Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I found Epcot to be the worst too for security!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Cape May! The warm towels at the end are a nice touch.

I wish I could have found that Tinkerbell PP shot- so cool!

Another follow from Minnesota...Love your trip report(s) and agree with you about the weather. I live just south of the Twin Cities and between the cold and snow I am ready for winter to be over and I usually LOVE everything winter and snow.

Hope you are staying warm.

Your food does look good!! I would love colossal King Crab! I adore seafood......when we go back up to Scotland we get fresh Langoustine and hand dived scallops from the local fisherman.......can’t get fresher.......so I can imagine your King Crab!!!

I’m not a huge dessert fan, but those do look nice.

And I’m so glad your sister stopped off for the pictures......they are sweet!!!

The giraffes were outside of our deck, we spent time watching them. There was a lighter colored one, a darker colored one, and a little one. The little one always followed the larger dark one around. I would believe that was the mother. It was so fun to watch them interact. They would eat some and also lay down. Watching them lay down was so neat. Those long legs make it a challenge for them.
The girafffes were my favourite when I stayed at AKL.

It was warm enough for the hot tub, not the pool for us. D and I spent some time in the hot tub and it was wonderful. I didn’t take any pictures, I left my phone in the room. Andi won’t go in any “public” pool or hot tub, she chilled in the room. We spent several hours at the resort before we decided to head to Epcot.
Chilling in the hot tub sounds great, nice way to unwind after some park time.

Andi had decided in the Soarin line to skip Cape May, she would have probably only had macaroni and cheese and cheese pizza. With the cost of $50.00 a person, she would have eaten about $5.00 worth. She was going to walk around the WS and eat in Mexico.
Definitely a good choice! Nothing worse than not getting the value from a buffet.

Our meal was very enjoyable, we had a very nice waitress and this meal got 2 thumbs up for food, variety, and service!
Everything looks yummy!

Meanwhile back in Epcot, Andi was eating cheese empanadas with chips and guacamole, she enjoyed this. She didn’t share a picture with me so no evidence, haha! Andi decided to leave Epcot before we returned. Stay tuned in the next post for a wrap up of Epcot evening and food totals for the two days so far.
Did Andi pick another park?

D and I left Cape May very happy and worked our way back to Epcot. Once in the WS, I noticed a lantern photo with Tinkerbell in the lantern. We jumped in line to do this. The line was short except there was a family on the path and they were having their own photo shoot. They were oblivious that they were blocking the pp shots. We waited for the family to get their photos! I always like a new photo op!
I love this new shot. You two look great!

Both D and I love Spaceship Earth, we decided to take a ride. The sb wait was not bad, less than 10 minutes. We loved our travel through time. D had fun with the end part. She had forgot about this and our pictures were actually working.
SE is such a classic!

It was so fun to watch them interact. They would eat some and also lay down. Watching them lay down was so neat. Those long legs make it a challenge for them.
This sounds wonderful, I have only seen giraffes on the safari or in a zoo and always standing up. It would be fun to watch them go about their business for a while.

Andi won’t go in any “public” pool or hot tub, she chilled in the room.
My oldest DD is the same. When I've done longer trips we would rent a house off property for a week and just chill out by the private pool.

The security lines this trip were so long. Epcot was the worst.
I found Epcot bad in August too, worse than the other parks. I wonder if that's a common thing.

Once in the WS, I noticed a lantern photo with Tinkerbell in the lantern. We jumped in line to do this.
Interesting, I had never heard of that one. I wonder if it's a permanent photo spot or just for the Festival of the Arts.

Sorry it took me a while, but I'm finally caught up on your report!

Day 1, Part 1, “We can see Zebras from our bed”

6PMwbEU.gif

I was so excited because I was sure this is a savanna room! We were upgraded to a full savanna view!

Yay! That's awesome!

I will show a few more room pictures in my next post! We literally could see the zebras right from the bed.

:lovestruc Such a wonderful view!

I snapped a few pictures of them as they were leaving. We didn’t get to meet them formally, they did wave at us:thumbsup2
img_feb62019at90558am-jpg.380881

:earseek: Awesome!

I will say the parks and the bathrooms did look more dirty this trip and this saddens me so much! I have noticed a decline in the superior cleanliness, I have been so accustomed to at WDW. I do have a few theories, one is staff has been cut and it shows! Okay on to happier things!

This makes me sad, too. Walt would be so disappointed about this, I'm sure. The cleanliness and level of service were such big things for him. I wondered about a shortage of staff, too.

Hello Everyone! I am trying to be positive but our winter has really been a crap fest since I returned from Florida! We had brutally cold weather and this past week we have received another 14 inches of snow! I really could just cry! I do not see any warmer weather days in our future so yeah it stinks!!

I feel you! We haven't gotten nearly as much snow as you, at least not yet. But it's been chilly and messy, and I just want spring to come! I need to do a placement for school next year in the winter, and I'm trying to work out an internship somewhere down south so I don't have to go through another cold, slushy, gross winter again.

I will share a secret with all of you, my sister snores! It did wake me a few times during the night.

Oh no! Nathan snores, too. Loud! And I hate ear plugs. We have a spare bedroom in our apartment, and often one of us ends up sleeping in it for part of the night so we both sleep soundly, because it's like sleeping with a buzzsaw! :rotfl: If we ever move into a smaller place, I'm gonna have to get better at tuning him out!

I guess I have this in my future, lol! My sister is almost 9 years older than me and she loves to tell me what I have in my future, yay, not really!

:rotfl:

Andi, started laughing at me, because I said Gonedoughla”, hey, I am from northern Minnesota, we pronounce everything as it is. Vowels are always a long vowel to me, that is how I grew up! I am sure I sound like an idiot to some, haha!

That's hilarious! I did notice your accent when we met, but I wasn't surprised by it knowing you're from Minnesota. And I don't think it's quite as thick as some people might expect by how it's usually portrayed on tv, at least in the shows I've watched! Also...I couldn't judge anyway since I'm from Canada! :laughing: I feel like our Canadian accent is kind of somewhere between yours and the kind of standard American accent actors on tv shows use or whatever, in terms of the way we use our vowels. I actually don't think my accent is all that strong, though it's probably gotten a little more so since I've moved to Nova Scotia, because people use really long O's here. I think people from British Columbia tend to have a stronger "Canadian" accent than we do here, or folks from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland. There's a ton of accent variation across Canada, though probably less so than across the USA. But it's funny, because we get totally mixed reactions when we go south and tell people from Canada. They are either like, "oh yeah, I could tell from your accent!" or they're like, "really!? But you don't have an accent at all! Don't you guys all say 'aboot'?" :laughing:

I want to add, again, I called mousekeeping before we left and requested mid morning cleanings each day and once again this is what we got. We did not get any surprise security checks. I strongly suggest doing this to all of you reading along so the security checks won’t hinder your stay!!

That's such a good strategy.

Andi’s second ride on RnRc, she was into the tongue out this trip, ugh!
img_feb102019at105648am-jpg.381574

:laughing: Great photo!

I do believe our wait was probably 30 minutes in the FP line, boo!

That's really unfortunate! My longest waits for FP always tend to be on Soarin', too.

We had a sampling of desserts to end our meal and of course we got the hot towels and I immediately thought of @ariane37 son, Chris, and how he loves his warm moist towel, lol!

I always think of Chris when we get hot towels, too! :rotfl:

Your Festival of the Arts PP pics are so cute! I love the mermaid and pirate ones.

Your dinner at Cape May looks good too, but I'm not a big seafood fan so I don't think it would be worth it for me.

Trip Report Interruption!!!
We are going to Disney World again!!!
upload_2019-2-16_7-47-7.gif
I found fair flight prices with Southwest for the March trip and booked!! We have never flown Southwest because they have a small presence here in Minneapolis. We fly out on 3/24 mid afternoon and arrive in Orlando at 9pm. I booked an express deal with Priceline for a 4 star hotel in the Disney area for only $70.00. I did this blindly and got The Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort. It looks decent for 1 night. We will take a Lyft there from the airport and basically just sleep.

I had booked an AP room only reservation at CSR standard view back in December. This is from 3/25-3/30. I got a great AP deal for this and I am glad I hadn’t canceled it yet. I also, like any good Disney veteran, picked FP on my 60 day window. I was in my bed at AKL, looking at Zebras, when I did this.:flower3:
I got pretty decent ones. FoP, SDD, 7DMT at least once for each of these so I was happy.

We only have 2 ADR’s at this time, which is fine, since Ms. Andi is a picky vegetarian now!:crazy2:
I made one at MM for the vegetarian options and our usual lunch at BoG, that is it. Andi loves mushrooms so I thought the flatbread at MM for her?? Who knows!

I am so happy we are going now that I booked the airfare!! For those of you, who fly Southwest, is it important to add on the early bird booking? Andi wears headphones the whole flight so I don’t really care if I sit with her or not. I didn’t do it yet and probably won’t unless you all think I should.

Thank you Everyone for following along and letting me share my plans with you! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Congrats on the March trip! I've only flown Southwest once so I'm not a big help. We didn't do the early check in but I checked in as soon as it was available and it worked fine for us.

I've been reading along and I'm finally commenting! Glad you found decent flights for March :cheer2: It's not easy lol. Maybe you'll get lots of snow at home while you're in Florida and you can laugh about missing a storm!

Love the PP picture. Steve and I did some of those festival pictures but didn't really "act" right so they don't look good :laughing: We just look like people...........standing inside a picture frame.......................

I found Epcot to be the worst too for security!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Cape May! The warm towels at the end are a nice touch.

I wish I could have found that Tinkerbell PP shot- so cool!
I agree, the security lines moved very slow at Epcot!
Cape May was very good, I did enjoy the variety.
The shot was were Alice usually meets in the UK

Another follow from Minnesota...Love your trip report(s) and agree with you about the weather. I live just south of the Twin Cities and between the cold and snow I am ready for winter to be over and I usually LOVE everything winter and snow.

Hope you are staying warm.
Yay! Welcome to another Minnesotan! Yes winter has been kicking my butt this year!

We actually saw the big yellow ball in the sky the last few days, oh my it was glorious, still colder than I would like but at least above zero!

Oh, I love that Tinkerbell lantern shot
Thank you! I was so glad we stumbled onto this! I love new photo opportunities!

Sounded like a nice night for you and your sister.
It was very nice and chill!

Love the Tinkerbell lantern!
Thank you, it was fun!

Happy Valentines Day!
Same to you, hope you had a nice one, ours was quiet with dinner out and home to veg!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!