Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique vs Character Couture

Beth33

Mouseketeer
We're considering a return trip to WDW next year, and I would like to get my 4 year old daughter a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She would adore it. I have to admit, though, that I *really* don't like the super-tight, really high bun look. I think it is unflattering in the extreme. Is it possible to ask the fairy godmothers to do a lower bun if a child selects that bun hairstyle?

I've also been considering taking her for a Character Couture makeover instead, as they don't seem to into that ultra-tight, ultra-high bun or ponytail look. I'm not sure if it would be as fun for her, though. Would a 4 year old enjoy Character Couture as much as BBB?

The hairstyles at BBB changed over the years to look more natural and they use less hair products. When DD (now 13!) went when she was younger the buns were high & extremely tight & pulled back with lots of gel. Two years ago, she did not pick the full bun, but did the 1/2 up 1/2 down bun (to look like Belle), the bun was not tight and more natural looking. (Last year she picked the style with the braids).

At the age of 4, to get the makeover in the Castle with the Fairy Godmothers in Training is a wonderful treat & memorable experience. IMO, if possible, each little princess should experience that at least once.

I am also considering Character Couture makeover for nxt year as DD aged out of BBB!! Unfortunately, I have not found much info on this from the perspective of a tween (only found info regarding adults that have done the makeover).

Happy planning!!

We're considering a return trip to WDW next year, and I would like to get my 4 year old daughter a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She would adore it. I have to admit, though, that I *really* don't like the super-tight, really high bun look. I think it is unflattering in the extreme. Is it possible to ask the fairy godmothers to do a lower bun if a child selects that bun hairstyle?

I've also been considering taking her for a Character Couture makeover instead, as they don't seem to into that ultra-tight, ultra-high bun or ponytail look. I'm not sure if it would be as fun for her, though. Would a 4 year old enjoy Character Couture as much as BBB?
You are in luck, they no longer do that. Though honestly, the new one is horrible to my eye and looks much, much worse. Dare I say most have looked comically ridiculous as the bun form they use is adult sized or something. It clearly does not fit the children they are putting it on or most FGMIT don't know how to use it, or a combination of the 2.

When I took DGD back for her Princess makeover last March we did Ivy Trellis. Until BBB changes back (because I actually liked the classic ballerina look of the old bun) I won't be back. We liked the Ivy Trellis results though they don't last any time

We just took our girls to BBB this past summer. They do a number of different styles now. Some are actually braids now. My girls choose the bun, which is not nearly as tight as it used to be. They actually use a doughnut bun form now. My girls both kept their buns for three days. My oldest had done BBB before. She also got the bun (old style) and insisted it come down that night because it hurt.

These are the styles they have now: https://www.themagicforless.com/tmflblog/2017/07/new-look-bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

Scroll about halfway down, there is a shot of the brochure from disney.

Wow, you guys are quick! Thanks so much for your feedback. And Crystal824, thanks for the link!

You are in luck, they no longer do that. Though honestly, the new one is horrible to my eye...

Yes, I agree that the new one is not a good look. I really don't like either the old or the new one. It's the positioning on the head that I don't like - the buns are still too high for my taste.

At the age of 4, to get the makeover in the Castle with the Fairy Godmothers in Training is a wonderful treat & memorable experience. IMO, if possible, each little princess should experience that at least once.

That's kind of what my gut is telling me - that she'd like BBB more. And really, as long as the little ones are happy and feel special, it doesn't matter that much what I like. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and not worry about her look for that day and try to get pictures that I like the aesthetics of on another day.

Wow, you guys are quick! Thanks so much for your feedback.

You are in luck, they no longer do that. Though honestly, the new one is horrible to my eye...

Yes, I agree that the new one is not a good look. I really don't like either the old or the new one. It's the positioning on the head that I don't like - the buns are still too high for my taste.

That's kind of what my gut is telling me - that she'd like BBB more. And really, as long as the little ones are happy and feel special, it doesn't matter that much what I like. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and not worry about her look for that day and try to get pictures that I like the aesthetics of on another day.

I am also considering Character Couture makeover for nxt year as DD aged out of BBB!! Unfortunately, I have not found much info on this from the perspective of a tween (only found info regarding adults that have done the makeover).

Happy planning!!

Vickie, these might be somewhat helpful. Here's one about two 13 year olds:
http://www.disneypinforum.com/threads/our-wdw-trip-warning-long-with-lots-of-pics.60392/

And a couple about kids getting a Character Couture makeover:
https://www.keytotheworldtravel.com/walt-disney-world-princess-makeover-options/
https://disneyways.com/2013/06/13/ivytrellis/

Wow, you guys are quick! Thanks so much for your feedback. And Crystal824, thanks for the link!

Your daughter might surprise you on the hair style she picks. It is really cute to see all the little princesses getting their makeovers & the fun they are having getting pampered. princess:

As another option - if your daughter is an Ariel fan, she can become a Mermaid at Pirates League. (or a pirate!) But full disclosure - the mermaid makeup is ALOT of makeup around the eyes.

Happy planning!!

My DD 13 just did Ivy Trellis in July for the Character Conture. She just did the hair style and not the make up part. They let her choose whatever hairstyle she wanted. She used her phone and looked on Pinterest with the stylist for ideas.

She got a braid that started in the left front that went to the right then to the back and up into a bun. I hope that made since lol. She picked a princess crown for her bun. I saw 3 different princess crowns, Minnie clip ears and a Minnie Ears that wrap around a bun that you could choose from, but I’m sure there were more.

She got it done at night and it lasted 2 additional park days using extra hairspray I brought from home. She loved the experience just as much as BBB when she was younger.

For the OP regarding the 4 year old, I would definitely do BBB in the castle. This would be a great alternative if you cannot get an appointment though.

My DD 13 just did Ivy Trellis in July for the Character Conture. She just did the hair style and not the make up part. They let her choose whatever hairstyle she wanted. She used her phone and looked on Pinterest with the stylist for ideas.

She got a braid that started in the left front that went to the right then to the back and up into a bun. I hope that made since lol. She picked a princess crown for her bun. I saw 3 different princess crowns, Minnie clip ears and a Minnie Ears that wrap around a bun that you could choose from, but I’m sure there were more.

She got it done at night and it lasted 2 additional park days using extra hairspray I brought from home. She loved the experience just as much as BBB when she was younger.

For the OP regarding the 4 year old, I would definitely do BBB in the castle. This would be a great alternative if you cannot get an appointment though.

Great info, thanks! Very helpful to know she can look at pics of hair styles before the appointment to get an idea of what she would like. Also glad to hear your daughter enjoyed this as much as BBB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter