Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen pictures of short haired princesses that were all done up before, so I googled bibbidi bobbidi boutique short hair just hoping for a picture, but I ended up on this blog post, which gives a good example of what they can do with shorter hair.
http://itallstartedatkentstateuniversity.blogspot.com/2009/03/photo-story-friday-bibbidi-bobbidi.html

As for the short bangs, they really really give them a good bathtub's worth of shiny gel, and that should hold her bangs up into the style. My dd has long curly hair and she has a lot of fine wispy baby hairs around her face (so much in front that if you brush them forward they almost make bangs) and they had them all whipped into shape and they stayed up in the style for 2 days, until we washed it all out.

Thanks! This IS helpful. I have DD thinking she now has Snow White's hair, but it looks like they don't deviate from the three hairstyles, so it gives us both an idea of what to expect. I'll have to look into how much extra those hair pieces will cost I guess too? I think she will love becoming a princess which might out-weigh looking like Snow, even though she could now pull it off with just a hair bow and some curls. Now just hope her little chunk of bangs she made grow in a bit over the next 4 months. 

nanay2jdr said:
My daughter had short hair and they were able to work with it. She lost all her hair from chemo last year. So her bangs were eye level and they tied the upper half of her hair and tissed it to look like a bun. I have pictures but not sure how to share it with my Android phone. We brought our own gown and the royal experience was all worth it. You wont regret it.

Thanks Nancy. My friends DD7 had chemo x2, i can't even imagine the courage that must take as a mom! It's pretty awesome that they could make your DDs short hair work make her feel like a princess. Honestly, seeing the 1" bangs in DD gave me a start at first, as I pictured her with 1" pixie cut and gosh... honestly, it made me stop and think of my friend's DD for a moment and realize, though I was upset with DD, I was blessed. Just wish my little beautician chose a dolls hair instead of her own! It's a shock holding 6" strands of your daughters hair in your hand. :( Thanks for letting me know they can still work wonders with short hair! ;)

ColonelHathi said:
Thanks! This IS helpful. I have DD thinking she now has Snow White's hair, but it looks like they don't deviate from the three hairstyles, so it gives us both an idea of what to expect. I'll have to look into how much extra those hair pieces will cost I guess too? I think she will love becoming a princess which might out-weigh looking like Snow, even though she could now pull it off with just a hair bow and some curls. Now just hope her little chunk of bangs she made grow in a bit over the next 4 months. 
The hair pieces comes with the package. She will also get gift bag. All for about $70.

I am pretty sure that the hair pieces come as part of the package price. My dd had a (pink) hair piece this year and they didn't mention a surcharge for it :)

Did anyone with early morning ressies have any trouble getting in? My DD is going for her 3rd birthday :yay: and I have ressie for 8am. I booked over the phone and did not get a conf. # or anything (unlike all my other ressies) and of course It does not show up in MDE. It makes me a little nervous about not getting in at the gate or them not having my ressie at BBB.

Did anyone with early morning ressies have any trouble getting in? My DD is going for her 3rd birthday :yay: and I have ressie for 8am. I booked over the phone and did not get a conf. # or anything (unlike all my other ressies) and of course It does not show up in MDE. It makes me a little nervous about not getting in at the gate or them not having my ressie at BBB.

We didn't have any problems getting in and weren't asked for any information. I did get a confirmation though. It won't show up online but I did have one.

Hmmm. Of all my ressies, the BBB is the only 1 I did not get a confirmation # for. I didn't think anything about it at the time (it was 1 of the 1st ones I made), but now I think I'm going to call back and ask for it. I would be VERY :mad: if we got there and they said they didn't have it.

Hmmm. Of all my ressies, the BBB is the only 1 I did not get a confirmation # for. I didn't think anything about it at the time (it was 1 of the 1st ones I made), but now I think I'm going to call back and ask for it. I would be VERY :mad: if we got there and they said they didn't have it.

I'm pretty sure you need a conf# in order to enter the park early. We have an 8 am appt and got a conf#.

We had a prepark opening appt and had everything ready to show them and they asked for nothing...we just said where we were going and they let us in...but I would have it ready just in case. Maybe they saw how excited I (I mean the girls) were! :goodvibes

Hi there. My daughter is turning 5 during our trip and we got her a reservation at BBB in MK for 4:30 on her bday (only time available). I continue to call to get that pushed up to no avail.

If you had a later appt time- did you think it was still worth it?

What did you do after to make it memorable?

CRT completely booked- we were thinking of taking her to then meet with the princesses at the meet and greet- any other suggestions??!?

I assume she won't be able to swim that night since it'll mess up her hair. Hmmmmm.

Hi there. My daughter is turning 5 during our trip and we got her a reservation at BBB in MK for 4:30 on her bday (only time available). I continue to call to get that pushed up to no avail.

If you had a later appt time- did you think it was still worth it?

What did you do after to make it memorable?

CRT completely booked- we were thinking of taking her to then meet with the princesses at the meet and greet- any other suggestions??!?

I assume she won't be able to swim that night since it'll mess up her hair. Hmmmmm.

Our appointments have both been afternoon ones. First time it was at 4:00 on purpose because we had CRT for dinner at 6:40. For the trip last week it was at 5:00pm because it was all I could get at the castle. We were able to go to the park for some fun that morning, then have pool time prior to the appointment, but just for an hour because her hair is really thick and I wanted to make sure I had time to get it dry before we had to get back to MK.

It was fine as there was still some daylight time after she was done. After she had her photo session, we went on her favorite rides, took pictures in front of the castle after it turned pink (she was wearing a pink pettiskirt). And the hair lasted through the next day so we went to MK again (in a different pettiskirt). Later in the week when we did MK again, I put her hair up in a ball and put the crown and Mickey pin and we did some more meet and greets. And we saw plenty of little girls like that. Back in the dress and hair pulled up so they could wear the crown again. You can even go back by there later and get sprinkled with pixie dust again. We saw plenty of girls without appointments come by for that. So you can make the experience last longer. My daughter is 10 and loved it. She wants to keep doing it until she ages out. Have fun.

I was going to suggest calling back. Last trip I misplaced my confirmation numbers and they were able to provide them to me. I always had them with me when entering (make a note entry on my cell so I have all confirmations handy in one place)

Have fun and enjoy!

I booked DD for BBB on her 5th birthday this coming December. Our appointment is at MK at 815am, and we have CRT reservations at 915am. The woman taking the reservation said she would be finished with hair/makeup, but the entire process with photos takes an hour and 15 minutes. She did say we could go eat and then come back for photos. Has anyone else tried this with reservations so close together or came back after breakfast for photos?

I was going to suggest calling back. Last trip I misplaced my confirmation numbers and they were able to provide them to me. I always had them with me when entering (make a note entry on my cell so I have all confirmations handy in one place)

Have fun and enjoy!

Just called back and got my confirmation #. I feel a little more reassured now.:goodvibes

I booked DD for BBB on her 5th birthday this coming December. Our appointment is at MK at 815am, and we have CRT reservations at 915am. The woman taking the reservation said she would be finished with hair/makeup, but the entire process with photos takes an hour and 15 minutes. She did say we could go eat and then come back for photos. Has anyone else tried this with reservations so close together or came back after breakfast for photos?

This does seem really close as you don't want to rush the process. I think if you got right in you may be okay if you come back for photos. But remember you need to be at CRT 15 minutes early. Maybe another grown up can get all checked in while your DD finishes up. Sounds like an incredible birthday!!!!

fabulousfive said:
This does seem really close as you don't want to rush the process. I think if you got right in you may be okay if you come back for photos. But remember you need to be at CRT 15 minutes early. Maybe another grown up can get all checked in while your DD finishes up. Sounds like an incredible birthday!!!!

Thank you! I went back out and moved breakfast to 930. If we have time, we will do photos before, and I can definitely send DH to check in...thanks for the quick reply and suggestion!

Does anyone have a favorite seamstress on Etsy or seller on Ebay they'd like to recommend? I'm looking for dresses under $40 that aren't poofy/itchy/tulle. Preferrably something comfy like cotton but looks nice, but not the "peasant" or "apron" styles. They don't have to match the official dresses, but I'm hoping to find something Cinderella, Ariel, or Tiana-inspired.

We have an appointment at BBB at downtown Disney at 4:30 and want to buy tickets for the Cirque du Soleil show at 6:00. Does that allow enough time for BBB?

eeyore29 said:
Does anyone have a favorite seamstress on Etsy or seller on Ebay they'd like to recommend? I'm looking for dresses under $40 that aren't poofy/itchy/tulle. Preferrably something comfy like cotton but looks nice, but not the "peasant" or "apron" styles. They don't have to match the official dresses, but I'm hoping to find something Cinderella, Ariel, or Tiana-inspired.

Disney stores here in Canada sells princess sleeping gowns that are presentable and not itchy. They are nice enough for BBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter