Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I'm watching for the Star Wars previews like a hawk right along with you. Selfishly I hope it comes out next week since we are on vacation and I am up my stalking factor. I can't have my phone at work and spend most of my days in meetings away from a computer, but after Wednesday I am on some much needed vacation.

So jealous of your deluxe stays in August. I so wanted to do it, but we're trying to save up for a possible Disneyland/Hawaii trip for next year so its the moderate life for us.

And thanks for the lyft tip. We usually take uber but I'm all for 50% off if we can get it.

As far as food goes, I don't remember but have your tried Nomads. Its a great place in AK to grab a drink (they make everything in non-alcoholic version for Andi too) and have some appetizers while you soak in the AC. Jaleo may be another fun place to check out. We have one here in DC and absolutely love it. I'd think tapas would totally be your and Andi's style
Well you can now stalk away since your vacation is starting! Enjoy and relax from the pressures of work! My work has been so busy and we keep growing and always need more nurses!

Nomad lounge is on our radar this trip! Jaleo is as well, the small plates and vegetarian choices here really sound good!

I hope we can say hi again, it looks like we will on Splash that will be nice!!

Nice! Free is the best!
Yes! We usually get one free plane ride a year!
I have been impressed with Lyft and you can’t beat the price!
Me too. Should be up and running in time for SWGE. It looked almost ready to go in May.
I know some people said no way to riding in the Gondolas but I want to give it a try for sure!
It's definitely chaotic. And the food is also definitely "meh", although my DD loved it.
Go in not expecting much and you may be pleased.
I remember really liking our flatbread pizza and the focaccia bread! I think it will be just fine, if we don’t cancel it, lol, we tend to cancel and change many things once we are there!
Hmmm...
DHS - 50s Prime Time.
MK - Starting to like Plaza more and more.
Epcot... Oh, Lord. Too much to choose from.
AK... no real fave for sit down dinner. Heard Tiffins is good, though.
I like The Plaza, Andi not so much, kids these days!
I think the Nomad lounge at AK is on our list now and the Baseline Tap house has a really good cheese plate, may try that! Andi is not a fan of 50’s. I like it, I’m pretty easy to please. Give me a nice cold drink and cold place to sit for awhile and I am happy, haha!

Since you're going to Universal--have you ever tried the BreadBox in CityWalk? My daughter and her friend, both 16 last summer when we traveled, LOVED it. They said the tater tots were the best. We also loved the sandwiches and they had cute porch swing seats instead of traditional booth seating inside. Here's a pic of the girls sitting in porch swing . . .
View attachment 413191
Thank you! I have heard good things about the Bread box, I will add it to our list of choices! The swing seats are really cool!

For the epic girls trip, I was only able to manage a few hours on a couple different days and that stunk...many of the girls I'd been wanting to meet and get to know a little better, just simply didn't have enough time. :sad:
It was nice to see you even if it was brief!! How nice for you now to live so close to WDW!

I hope you are able to ride the gondolas when you are there! Sounds like they are really making progress with them!!

I love the breakfast at Cape May Cafe! Can't recall if you have done that one already!
I hope the Gondolas are up and running!
Cape May is another good choice, so many!

Hope they announce the previews soon, maybe tomorrow? seems like they always announce big things on Tuesdays?

I can't remember if you have Skipper's Canteen on your list, but I really enjoyed our meal there.
Well here we are Tuesday has come and gone and no previews, I am thinking it won’t be until next week now with the holiday, who knows!!
We did try Skippers and liked it except Andi had some type of allergic reaction and it was scary since she is so allergic to peanuts, it makes me nervous to go back!

Yes! We usually get one free plane ride a year!
Nice!
Fly away free!!
I have been impressed with Lyft and you can’t beat the price!
::yes::
I know some people said no way to riding in the Gondolas but I want to give it a try for sure!
Why ever not?
I remember really liking our flatbread pizza and the focaccia bread! I think it will be just fine, if we don’t cancel it, lol, we tend to cancel and change many things once we are there!
:laughing:
I like The Plaza, Andi not so much, kids these days!
I think the Nomad lounge at AK is on our list now and the Baseline Tap house has a really good cheese plate, may try that! Andi is not a fan of 50’s. I like it, I’m pretty easy to please. Give me a nice cold drink and cold place to sit for awhile and I am happy, haha!
Cold drink and AC... who needs food?!?!?

Hmmm, you hit a lot of my favorites. What about Homecomin' I would say D'Luxe Burger but sharing a burger with Andi could be problematic
Traveling with a fussy young adult makes it difficult! I love both of those, however not sure of the vegetarian choices!
Ugh, when are they going to release the sign ups!?!?! They are killing me! At this point I just want to know!!!
I agree, this is stressful to say the least!!
Let me know your dates. If possible, I'll like to see y'all again. I know you liked it...does Andi like cheesecake?
I loved the cheesecake, Andi is not a big fan, shouldn’t surprise you she is very picky!
Free is good!
It sure is!
didn't realize they took hamsters as gondoliers. And GIANT hamsters. Maybe there's hope for me if I need extra income.
:rotfl::hyper:
YC is one of the few DVC resorts I haven't stayed at yet.
It will be Andi’s first stay here!
Dang, you got 2 of the 4. Poly and Aluani are the other 2.
GF is so nice!
Sorry for my PM, but you scared me with this...I thought you already got the notification of the previews being open.
That’s okay, I wish I would have secured one!!

The CG brunch is amazing, we did eat at Tiffins once and Biergarten once, I liked both, Andi not so much! Kids these days, right?
I know, right?
When we went Feb 2018 (I think when we met), PR barely ate anything and definitely wasn't good value for buffets.

I agree! Wow it is hot there right now, AC breaks are a must!
It was 85 in Duluth today, people here think that is extremely hot:lmao:::yes::
It was 85 here yesterday (or the day before). I didn't even blink. :laughing:

newly refurbished rooms,

Yesss. The Yacht Club rooms are gorgeous.

Cons: Buses can be slow, pool is not as nice as YC, for us it doesn’t matter, we don’t usually swim or use the pool area. Andi has a pool phobia even at Disney! I seriously can’t think of anything else!

I was wondering what you could list as a con at GF! Shared buses for sure. Other than that it's all amazing! Not that I've stayed there.

If anyone is still reading along, give me some examples of your favorite places if not on my list above!

Hmmm, let me think. I've always really enjoyed Mama Melrose, especially with the Fantasmic plan. Really enjoy Boma, though it's sorta similar in flavors to Sanaa, so maybe not the best on the same trip.

As you (or someone) mentioned the other day...
Now you can say NEXT MONTH!
Yes! And pretty soon one month :thumbsup2

I presume you already have, but I looked up natural remedies vertigo and found several.
You know what? I haven't been as mindful about natural remedies as I probably should have been. :sad2: Good idea :thumbsup2

As I've told several folks who live in areas with snow...I'll visit you in the SUMMER!
Deal!

We can say it now, yay!!:lovestruc
YAY! We sure can! :hyper:

Fingers crossed and positive thoughts being sent your way!!
Thank you so much, Caroline :goodvibes

Lyft really is so nice, we have had very nice drivers and it is so simple to use!
I'm excited to give it a whirl!

My sentiments exactly!!
:laughing:

I have the day off of work and have been up since 6am, my chores are done and my walk is done! It is time to dream about Disney and keep working on my plans!

The best way to spend a day!! :)

FoP, um, um, um, hate the preshow!

Um, really? ;)

The DestiNations tour at Epcot, starts at 8:15, this is a 3 hour tour. Does anyone remember Gilligans Island, that was a 3 hour tour!

I loved that show!!! I'd watch it almost every day after school.

I am patiently waiting for the SWGE previews to drop, nothing yet!! I thought I would review our logistics for the August trip.

I wish they'd hurry up!! I'm on pins and needles too as a LOT of our plans hinge on how they work this.

I really want to try the Gondolas at least once. I thought the morning we are in Epcot and will head to HS, we could try the Gondola, if it is up and running.

We'll be using them a LOT since we're staying at CBR. I can't wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter