BH 90210 Re-boot

I remember reading about this reboot mere weeks before Luke Perry passed. When it happened, I was like, "Well, this reboot is going to be slightly awkward."

Does Ian Ziering age? What's up with this guy?

No, he drinks whatever it is Rob Lowe drinks to never age.

Completely useless random info: a relative of mine went through seminary with Ann Gillespie. Yep, drunk a$$ed Jackie Taylor is now an Episcopal priest in real life!

One more day until the big reveal! I absolutely loved the beach house years on this show. And the episode when the girls went up for the Rose Court!

I didn't think Luke Perry (Dylan) was going to be part of this reunion even before he death.
That's what I heard too. I may watch...I watched the series during college (and after). I am not crazy about the fact that they play themselves; I'd rather it just be a reboot of the show but I'll see how it goes. I have not been such a fan of any of the recent reboots, though I think Murphy Brown was better than Will and Grace.

I am just confused about tonight‘s story line. Was this episode written in this way for Luke? They played themselves but most of the things about them are not real...

The part where Kelly/Jennie approached the guy in the pool was cringe -worthy - simply brutal !

Bad, so bad! I didn’t realize it was a series, I thought it was like a Brady bunch reunion.

Well, I am in the minority because I thought it was ok. Definitely some bad areas though. (oh dear lord, the pool!) However, I saw an interview with Jennie and Tori this week and they explained the hybrid of playing their real self in heightened fiction form. So knowing what the premise was, I knew going in what to expect. And honestly, the acting on the original series was never that great. (Brenda’s fake French accent anyone?!)

Plus, I always give the first episode of any show a break - they are setting it all up. Even reboots.

But was there ever a hole without Luke Perry. 😢

I’ll give it a few more episodes to make up my mind.

Bad, so bad! I didn’t realize it was a series, I thought it was like a Brady bunch reunion.

I had read that Spelling approached Garth with the idea to bring the cast together and do a reboot - which, by the looks of the coming attractions for next week, is what will be happening - tonight, however, was simply a trainwreck

Well, I am in the minority because I thought it was ok. Definitely some bad areas though. (oh dear lord, the pool!) However, I saw an interview with Jennie and Tori this week and they explained the hybrid of playing their real self in heightened fiction form. So knowing what the premise was, I knew going in what to expect. And honestly, the acting on the original series was never that great. (Brenda’s fake French accent anyone?!)

Plus, I always give the first episode of any show a break - they are setting it all up. Even reboots.

But was there ever a hole without Luke Perry. 😢

I’ll give it a few more episodes to make up my mind.

The Brenda/Shannon scene made no sense either - if, at that point, they are supposed to be playing themselves, why did they go so overboard with the dislike aspect, when in real life, she was suffering with Cancer ? It was weird

I am holding out hope that next week will be better

I w
The Brenda/Shannon scene made no sense either - if, at that point, they are supposed to be playing themselves, why did they go so overboard with the dislike aspect, when in real life, she was suffering with Cancer ? It was weird

I am holding out hope that next week will be better

The way they explained it in the interview was that they are playing a fake version of themself with a touch of reality mixed in. They are incorporating gossip and tabloid rumors that we have heard for years. I remember hearing how difficult Shannon was onset, I think this was a play on that.

It would be weird if they never mention her cancer though.

I know, if I didn’t see that interview I would’ve been what in the world is this too!

I w

The way they explained it in the interview was that they are playing a fake version of themself with a touch of reality mixed in. They are incorporating gossip and tabloid rumors that we have heard for years. I remember hearing how difficult Shannon was onset, I think this was a play on that.

It would be weird if they never mention her cancer though.

I know, if I didn’t see that interview I would’ve been what in the world is this too!

Oh, totally got that - was watching with my mom, and was explaining the Shannon situation to her ( she also had trouble on the Charmed set) - so, I totally got that they were playing off of that - but , even if they didn't want to mention the Cancer, I was just surprised that they weren't at least a bit more sympathetic, given her real-life situation - I mean, Gabrielle even got a call from SAG - it just seemed like they were couldn't decide when to do real-life or not

I w

The way they explained it in the interview was that they are playing a fake version of themself with a touch of reality mixed in. They are incorporating gossip and tabloid rumors that we have heard for years.

I was able to pick up on that but I think it's going to go over a lot of people's heads. They just aren't going to get it. Like, am I suppose to care about Brian Green's fake wife's professional singing career? Or Ian Ziering's fake wife's adultery?

I can also see why Luke Perry wanted no part of this. He knew it was a bust. Guy had the best post-90210 career by far and he wasn't interested in tarnishing his brand.

Last edited:
I was able to pick up on that but I think it's going to go over a lot of people's heads. They just aren't going to get it. Like, am I suppose to care about Brian Green's fake wife's professional singing career? Or Ian Ziering's fake wife's adultery?

All I kept thinking about was possible drinking games ( and this is coming from someone that doesn't drink!)
Imagine doing a shot every time alcohol was mentioned !?

I can also see why Luke Perry wanted no part of this. He knew it was a bust. Guy had the best post-90210 career by far and he wasn't interested in tarnishing his brand.

you underestimate Sharknado! 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter