Biergarten alone???

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
Hi everyone! I need some advice. I've traveled solo to WDW many times but I've never been to the Biergarten alone. I've always gone with family or friends. I'd love to eat there on my next trip but I'm not sure how I'd feel about the seating.

Any advice suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I have eaten at Biergarten solo. You will be seated at a table with others. I think the tables hold 8 people. I had no issues with the group I sat with, but everyone's preference and experience will be different.

We have eaten at Biergarten many times and several times there were solos at our table. Once it was four of us, a couple and two solos. We had a wonderful time talking and interacting. I often travel just myself and DS, who is disabled and nonverbal. I enjoy sitting and conversing with others. I wouldn't hesitate at all.

No issue at all. If you want to increase your odds of sitting at the far end of the table with a closer view of the stage, get yourself right in behind the seater as he/she leads your table "group" into the hall. :thumbsup2

IMHO this is a gamble. You may get seated with people who are very welcoming and friendly, or you may get seated with people who wonder what this solo person is doing at their table. I've had it go each way at various communal seating restaurants. If you are extroverted, thick-skinned, and don't care what other people think, then it should be fine. Otherwise, it's luck of the draw as to how your table-mates will behave towards you. No guarantees.

I've done it twice. Very first time to WDW and solo. I got seated with a family of 4 and a young couple. Miserable experience. The teens (I'm guessing 13 and 16) were MORTIFIED to be seated with strangers and the couple were uncommunicative. My second time I almost didn't go. But I really love it there (the Schöfferhofer!) so I went for it. I got seated with two couples, one in their 30's the other in their 60's. We chatted, shared stories and even joked with the Austrian family at the next table about just how "authentic" the food is. Two tables of people really enjoying themselves. They all thought I was brave to be going solo and even a bit envious.

I haven't do this solo - but I can see this being hit or miss - just based on my one time as a couple. There was a group of 4 - and two couples - us and a couple maybe 10 years older than us. The group of 4 seemed really annoyed to be sharing a table with others. I don't know if they didn't know this going into the restaurant - or really just didn't want to integrate as a whole - not sure. We did talk some with the couple next to us - but with the hostility on the other side of us - the experience felt a bit so-so.

i just ate there tonight solo. my 7 table mates were nice and included me in their conversation.
not sure if i'd do it again (due to
food, not company), but it was fine

Actually, I like the opportunity to engage in conversation when going solo.

I think it works best when you get adults and not a family with kids.

I had one bad group experience at Teppan Edo, mom with two teenage daughters next to me. Mom was concerned only about her teenagers and the teenagers did not want to speak with a stranger.

I did it solo one time and its not something I would do again. Had people at the table who thought I was a weirdo there by myself. I can see it really being a cool experience if you have cool people at your table, but that was not my experience. It wasnt terrible though.... good food, fun entertainment and a good wait staff so I really wanted to go back with some friends, which I did, and had a great time.

I've done it solo once and got seated with a couple and a family. They were all nice and it was a nice meal of chatting, but I can easily see how it could go sideways depending on who you are seated with. I do Teppan Edo a lot and find it easier to do solo because you can focus on the Chef if the table-mate dynamic isn't clicking.

When I'm dining solo, I prefer to sit at the bar or at a little table off in a quiet corner somewhere. So the solo experience at Biergarten wouldn't be for me.

I did it a couple of years ago. I was seated with two families. One was from Bolivia and only spoke Spanish (of which I only know a few words) and they appeared confused (or bored) by the music and entertainment. The second family hardly said a word, even to each other, just focused on eating. Both families left fairly early leaving me to the table by myself for most of the show. But since I'd lived in Germany and Austria, I was having a great time and the servers made sure I felt welcome. Downside was that I ate so much for lunch that I couldn't eat anything until breakfast the next morning. Someday I'll do it again.

I have done this solo and would do it again as I enjoy Biergarten. I am one who really doesn't care what others think and I don't mind joining in on conversations. It is all up to the person dining and what you how you want to enjoy your time.

Others who enjoy being alone and in quiet places this probably would not be for them. For me it was a great opportunity to meet others.

I have done this solo once and it felt a bit awkward because my table mates were not very talkative. I also asked to be seated at the end of the table closest to the stage and was refused because I was solo, not exactly sure why but I tried!

I did it once solo. There was a couple, and a family of 5 seated with me. The only one who really talked to me was the mother of the family, and she was friendly, but a little nosy about me being solo. I loved the food, but I won't go back solo. I'm not super shy, but it's just too awkward and weird.

I'm glad you (OP) started this thread! I'll be on my 1st solo trip this Nov. While I've always wanted to do Biergarten, my family has not. I was trying to decide if this would be the perfect time for me to finally try it, but your thread has helped me realize that it's not for me while solo. I'm not enough of a thick skinned extrovert - I'll stick to eating through my F&W passport.

I'll be on my 1st solo trip this Nov. While I've always wanted to do Biergarten

Depending on when in November you are going to be there, I have a solo reservation for Biergarten on my November trip. If we are there at the same time and you are still interested in Biergarten, I would be willing to see if my reservation can modify to 2. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter