Big hugs to Plamen, Tomislav and Simon

ArmandXG

The Great Baldini: Master of Time, Space and the I
We just got off the Fantasy and we had a wonderful time, up until the last day on Castaway Cay.
My husband takes meds that regularly make him feel woozy on dry ground. He had several days where his meds were affecting him harder than usual. The motion of the boat did not help matters. Although he was not technically "sea sick", he was a bit queasy and green around the gills. Our regular Assistant server, Simon saw us during lunch one day and noticed DH not looking so good. He left his post at Cabana's and went to retrieve a Ginger ale for him. This was so much appreciated.
On our Castaway Cay day, my DH apparently was hit by the Norovirus.:sick: I won't go into details, but lets just say it wasn't good! We were forced to miss our last night with our crew and I was pretty sure we weren't going to make it for debarkation breakfast either. I went down before 1st seating (we were in 2nd) to let our head server, Plamen know that my husband was sick, we wouldn't be down and that I had their gratuities and a gift from my home state for them. He let me in the gate to see Tomislav and Simon and allowed me to give them the gifts myself. Tomislav made me order something that could be brought to me later, so I quickly picked a couple things off the menu, thanked them again and off I went. Plamen let me out of the gates, but not without giving me a reassuring hug. I said I might be contagious, but he said not to worry! He was just so sweet!
A little later, while I was attending to my sick husband and housekeeping was in doing a thorough cleaning of our room, Tomislav shows up at the door with my food. I was expecting room service to bring it up, but he made a special trip just to check on us. He showed serious concern for my husband's well being.
The next morning, I ran down to the dining room again just to give an update on how we were doing and to give thanks again for the care they have given us, and once again, Tomislav showed concern by making me sit down and eat something. It wasn't time for me to even be there! He didn't even bother taking my order. Simon brought me milk and O.J. while Tomislav brought me a plate with everything on it! Eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, toast, hash brown. I ate half and had to excuse myself... I still had a sick husband to attend to! I said my farewells to my three guys, sad that I had to leave them! Wishing I could bring them home with me.
My other two cruises, I've had wonderful servers. Conrad and Mariano on the Magic and Edwin on the Wonder. Sorry that I can't remember our Assistant Servers name. I know she was wonderful, too! I just can't think of her name right now. All of these servers were great and I appreciate all the hard work they put in to make our vacation the best ever. But a special thanks goes out to Plamen, Tomislav and Simon for their care and concern when my husband took ill. I just Love, Love, Love these guys!!!:love::love::love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter