Biergarten?

cmfitz14

Mouseketeer
What can you tell me about the Biergarten? We are thinking of booking a dinner ADR. I wasn’t sure if our children who are picky eaters will eat anything on the menu? I also wasn’t sure if the price is worth it. Thoughts?

I can't speak for the picky eater part, but as for the food...some things are better than others. If you like German sausages, you'll enjoy Biergarten. Those were the best things IMO on the buffet aside from the desserts and the rouladen, which weren't bad. I think my older one liked some salmon they had as well and I recall a pasta salad that I enjoyed. The spaetzle was dry, the sauerbraten was not good, and while the flavor on the German potato salad was pretty close to my Grandmother's...quite a few of the potatoes weren't fully cooked. On the flipside, the show they put on is nice (we got the Christmas version of it this time) and the kids seem to enjoy it. They didn't want to go down to the floor area and participate, but many children did. We were a party of 10, so we didn't have to share our table, but I know that bugs some. We also had a great server...love meeting the CMs in the WS.

I have the same question! Debating between Biergarten and Via Napoli. I did not love the pizza (too chewy) last trip at VN.

ETA - Did they have a "kids" section with generic mac n cheese and nuggets? Are the seats long benches or individual chairs?

There was no traditional kids section the last three times we ate here but the food has always been outstanding and the show fabulous. And I don't even like german food (sauerbraten is what I am sure I served in hell).

There is no kids section but my DD can be picky sometimes and has no problems with the food (sausages, rolls, spaetzel and mac n cheese). It's her favourite restaurant (she loves the band and dance floor). We go every year.

I have the same question! Debating between Biergarten and Via Napoli. I did not love the pizza (too chewy) last trip at VN.

ETA - Did they have a "kids" section with generic mac n cheese and nuggets? Are the seats long benches or individual chairs?
Each table has eight chairs I believe. I have 2 very picky kids (plus me:P) and they always find plenty to eat. They love the salad, chicken, pretzel rolls, soup, and especially the Mac and cheese which is awesome.

No kids section but my kids have always found plenty to eat. Pasta, lunch meats, fruit, desserts... It’s a must-do meal every trip!

If you’re paying oop lunch is still cheaper.

We have 3 kids and Biergarten has always been a family favorite. Even when we bring extended family it always ends up one of their favorites as well. The food is always good and the atmosphere and entertainment are lots of fun. The tables are set up for community seating for 8 people so if your party has less than 8 you will be sat with others. There is a band that plays at both lunch and dinner and a dance floor. My kids are always on the dance floor.

There is no kids section, but they do have plenty of food options. There is a mac and cheese, but it's not your standard kraft like mac and cheese so not all kids enjoy it. But they have delicious rolls and pretzel rolls, chicken, deli meats/cheese in the cold section, sausages, soup, hot and cold potato salad....my kids are huge fans of the German meatloaf, but overall there is just a lot to choose from. Lots of good desserts too. Don't miss the berry compote or the vanilla sauce to top the apple strudel or other desserts.

We always go at lunch since we pay out of pocket and it's a little cheaper. This is also one of the restaurants that does the Disney Visa discount if you have one.

Biergarten is one of our absolute favorite places for dinner. The pretzel rolls are worth the price of admission :-)

It's a bit pricey for my son when you consider what he eats: several pretzel rolls and chocolate cake, but my husband and I love it so we think it is worth it. My son asks for the pretzel rolls for months after we get home. My daughter is also picky, but loves the "hot dogs" (various types of sausage) and she ate her money's worth in desserts. There is chicken and mac&cheese, as others have mentioned.

We go every trip (7 times) and have enjoyed it every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!