Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

So fun! We were at MK this day too! It was my husband's and kid's first day EVER at WDW ...so we braved it! Made it until 3pm ...soaked to the bone, but did SO much. Definitely had to rearrange some of our trip after this to make sure we could catch HEA later in the week ...but seeing MK in a torrential downpour with very few people was something else!

Glad Andi had fun! Such fun photos :rotfl2:
It sure was a raining day! It is a nice way to clear the crowds!
Thanks for reading along!!

Love Kevin!
She is so cute, bobbing around the park!

That's the same meal I had in August and I really enjoyed it!
Andi has had this 2x now and it is good!

I met with Launchpad too.....such a fun meet!
I convinced Andi, she thought he was creepy at first!:rotfl:

The Macaws are beautiful!
I agree and I like that they showcase them more now than just the park opening!

NRJ is so mellow.
It is, I do enjoy it

Great to know about CSR!
It is a good choice for location!

Looks like a great HS/AK morning. You were able to get into HS, hit your priorities, and get out so quickly! I wish we were at a point to use Lyft, but we're still a 3 car seat family.

Hello Everyone,
We actually hit 60 degrees today yay! It is about time!

Let’s keep going with this TR shall we!

It was time for our evening at Disney Springs aka Downtown Disney to most of us!

Look how cute the mousekeeping made up our beds today. We had great service this week, always before we came back in the afternoon and we had a towel Mickey and a few other towel surprises.
IMG_Apr162019at71536PM.jpg
We took the bus to DS, this worked well and we did not wait very long.
Our first stop was UNIQLO, we bought a few T-shirts and Andi bought a couple more pairs of the linen shorts. These will be perfect for August weather!
IMG_Apr162019at71637PM.jpg
We headed to T-Rex and flashed the Landry card and waited about 5 minutes. The regular wait was 90 minutes. Oh my this place is loud, chaotic, and so busy!
IMG_Apr162019at71702PM.jpg
I snapped a few pictures in here, my son would have been in awe of this place, when he was a little boy! He absolutely loved Dinosaurs. He had so many Dinosaur figurines and would play with them all the time. He also could say all the names, such a smart little guy:idea: I sent him a few pictures and his one word answer “cool” that’s my Jack, man of few words8-)
IMG_Apr162019at71750PM.jpg
IMG_Apr162019at72746PM.jpg
We were seated at a two top in a corner, it was fine. Our waitress was pretty busy and she didn’t spend much time with us. This was fine.

We started with mozzarella sticks, these were standard nothing special. These did taste good and were nice and hot.
IMG_Apr162019at72033PM.jpg
I ordered the Paleozoic Chicken Sandwich, this was a grilled chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and lemon aioli, I substituted veggies for the fries. This was meh, it lacked flavor and the bread was dry. The roasted veggies were okay.
IMG_Apr162019at72110PM.jpg
Andi had the Herbivore burger, black bean burger, with French fries. This was disappointing, very dry, it just crumbled apart. It really lacked flavor. The fries were okay.
IMG_Apr162019at72150PM.jpg
I was really wishing we were at Raglan Road about this time. I certainly could have ordered something else. There were a million things on this ginormous menu! One plus, It did make me reminisce about my Sweet son!

We left unimpressed and wanting some ice cream. We went to check out Ghiradelli’s except this place was mobbed. There was no way I was standing in that line! Instead we made our usual stops at WoD, Christmas store, Basin, and Goofy’s candy shop. Andi picked out a caramel apple. I just couldn’t decide so didn’t get anything.
IMG_Apr162019at72253PM.jpg
DS was very busy this evening. I always find it interesting how the walkways and food establishments are swarming and the specialty shops are all so dead. We browsed a few shops on our way to the bus stop.

We did get on a bus fairly quickly and back to the resort in good time! I decided to get a little cake in the patisserie for my night cap. This little cake was so delicious. It was so light with a fresh strawberry flavor. It wasn’t dry at all, perfect consistency. See how I worded this to avoid the word “moist” :rotfl:It really didn’t need the chocolate on it, it detracted from the light strawberry taste.
IMG_Apr162019at72223PM.jpg
We enjoyed our sweets some before heading to bed! We had a nice day. Our strategy for this busy crowded trip was to do our FP+ and just enjoy the atmosphere. We were not up to waiting in 100+ minute lines.

Stay tuned for more Epcot adventures after a rainy morning!

Looks like a great HS/AK morning. You were able to get into HS, hit your priorities, and get out so quickly! I wish we were at a point to use Lyft, but we're still a 3 car seat family.
We did have a good day, not to hectic for us despite the crowds! Lyft was awesome for us this trip.

I wish we had 60s! It got up to 90 today according to my car on the way home at 5:30.

Mmm, Raglan Road would have been an improvement! At least the mozzarella sticks were as they were expected to be!

Glad your cake was good and you did well on your shopping adventures!

Look how cute the mousekeeping made up our beds today. We had great service this week, always before we came back in the afternoon and we had a towel Mickey and a few other towel surprises.
Love this! And you actually have a cover on your bed! Did you bring blankets from home?

I snapped a few pictures in here, my son would have been in awe of this place, when he was a little boy! He absolutely loved Dinosaurs. He had so many Dinosaur figurines and would play with them all the time. He also could say all the names, such a smart little guy:idea: I sent him a few pictures and his one word answer “cool” that’s my Jack, man of few words8-)
Haha , typical young adult male response! That's what I get from my three too!

I was really wishing we were at Raglan Road about this time. I certainly could have ordered something else. There were a million things on this ginormous menu! One plus, It did make me reminisce about my Sweet son!
Too bad about your meals, I had a feeling that's how it would end up!

We did get on a bus fairly quickly and back to the resort in good time! I decided to get a little cake in the patisserie for my night cap. This little cake was so delicious. It was so light with a fresh strawberry flavor.
Your cake looks fantastic!

We enjoyed our sweets some before heading to bed! We had a nice day. Our strategy for this busy crowded trip was to do our FP+ and just enjoy the atmosphere. We were not up to waiting in 100+ minute lines.
I used the same strategy during my trip....it really is the only way to manage the spring break crowds.

I sent him a few pictures and his one word answer “cool” that’s my Jack, man of few words8-)
:laughing:

Our strategy for this busy crowded trip was to do our FP+ and just enjoy the atmosphere. We were not up to waiting in 100+ minute lines.
This is a great attitude to have, and one I should adopt! :thumbsup2:laughing: I try to go during times when the crowds are lighter, but that's not always possible, plus I'm afraid SWL might have other things in mind... :rolleyes1

There is a T-Rex in Kansas City (which is about 3 to 3.5 hours north of us), and the whole reason we went is b/c my boys were the same!! Sooo into dinosaurs. We went twice when they were younger, which made me glad we could skip it at WDW :rotfl: One time the food was terrible, one time the food was good, so I feel like we got our full experience there!!

I actually laughed out loud at your son's "cool" reply...If I took a screenshot of any of my text conversations with L (the 13 year old), it would be identical.

It's almost exclusively "Ok", "cool", "thanks", "I will" on repeat!

I'm sorry your T-REX meal was so disappointing! I'm sure it didn't help when you knew what you were missing out on at Raglan Road for less than tasty food.

We did the same thing with the landrys card on our trip, its definitely super handy when you don't want to wait!

Your nightcap treat looked delish!

I think your plan of fastpasses and atmosphere is the best way to do Disney at busy times! Thats how DH and I handled our December trip and it made it so much better!

Sorry the meal wasn't up to scratch.....but that cake looks so pretty...….

Glad you enjoyed that......and you had the right idea avoiding the crowds too......makes for a more relaxing trip doing things like that.....

Caroline sorry just getting around to finding this TR 32 pages in. :earseek:Can't wait to see how it work out with the bad back and knee.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter