Big Band Beat

Berliozzy

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering how early you would need to get in line to guarantee yourself a seat in the first showing of BBB? This will be on a weekday in late May.

Also, is it still usually a lottery for seats towards the end of May, or any chance for more stand-in-line seats?

I'm not sure. I know that on my most recent visit, I went to line up for the balcony (non-ticketed) seats for the last show at least 45 minutes before it was due to start and the "standby" line was completely full (i.e. they weren't letting anyone join the line). It was a long line, so I guess people had started to line up at least 1.5 hours before the performance time.

But, there would be more availability for the first show since all the seats are standby (non-ticketed). It may be annoying, but I would just try to swing by the general area every ... 20 minutes or so. So, maybe confine yourself to getting Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania, riding Tower of Terror, etc in the morning so that you can keep an eye on the line?

If you have a lot of time to kill, by all means hang around on line, though I don't think the show is worth it if your time is precious. When I went to see it, there were two American singers and two Japanese singers, and the Americans sung this material far better than their Japanese counterparts. Overall, the show is bigger than it is good. Honestly, we do this kind of entertainment (American Big Band) better than the Japanese.

We did the lottery for the last show of the day, and we waited until there was no line for the lottery. So even if we didn't get in, we didn't have to devote hardly any time to finding out. This strategy worked for us twice, this and one other special summer show in TDL. Then you can see if any last minute seats become available as a final attempt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!