BH 90210 Re-boot

I watched the first minute and turned it off. Seriously awful. I'll be surprised if it lasts the entire alleged run.

and I read a quote where Spelling said they were already given the go-ahead for another six episodes next season !

I watched the first minute and turned it off. Seriously awful. I'll be surprised if it lasts the entire alleged run.

I did not watch it last night, but on previously posts about 90210, I have stated about how it was my most beloved TV show from my college years through my early professional life. However, I am somewhat a purist and cannot get into remakes, etc.

My brother knows and understands my love of the show, and he texted me last night asking me if I was watching it, His quote was to not waste my time - "It is very terrible." LOL! He turned it off after less than 10 minutes.

No, he drinks whatever it is Rob Lowe drinks to never age.
I didn't watch, and had no plans too, but this comment cracked me up! I never found him attractive on the original run, but boy has he aged nicely!!!!

We found it to be campy fun, which is about all we expected out of it. We laughed a lot, more than I expected. Gabby being a grandma, the way Jennie would drop those hysterical lines, and the way they just made fun of the whole situation in general. I'm in for next week!

We found it to be campy fun, which is about all we expected out of it. We laughed a lot, more than I expected. Gabby being a grandma, the way Jennie would drop those hysterical lines, and the way they just made fun of the whole situation in general. I'm in for next week!

When Tori said, "oh, thank you" thinking the guy on the plane was going to get her bag and instead he hit her in the head getting his out made me laugh.

Oh, totally got that - was watching with my mom, and was explaining the Shannon situation to her ( she also had trouble on the Charmed set) - so, I totally got that they were playing off of that - but , even if they didn't want to mention the Cancer, I was just surprised that they weren't at least a bit more sympathetic, given her real-life situation - I mean, Gabrielle even got a call from SAG - it just seemed like they were couldn't decide when to do real-life or not

If Shannon were not a part of this it would seem very callous. But since she is (and my guess is that she is ok with it) it doesn't bother me.

I thought it was ok. Not great, but no reboot is. I also laughed at a few parts, like when they were stealing the dress and Tori says ‘you popped my cherry’ and then to the people walking by, ‘it was just on a tv show’ and then the wink LOL

I stumbled upon it last night. I had no clue about this reboot, but always watched the original. I thought it was campy fun too! :)

It may get old soon, but I’m in for next week!

Ok - so NEXT week starts the "real" reboot
I am just confused about tonight‘s story line. Was this episode written in this way for Luke? They played themselves but most of the things about them are not real...
This is what the show is. It is not a "reboot" it is more the actors play charactures of themselves doing a reboot. Just sit back and enjoy 60 minutes of mindless TV.

Last night's ratings are meaningless. Let's see where it is by Week 3. Numbers will tank.

Agree, and a quick Google search reveals a ton of extremely negative reviews - "reboot" or not ( the cast has actually referred to the show as a reboot (with a twist) , the entire plotline was confusing and poorly written ( just my .02)

I loved this show so much when it first aired and I want to like it - really- but last night was bad

I stumbled upon it last night. I had no clue about this reboot, but always watched the original. I thought it was campy fun too! :)

It may get old soon, but I’m in for next week!

I'm thinking the subtle irony, call backs and deliberate camp are going to go straight over a lot of heads. I wanted to hate it, but then I realized what they were doing and it was pretty entertaining. But way too nuanced for many. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm thinking the subtle irony, call backs and deliberate camp are going to go straight over a lot of heads. I wanted to hate it, but then I realized what they were doing and it was pretty entertaining. But way too nuanced for many. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Totally agree. And because of that, I don’t think they’re going to be able to draw in new viewers who have never seen the original show. It’ll be fun while it lasts, but probably gone very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter