• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

big child under 3- will this be a problem

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
hello

my DS will be 35 months when we go to WDW- he is a BIG boy and i was wondering due to the fact that children this age are free- will i run into any problems just because of his size and maybe a CM not believing his age when we enter the park-= has anyone else encountered this problem before with "big" toddlers

"we grow them big in NY" <lol>

thanks

lisa

Though it is not suppose to be a issue, we felt better carring proof with us on our last trip when our tall for is age son was 9. He was never questioned about his age but was asked at most character meals how old he was. We took a copy of his birth certificate but an insurance card will also have his birth date on it. I know this because we were questioned at a resturant here at home just last week-end. The resturant has a 10 and under eat free policy. When we ordered off the free kids menu for our DS she made a smart remark. She did not want to see the card and tried to cover up her remark but It made me uncomfortable.Never had this happen at WDW before but I don't want to worry about ANYTHING on vacation.

Jordan's mom

Technically, they aren't supposed to demand proof, but if taking something with his age on it makes you feel more comfortable, by all means do it. What they'll probably do is casually ask him his age. Don't start working on 3 until you get home. :)

Comfort wise - we brought a birth certificate as well. We were never asked for it (although someone looked pretty skeptical when we entered Isalnds of Adventure) but I felt good just having it.

Our DD was 33 months when we went down last December. She is big for her age--almost as tall as her 6-y-o sis! We weren't questioned at all by anyone at WDW. I was so preoccupied by all of the other planning details for our trip that I didn't even think about the possibility of being questioned. DD was always sitting in a stroller, too, so maybe that made her size seem less obvious.

Thanks my almost 3 year old is huge. Also we have already celebrated her birthday 3 times this year. (Everytime we go to DL practically bc she loves the attention and remembers it from her 2nd bday) She is 40 inches and 39 pounds. We have also been teaching her to say 3 but she will not turn 3 until January during our trip. I couldn't get CRT on her birthday but was wondering if they will still celebrate it for her ? As well as our anniversary???

Thanks for the info everyone.

MandaMom

My 2.5 year old is quite big too. Taller in fact than his 3.5 yo cousin. I figure if anyone asks or questions his age, I'll just tell them to talk to him--the boy sounds like a two yo! Of course if they ask him how old he is, he will tell them he is 7. (It's his new favorite number.)

disneymom3, I had to giggle at the comment about how your 2-yo DS would probably say that he's 7, if asked. My 3-yo DD might say she's 7 on one day, and 4 on the next... Tomorrow she might say she's 5. I don't think she's ever been the same age 2 days in a row!! LOL (I think it's her way of desperately trying to catch up to her 6-yo sis! ;) )

My eldest daughter used to lie about her age too. We once went to a Chinese buffet where kids under 4 ate for free. She was 3 at the time. When the waiter asked HER how old she was, she replied, "Five!" He jotted it down and then asked what we'd all have to drink. I didn't have the nerve to tell him the truth. She was/is big for her age and I'm sure he would have thought I was trying to rip them off.

On the other hand, my youngest daughter will be 2 at the start of our trip. Her birthday is December 31, at which point she'll be three. I don't know exactly what to do about a pass for her after her birthday. We all have APs, but I don't want to purchase one for her at another time of year. We are thinking of possible getting a 4 day PH...maybe 3 day?? I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by Imelda in TX

On the other hand, my youngest daughter will be 2 at the start of our trip. Her birthday is December 31, at which point she'll be three. I don't know exactly what to do about a pass for her after her birthday. We all have APs, but I don't want to purchase one for her at another time of year. We are thinking of possible getting a 4 day PH...maybe 3 day?? I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

If she is 2 when you arrive at WDW you will not need a pass for the entire trip.

I bought a ticket for my 3 yr old, who is also very tall. She was in a stroller, and never once in eight days did anyone ask for the ticket. They automatically directed us through the wheel chair access and never asked. Obviously it was the right thing to do to have a ticket, but I was so impressed that the CM's didn't waste their time being picky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter