooks & Dunn were on the same flight as me from Dallas to Las Vegas - the CMA awards were held at Mandalay Bay that weekend. I didn't know they were on the plane and I didn't even notice them until Kix Brooks grabbed his bag off the carousel, turned and ran smack into me. So, I was just standing there like everyone else waiting for my suitcase. He practically mowed me down and then got ticked off at me like *I* had run into him. No, apology or "excuse me" or anything. What a jerk!

Sounds like Charlie Daniels was much
nicer!

I have met a bunch of philaelphia eagles players but only because of going to their carnival they had one year where you bought tickets to get their autographs. They did conversate while they were signing which was fun. I would like to count the time Tim Mcgraw waved back to me at his concert as a meet.:lmao: The backstreet boys did a concert at my high school before they became popular in the 90's and I got to say hi and give them hugs. Nothing too exciting.

Ok now macho man randy savage....that is too cool. He was one of my favorites when I watched WWF as a kid.:rotfl2:

Didn't you have dinner with some Eagles guys a week or two ago? ;)

Keep the famous people stories coming, folks, it makes for some interesting reading. :surfweb:

Sorry about the frenzy about the end of the challenge. I am glad that it still runs until the 27th.

Famous People.

I have seen a lot of famous people but never talked to one.

My sons' marching band has played on the plaza at Lincoln Center. I got to go both times. One time as the band was playing and I was video taping I saw a soap opera star who was on Guilding Light and was on ALl My Children. Vincent Izz (I can't remember his last name) He was walking on the plaza and paused to listen to the band.

On the last trip we were in the Met Opera House and Issaic Mizrahi walked by. He has designed the costumes for the opera that they were rehersing.

The funniest story was 24 years ago. Dh and I had been married for 7 years before we had kids. I used to love to watch Guiding Light. We only had one tv at the time so when dh came home he would watch it with me. He followed the story line and knew most of the characters.

After ds1 was born we went into the city to the Bronx Zoo. We were walking in the zoo and someone was coming towards us. We passed him. Soon after we passed him dh turns to me and says "Don't we know him?" It was a soap star from the Guiding Light. He has become one of the family.

I am feeling better. Made gazpacho for lunch and going to make quesadeas for dinner. Yoga tonight.

Be back later

Congrats to everyone on the BL list this week. Two more weigh-ins to hit my goal weigh for this challenge...i need to drop 2.5 lbs, and if TOM would leave me alone, I think I can do it! Then on to the next goal!

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. DS and I are doing w1d3 of the c25k tonight after dark when it cools off.

QOTD - the first one that pops to mind is Harry Anderson of Night Court Fame...back in '88....in line for the teacups at the Magic Kingdom! He was very gracious and let my friend and I each get a picture with him. Of course that was in the day before digital cameras, and I didn't realize until after the film was developed that my friend cut off most of his head in the picture with me. So i don't even have proof it was him!

Just have finished work, so off to do some Wii Active exercises.

Have a great night.

Dahly

Didn't you have dinner with some Eagles guys a week or two ago? ;)

Oh yes thats right I did. It seems that all I meet are football players.:laughing: I did think of something else....not a person I met but a good story anyway. A doctor that works in our practice (Michael Consuelos) is the brother of Mark Consuelos actor on a soap opera and his wife is Kelly ripa. So in all I can say I work with him and he was photo'd with them at an island once. The doctor is even better looking than the actor if you were wondering.:rotfl:

I am heading out for a run. The weather seems nice right now. Cloudy and low 80's a little drizzle here and there. I will check back in later.

YAY :banana::banana::banana:

I'm home honey:rotfl:

God knows how far behind I fell. I'm not even gonna try to catch up. But the virus is cleaned out, and I am online once again. Of course I missed another weigh in but we'll have to deal. And the hardest part was getting back online. Was about ready to kill DH. But here we are. please excuse this if its a bit big. It does look that way. Also looks bold. Just re-loaded firefox, and its apparently updated some since I had to split. I'll figure it out soon. I promise:thumbsup2

I don't venture to the Community Board very often -- too scary! But I found this post about how many forum members it takes to change a lightbulb: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37859879&postcount=1
It is so funny and true! :lmao: Makes you appreciate our nice supportive corner of the Dis too! :goodvibes

It was very funny! I agree about the CB... I used to frequent it but it gets too crazy!

Sorry about the frenzy about the end of the challenge. I am glad that it still runs until the 27th.

Famous People.

I have seen a lot of famous people but never talked to one.

My sons' marching band has played on the plaza at Lincoln Center. I got to go both times. One time as the band was playing and I was video taping I saw a soap opera star who was on Guilding Light and was on ALl My Children. Vincent Izz (I can't remember his last name) He was walking on the plaza and paused to listen to the band.

On the last trip we were in the Met Opera House and Issaic Mizrahi walked by. He has designed the costumes for the opera that they were rehersing.

The funniest story was 24 years ago. Dh and I had been married for 7 years before we had kids. I used to love to watch Guiding Light. We only had one tv at the time so when dh came home he would watch it with me. He followed the story line and knew most of the characters.

After ds1 was born we went into the city to the Bronx Zoo. We were walking in the zoo and someone was coming towards us. We passed him. Soon after we passed him dh turns to me and says "Don't we know him?" It was a soap star from the Guiding Light. He has become one of the family.

I am feeling better. Made gazpacho for lunch and going to make quesadeas for dinner. Yoga tonight.

Be back later

Funny about DH watching the soap with you!

Did you make your own gazpacho? Served cold or hot?

Congrats to everyone on the BL list this week. Two more weigh-ins to hit my goal weigh for this challenge...i need to drop 2.5 lbs, and if TOM would leave me alone, I think I can do it! Then on to the next goal!

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. DS and I are doing w1d3 of the c25k tonight after dark when it cools off.

QOTD - the first one that pops to mind is Harry Anderson of Night Court Fame...back in '88....in line for the teacups at the Magic Kingdom! He was very gracious and let my friend and I each get a picture with him. Of course that was in the day before digital cameras, and I didn't realize until after the film was developed that my friend cut off most of his head in the picture with me. So i don't even have proof it was him!

Just have finished work, so off to do some Wii Active exercises.

Have a great night.

Dahly

Careful out there in the dark! Wear WHITE and be sure to carry a flashlight. I have a nice strong, lightweight penlight I use when I have to venture out to run/walk in the dark. Be sure to have your cellphone on you.

Love digital photography! No more chopped heads!

Oh yes thats right I did. It seems that all I meet are football players.:laughing: I did think of something else....not a person I met but a good story anyway. A doctor that works in our practice (Michael Consuelos) is the brother of Mark Consuelos actor on a soap opera and his wife is Kelly ripa. So in all I can say I work with him and he was photo'd with them at an island once. The doctor is even better looking than the actor if you were wondering.:rotfl:

I am heading out for a run. The weather seems nice right now. Cloudy and low 80's a little drizzle here and there. I will check back in later.

Umm.... Mark Consuelos is adorable... I can't imagine that his brother is even cuter!!

Good luck with the run!

God knows how far behind I fell. I'm not even gonna try to catch up. But the virus is cleaned out, and I am online once again. Of course I missed another weigh in but we'll have to deal. And the hardest part was getting back online. Was about ready to kill DH. But here we are. please excuse this if its a bit big. It does look that way. Also looks bold. Just re-loaded firefox, and its apparently updated some since I had to split. I'll figure it out soon. I promise:thumbsup2

Glad to have you back with us! You're post looks just fine to me!

Don't worry about falling behind or catching up... just start fresh here!! We are moving to a new thread this Friday, because this one is almost at the limit of pages. So be looking for the new thread on Friday, Aug. 20.

Well, good evening all! I just enjoyed a delicious healthy easy low-cal dinner and it certainly makes my evening feel great! I started with a small can of V-8... then I had an open-faced tomato sandwich (two big slices of fresh beefsteak tomato on toasted honey wheat Sandwich thin, spread with 1 wedge of original light Laughing Cow cheese), and some Tabatnchick (spelling?) frozen minestrone soup. Not exactly a soup night, but as I mentioned a few days ago, I am trying to empty the freezer. DH is away this evening, so it was kind of a "bit of this and bit of that" night. DS finished the last of the meatloaf in a sandwich and DD had cereal... really easy night!

I did my longest run to date at the Y tonight on the TM. I was heading for 6 mi, but I actually ran out of time, so I did just 5.5 mi. Not exactly a record time (61:30), but at least I finished it non-stop. I got a stitch in my side about mile 4, but I knew I could run through it.

I've really been slacking on my weight training lately... I'll have to get that on the schedule more regularly when school starts up again.

Absolutely NOTHING on TV to watch tonight, so I'm going to scout through our movie collection to see if there is anything that sounds good.

Anyone else watching "The Colony" on the Discovery Channel?

Well... I'm gonna go now! Maybe I'll hop on again before bedtime........P

Back from my run. Did a 5K. fell a few minutes short of my last 5K time. I thought the weather seemed nicer but once I got running I noticed how humid it still is. It also seemed like something was in the air. Almost like a dusty consistency. I kept coughing and getting a tickle in my throat through parts of my run.:confused3 wierd. Anyway it felt good to get out and clear my mind....burning some calories too.

I am off to get the kiddos to bed and do a load of wash. I also have some work to do tonight that I brought home from the office. It just seems like there is not enough time in the day.

Have a good evening.

Oh my....totally craziness here! I have meant to get on and respond about a thousand times over but WDW discounts have gotten in my way! :lmao: Seriously...today I even gave up my run (which was good because I have already run 2 days in a row) to crunch numbers So, here is what I have been up to:

Planning for the Princess 1/2 - Well, Jude (jbm02) and I are running this together and we had planned on vacationing together. We had reservations at Shades of Green but with the free dining...we have spent days crunching numbers and pouring over menus! I am now booked at the Pop with the deluxe dining plan (upgraded the free dining). We can begin to make dining reservations tomorrow so that is terribly exciting!

Planning for next August's trip - I had thought that we would not have to worry about this for a bit but they released free dining for those dates as well. Really, not totally because we had planned on WDW then the cruise but now we will cruise and do WDW after to fit the right dates for free dining. This has meant a bunch more planning.

So, as you can see....I have been totally wrapped up with calling Disney and pouring over estimates and e-mailing back and forth with Jude to work it all out.

I did fit in time yesterday to exercise - pilates and running. Today, I took the day off of all hard core exercising and just took a walk. Tomorrow I am scheduled to run, do pilates and lift again. To help me train for my mud run, I am running 5 days a week, doing pilates 5 days a week, running hills 1 day (at the end of a regular running day), lifting weights 4 days a week, and doing some other workout (a DVD, a walk, hiking, swimming, etc) at least 3 days a week. I have been doing good keeping to my plan but it is making me very tired!

I think it is also making me pretty hungry. I have noticed that I have gained 1 pound but I am not going to worry about it at this point. I am eating a bit more and it is the bad time of the month so I am sure it is not a big deal.

I have been doing really well with the COW this week and am happy that I am getting better with some of the things I let slip earlier in the challenge. I thought I would answer the COW part 2 tonight.

PART TWO
Since we have had a drop in people participating in the COW...I am going to try to inspire you to give it a try again with at least the 2nd part! I recently came across this quote:

Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer.

For part 2 of the COW this week, share with us something that you thought would be impossible to do but is now a reality. It can be about your weight, body size, exercise, something new you do now that you never thought you could do...whatever!

Things that I had thought were impossible...but really they just took me some time:
1. Becoming a lifetime member of WW - I always quit before I reach goal. Can you believe they asked me if I was interested in becoming a leader?!
2. I call myself a runner - oh yeah...I am totally a runner! There are even medals hanging in my bedroom to show what a rock star I am!
3. I wear shorts every day it is warm enough - DH even commented that he could not remember seeing me in shorts since before DD was born (she is now 14).
4. I don't mind being in the photo - I didn't think there would be a time where I would ever want to give up the camera and it was all because I didn't want to be in the photos for fear that all the pictures of me being overweight would ruin the memories for me. I now LOVE having photos taken.
5. There are sizes in my closet that HAVE to be impossible...yet when I put them on....they fit! :cool1: There are all medium and small sizes! I actually just gave away the last of my size large clothing!
6. I set my alarm to get up and exercise...and I get up! Seriously there are days where it is hard but I never thought I would see the day that I would even set the alarm...let alone get up! :rotfl2:

Alright, my list could go on and on! 8 months of this journey with you all has taught me that there is nothing that is impossible. It is just that...a journey. It may take me time but I will do whatever I set my mind to! Just so you all know, I WILL be doing a full marathon next year! This is from the girl who cried running 1 block in January! Bring it all on!

Careful out there in the dark! Wear WHITE and be sure to carry a flashlight. I have a nice strong, lightweight penlight I use when I have to venture out to run/walk in the dark. Be sure to have your cellphone on you.

Love digital photography! No more chopped heads!

Anyone else watching "The Colony" on the Discovery Channel?

Well... I'm gonna go now! Maybe I'll hop on again before bedtime........P

We fortunately have a running/walking trail in our neighborhood..no cars to worry about! i do have my phone, but i hadn't thought of a flashlight, DS won't mind carrying that.

Yes, I watch The Colony......oh my! on the way it ended this week. I don't know how those people are dealing with the stress....I don't think I could ever do anything like that.

PART TWO

Things that I had thought were impossible...but really they just took me some time:
1. Becoming a lifetime member of WW - I always quit before I reach goal. Can you believe they asked me if I was interested in becoming a leader?!
2. I call myself a runner - oh yeah...I am totally a runner! There are even medals hanging in my bedroom to show what a rock star I am!
3. I wear shorts every day it is warm enough - DH even commented that he could not remember seeing me in shorts since before DD was born (she is now 14).
4. I don't mind being in the photo - I didn't think there would be a time where I would ever want to give up the camera and it was all because I didn't want to be in the photos for fear that all the pictures of me being overweight would ruin the memories for me. I now LOVE having photos taken.
5. There are sizes in my closet that HAVE to be impossible...yet when I put them on....they fit! :cool1: There are all medium and small sizes! I actually just gave away the last of my size large clothing!
6. I set my alarm to get up and exercise...and I get up! Seriously there are days where it is hard but I never thought I would see the day that I would even set the alarm...let alone get up! :rotfl2:

Alright, my list could go on and on! 8 months of this journey with you all has taught me that there is nothing that is impossible. It is just that...a journey. It may take me time but I will do whatever I set my mind to! Just so you all know, I WILL be doing a full marathon next year! This is from the girl who cried running 1 block in January! Bring it all on!

Just wanted to say I love your list. Right now I have only one thing....which is I have just started to run, but even two months ago I would have said that it was impossible.

Have a great night everyone!

Home from work! At least tonight the client showed up! The no show from yesterday is coming tomorrow night instead or at least I hope!

No exercise except for giving a massage tonight. I spent all day cleaning my room. I had pancakes for breakfast, TJs Pork Potstickers for lunch and 2 kinds of pizza for supper and I didn't snack all day. I still need to finish cleaning my room tomorrow. I hope to get the 3 mile WATP in tomorrow morning before heading out for what I need to do tomorrow.

DD2 has Kindergarten bus orientation tomorrow morning! She's so excited to finally ride the bus like her big sister! After that we will come home and do some stuff here before returning the 12 things we have from the library at the moment. I have to be back at work by 6 tomorrow night for a client. My noon client had to postpone. But I have another client on Friday morning!

Just scheduled pick up of clothing by Big Brother/Big Sister for next Tuesday. Put together 3 bags just today and will probably have another 2-3 more by Tuesday. It's that end of the summer, prepare for new school clothes, PMS time for me! My house should be immaculate the way I feel this week.

Hoping to head to bed soon. Need to change our sheets as I had the bed covered with stuff today cleaning so it will be kind of crummy and dusty.

QOTD: I don't think I've ever met anyone famous. I have a photo of Andre Agassi from about 20 something years ago at a tennis tournament. DH has met several famous people at SciFi conventions. DD1 met Debby Ryan from Suite Life on Deck several months ago. I've met local news and weather people! Stayed at the same hotel as Stevie Wonder in Quebec when I was in high school but never met anybody!

Pizza made me really thirsty so I'm out of here for the night! Watching the Sox game now with DH! Think I want a small dish of ice cream! It's lite so it's ok!

A doctor that works in our practice (Michael Consuelos) is the brother of Mark Consuelos actor on a soap opera and his wife is Kelly ripa. So in all I can say I work with him and he was photo'd with them at an island once. The doctor is even better looking than the actor if you were wondering.:rotfl:.
Mark Consuelos is absolutely gorgeous, can't imagine working with someone even better looking. Always nice to have somthing good to look at during the work day.

Welcome back!! Glad the computer is better. I hate computer issues.

I did my longest run to date at the Y tonight on the TM. I was heading for 6 mi, but I actually ran out of time, so I did just 5.5 mi. Not exactly a record time (61:30), but at least I finished it non-stop. I got a stitch in my side about mile 4, but I knew I could run through it.
Nice work on the run, Pamela.

It just seems like there is not enough time in the day.
Ain't that the truth. The summer days seem to go by so quickly, but I"m not ready for fall yet. Is your ds getting excited for kindergarten?

Planning for the Princess 1/2 - Well, Jude (jbm02) and I are running this together and we had planned on vacationing together. We had reservations at Shades of Green but with the free dining...we have spent days crunching numbers and pouring over menus! I am now booked at the Pop with the deluxe dining plan (upgraded the free dining). We can begin to make dining reservations tomorrow so that is terribly exciting!

Planning for next August's trip - I had thought that we would not have to worry about this for a bit but they released free dining for those dates as well. Really, not totally because we had planned on WDW then the cruise but now we will cruise and do WDW after to fit the right dates for free dining. This has meant a bunch more planning.

So, as you can see....I have been totally wrapped up with calling Disney and pouring over estimates and e-mailing back and forth with Jude to work it all out.

I did fit in time yesterday to exercise - pilates and running. Today, I took the day off of all hard core exercising and just took a walk. Tomorrow I am scheduled to run, do pilates and lift again. To help me train for my mud run, I am running 5 days a week, doing pilates 5 days a week, running hills 1 day (at the end of a regular running day), lifting weights 4 days a week, and doing some other workout (a DVD, a walk, hiking, swimming, etc) at least 3 days a week. I have been doing good keeping to my plan but it is making me very tired!
[/B]

Did you get free dining for february? I'll have to check into any deals. I was thinking maybe there would be some bounceback when we're there in 2 weeks. Sounds like you got some great deals.
I love your list. You have proven that anything is possible, and are such an inspiration. You should be so proud, Jen.

Today has gotten better and instead of talking about negative stuff I decided to post a positive. I got on the scale today and weighed in at 189.2 :cheer2: So I am out of the obese category for my BMI:yay: This was my second goal to hit for weight loss. My next goal is to hit 177 its what I weighed prior to getting pregnant with my second son.
Whoo hoo!! Congrats on not being obese any longer!!!!

QOTD:

I met George Clooney!!!! When he was filming The Perfect Storm in Gloucester, MA, I took to biking down many days to try and catch a glimpse of him. Some might call it stalking, but what do they know. One day I drove with a friend and we hung around much of the day, had lunch, and in talking to people heard he comes out the the trailers most afternoons and plays basketball. I had to pick up my nephew as school, so I did and made him come back with us to maybe "meet a movie star" even though he never heard of him. We saw him playing b-ball and then we were gawking at the jersey barriers around the trailers, and he came over and chatted with us and gave out autographs. He seemed so real and down to earth. I got some great pictures. It was very cool.
:rotfl:

Remember when I said I was going to post when I felt like bingeing? Well, now I think I'm going to post when I haven't binged. Yes, I am very proud of myself for being able to report to my BL friends that I did not binge at dinner. I ate a reasonable amount and "splurged" on a 2nd helping of salad. :rotfl:

Drank my water, got in my fruits/veggies, and flossed too!

Might check in later.

Have a great night!
Whoo hoo!! way to go CC!!!!

I am scatterbrained, too, and I am infamous for saying the wrong word b/c my mind is on something other than what I am saying! Is your vacation in 4 days your suprise WDW trip? CAn't wait to hear how you are going to reveal!
I definitely think the scatterbraindom is motherhood related, too much to keep track of. Our vaca starts friday, but the first week is split in 2 short trips to Maine, and then the following monday is WDW!! I'm written up a scavenger hunt for him when he wakes up to tell him. The first clue will be on the tv and it will send him in to wake me up. Then to brush his teeth, feed the guinea pig, and a few other things to the final clue will be a present with a new donald duck hat and wdw t-shirt in his closet. I can't wait. We've been watching the travel channel and talking a lot of disney lately, but we talk about the february trip, so he will be so excited when it's sooner. Though he's all brave and saying he's going to do space mountain and rock and roller coaster, but I don't know if he really will so soon. :rotfl:
I think you could tell I am getting stressed about money. I have racked up a lot of credit card debt over the last 3 years, and it's starting to get me down. I am such an impulsive internet shopper. I've been a lot better, but it still hurts my gut. Some opportunities I had for extra workdays didn't pan out, and my start to pay off plan went down hill.

Then, DH calls me at work this am, which he never does. He picked up Ak's ADHD meds this am. We have a reverse deductible, they pay the first 1K, we pay the next, then 80/20. Well, we hit the 1K this month. We increased her dosage by 10 mg, and it went up $150! It was $250! We have NOT budgeted 1K for her meds for the rest of the year, and we'd be in the hole by April of next year. I have to call the dr. to see if there is a cheaper med. I hate to do it, b/c this is working so well, but we just can't afford that extra. Especially with Sophie starting preschool this year.

I came straight home and put some of Sophie's old diapers up on diaper swappers, thinking about a labor day yard sale, trying to decide if I could EBAY stuff..... Anything to earn a bit to pay these down.

Sorry to unload, but I ended up crying at work all day worrying over money. My food for the day? Fiber bar for breakfast. Spinach, string cheese, and a peach for lunch. Watermelon for dinner. Just don't want to eat. Guilt and stress feels like a brick in my belly, on top of TOM!

Tomorrow am will be my first 40 minute am drive to take Sophie to MIL and FIL. Hoping to get an early start. Not even going to try to run in the am. Maybe Thurs. After school, faculty meeting, then gymnastics. Trying to figure out what I can pack for the 3 of us to eat for dinner in the car at 5 am that will keep until the evening. We're out of sandwich bread.... Not sure if I'll make it on here tomorrow or not.

I hate stress. Sorry to bring things down and get really OT.
NIght!
Taryn
:hug: Sorry about all the stress and money worries. It is tough, and I've been there too. Glad you're feeling better about is and making some plans to help you deal. Hang in there.

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 11 Superstars!!
#10- 0.93% - Worfiedoodles
#9- 1.27% - jenanderson
#8- 1.31% -lisah0711
#7- 1.65% -Dahly
#6- 1.69% - sahbushka
#5- 1.77% - tiki23
#4- 2.09% - carmiedog
#3- 2.25% - my3princes
#2- 2.57% - disneymom2one
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 11 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.91% - pjlla
Whoo hoo!!!!:cool1: Congrats to all the top losers, and all of us still here and sticking to it through the hot summer. We are all winners!!

And an extra :banana::dance3::banana: congrats to coach Pamela for being the biggest loser!!! Whoo hoo!!

Lisa- I thought I had quoted you, you little hussy, kissing the rock star!! ;)

Fun question today Pjlla. I've enjoyed reading about everyone's famous greetings.

We had a bbq and then went to the concert at the library which was very fun. I did eat and drink a little too much, and just ate some cookies when I got back. Why? Not hungry, not bored, not stressed, just impulsive and they looked good. Not really 6 points a piece good, but I didn't look at the label first. I will bring the rest to work in the am. Actually I'm going to put them in the car right now so I won't touch them again. Tomorrow is another short day for me, so I'll be able to run alone before I pick up michael from camp. Then we'll get everything ready for camping this weekend.

Have a nice evening.

Hi Everyone,

Today was another binge-free day. I did eat more than I would have liked, but no bingeing! :thumbsup2

I wish I had time to respond to all of you, but I'm already up later than usual. It's really important to me and necessary for me to keep my sleep/wake cycle in check.

Thanks for all the support and compliments! :)

Have a great day tomorrow everyone! :goodvibes

CC

Forgive me, just don't have replies in me right now. Maybe I can get to it tomorrow. Thanks for the hugs, I've loved reading your famous people stories! Hello to everyone!

Lindsay - I CANNOT BELIEVE you work w/ Mark Consuelos brother. He is so hot!

Jen - you are working out like MAD! Girl, I'd be scared to meet you on the street! Your list is definitely something to be proud of! And cool deal on the WDW planning. So much fun. I've got to book our trip for next year THIS WEEKEND.

Kathy - George Clooney. :cloud9: Your reveal sounds like so much fun! Are you leaving from Maine?

My famous encounters? AK met Tara Humphries, John Rothlisberger, and John Macready, all former Olympic gymnasts. I took the pictures, does that count? Frank Beamer, HEAD COACH OF VT HOKIES!!! and the asst. coach, Bud Foster. Doesn't mean much to non-hokies, I know. :laughing: A former miss america, don't remember which one. Fridge Perry when I was at a 4-H convention in Chicago at age 15, he was in the elevator with me. Michael Vick, not overly proud of that one. Babysat Dale Jarrett, Nascar driver's kids, when he used to drive for Wood Brother's Racing. They are from my hometown, I babysat their kids, and babysat Dale's during the Martinsville race. Met him that morning before the race. One of my high school friends used to pitch for the Atlanta Braves - Brad Clontz. AK sat in Regis' chair at the Yachtsman, does that count, too? THere is someone I am forgetting...

Rough day. Just long. Had a prety bad headache just before lunch, sat in my room during lunch with the lights off and it went away. Was seeing weird spots. School nurse took my BP, it was fine, she said sounded like I might have low blood sugar, which could have made sense since I didn't eat dinner, and only about half of kashi bar for breakfast. Ate a hershey's kiss, and a big lunch. Spinach, yogurt, peach, string cheese. That and the dark helped. Pretty hungry tonight, munched for dinner - carrot sticks, a few slices of turkey, a couple of peanut butter crackers, handful of chex mix. nothing filling or exciting.

Night!:hug:
Taryn

EVERYONE - PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

Would anyone be interested in participating in a new OPTIONAL measuring component beginning with the Fall challenge??

I know that I am not the only one out there who tends to shy away from strength training because, even though I know I would burn more calories and I know my body would feel better and look better, I just hate the idea of the numbers on the scale not going down as quickly as I want. So, since this challenge has inspired me so much to get my weight moving in the right direction again, I began thinking about how I might use this forum to get my head straight about actual fitness, rather than just weight.

If we began tracking body measurements, in addition to weight, is this something that you would like to participate in? Percent of weight loss would still be the only factor in determining "Biggest Loser" status for our weekly and overall winners. Body measurements would be optional and recognition for biggest INCH losers would be handled much like the COW. My thought is that we would each measure at pre-determined parts of the body and add them up to a total measurement. You would then PM the total measurement to me and I would track and report back to you those with the biggest inch losses.

The variables that we need to discuss include:

1) Which measurements? Common body measurements are discussed in this article: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1281. Would we want to include all of these or just a few key measurements?

2) How frequently would we want to do this? Is weekly too frequent to see differences worth noting? With a 15-week challenge coming up, measuring every 3 weeks would divide out evenly - would that be more motivating?

3) Wresting with a measuring tape takes more time that stepping on the scale, so I'm guessing we'd probably want to do this over the weekend and PM results during the weekend or on Monday.

4) Is there enough interest to pursue this?

I think this is something that we can do together that will help support us all thru the weight-loss slow-downs. The scale measures the weight of our fat, muscles, bones, skin, internal organs, hair, toenails and, dare I say, the contents of our stomachs, bladders and colons. (Ewww!) The measuring tape, when used in conjunction with the scale will help us gain better perspective of the true changes in our body composition.

I have PM'd our hostesses about this over the past few days and I am presenting it to you with their consent. Please comment and let us know what you think.

EVERYONE - PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

Would anyone be interested in participating in a new OPTIONAL measuring component beginning with the Fall challenge??

I know that I am not the only one out there who tends to shy away from strength training because, even though I know I would burn more calories and I know my body would feel better and look better, I just hate the idea of the numbers on the scale not going down as quickly as I want. So, since this challenge has inspired me so much to get my weight moving in the right direction again, I began thinking about how I might use this forum to get my head straight about actual fitness, rather than just weight.

If we began tracking body measurements, in addtion to weight, is this something that you would like to participate in? Percent of weight loss would still be the only factor in determining "Biggest Loser" status for our weekly and overall winners. Body measurements would be optional and recognition for biggest INCH losers would be handled much like the COW. My thought is that we would each measure at pre-determined parts of the body and add them up to a total measurement. You would then PM the total measurement to me and I would track and report back to you those with the biggest inch losses.

The variables that we need to discuss include:

1) Which measurements? Common body measurements are discussed in this article: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1281. Would we want to include all of these or just a few key measurements?

2) How frequently would we want to do this? Is weekly too frequent to see differences worth noting? With a 15-week challenge coming up, measuring every 3 weeks would divide out evenly - would that be more motivating?

3) Wresting with a measuring tape takes more time that stepping on the scale, so I'm guessing we'd probably want to do this over the weekend and PM results during the weekend or on Monday.

4) Is there enough interest to persue this?

I think this is something that we can do together that will help support us all thru the weight-loss slow-downs. The scale measures the weight of our fat, muscles, bones, skin, internal organs, hair, toenails and, dare I say, the contents of our stomachs, bladders and colons. (Ewww!) The measuring tape, when used in conjunction with the scale will help us gain better perspective of the true changes in our body composition.

I have PM'd our hostesses about this over the past few days and I am presenting it to you with their consent. Please comment and let us know what you think.

I think this is a fabulous idea. Maybe it would motivate me to exercise. I've noticed my body changing and not for the good over the last year. I know that I need exercise, but I lack motivation. Maybe this is the motivation that I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter