Bib/ package pick up transportation from resorts

kniquy

DIS Veteran
For the upcoming dark side marthon weekend I will be staying at the BWV for a conference which is at S & D. I will be at the S & D thursday morning and would likely skip out of the conference for a little while to pick up my packet.

I am curious on the transportation to/from the ESPN complex -- would i be able to get it from S & D or would i need to go back to BWV?
How often do the buses run? I don't really plan on being at ESPN for too long because i do need to get back.
Is there just one bus that hits all the resorts --so i could be faced with a long bus ride?

This is my first time so i have no clue what to expect or how to plan package pick up.

Thanks for any input!!

For the upcoming dark side marthon weekend I will be staying at the BWV for a conference which is at S & D. I will be at the S & D thursday morning and would likely skip out of the conference for a little while to pick up my packet.

I am curious on the transportation to/from the ESPN complex -- would i be able to get it from S & D or would i need to go back to BWV?
How often do the buses run? I don't really plan on being at ESPN for too long because i do need to get back.
Is there just one bus that hits all the resorts --so i could be faced with a long bus ride?

This is my first time so i have no clue what to expect or how to plan package pick up.

Thanks for any input!!

Yes, you'll be able to get a bus from S&D. This bus will stop at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk. So, in all honesty you might want to take a leisurely walk back to the Boardwalk and catch the bus from there avoiding the stops. It's all in the timing. Return bus from the Expo stops in the same order.

From the 2016 race guide:

Host Resorts

Star Wars TM Half Marathon – The Dark Side Transportation has been arranged for participants staying at Walt Disney World ® Resorts. Buses will be indicated by the runDisney signs placed in the front windows.

Notes:

• Half Marathon Weekend Transportation is only provided to and from all Walt Disney World ® Resorts, Shades of Green and Walt Disney World ® Swan and Dolphin
  • Parking is limited at all Half Marathon Weekend venues. We strongly encourage the use of event transportation whenever possible.
  • Please check with your respective resort front desks for race transportation pick up locations.

Please note that there will be no parking at ESPN Wide World of Sports for the
    Star Wars TM 10K and the Star Wars TM Half Marathon – The Dark Side. Parking will be available at Epcot ® and bus transportation will be provided from Epcot ® to ESPN Wide World of Sports.
runDisney Health & Fitness Expo

• Bus Transportation
o Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
o Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
o Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Buses will continue running for 30 minutes after the end of the Expo to bring guests back to the resorts from the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter