Beware of Hitchhiking Peacocks!!

I give up!!
I copy and pasted the address and used the icon above to post a link...:sad2:

Neat story. Can't say I remember seeing any of them while we lived in PA. Well except at the zoos.
Loretta

I instictively read your thread title in the "Beware of hitchiking ghosts" voice totally without thinking about it! Oh I've been brainwashed! :lmao:

Driver Discovers Rare Bird

Posted: July 24, 2008 05:49 AM EDT

Last Updated: July 24, 2008 12:53 PM EDT

Driver Discovers Rare Bird - Video

here ya go

I clicked and pasted it for you

By Jennifer Borrasso

A peacock discovered along a road in Lackawanna County is joining others of his kind. He's going to a farm where other peacocks live.

Jerry Dimick of Taylor couldn't believe his eyes Wednesday when he spotted the beautiful bird just standing along Route 307 near Clarks Summit.

He said as cars zipped by, nobody stopped but he did.

"I'm shocked. I've never seen a bird like that before in my life," said Dimick.

At Dimick's home in Taylor, there was a proud peacock in the pick-up and everybody wanted to take a peek.

Dimick said he and his friend were driving home on Route 307 in Newton Township when they spotted the beautiful peacock standing on the side of the road. Jerry had a bird's eye view.

"I was afraid someone had hit it already. The way it was standing it looked like it was sick. It was scared. It was real scared."

Not knowing what to do, Dimick decided to wing it.

"All I did was went 'smooch, smooch, smooch, smooch' and the bird came over to me and I reached out and grabbed him," Dimock said.

With no room in the back of his pick-up truck, Jerry planted the peacock in the front seat.

"The bird was sitting in between the two of us. He sat there," Dimock added.

He said he's determined to find the bird a safe place to live. He said he's called the game commission, animal control, SPCA, even the local zoo, but hasn't gotten anywhere.

"I will find a place for the bird. If I have to keep it in my truck, I'll keep him in my truck. I'll ride around with him as long as I got water and food in there. I'm not going to worry about nothing. The bird will be alright," vowed Dimick.

His family and friends are curious about their feathered friend. Dimick's granddaughter is not wild about the idea of picking up stray birds.

"I would never pick up a bird like that," said Heather Marchesani of Taylor. But she said she is not surprised. "My grandfather is that type of person."

Dimick said he'll do whatever it takes to give the bird a sanctuary, because birds of a feather flock together.

"I love all animals, all animals, even skunks, anything."

"I love all animals, all animals, even skunks, anything."
i-like-turtles.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter