Big ride closures next year?

Farro

Argh.
So I'm bracing myself for a very different trip next year.

Completely new resort and I'm thinking some pretty significant (for me) ride closures.

People Mover - will it be closing for Tron construction by next year?
Spaceship Earth - still on track to close early next year?
Anything at Animal Kingdom? - Tell me now!!! :rotfl:

(is it bad I'm already looking forward to 2023?)

I will hate to see Spaceship Earth closed, and sure will look forward to it re-opening. I grew up watching the "giant golf ball" being built, and it's a mandatory part of my visits. I'll be very sad during the period of time we can't go in it.

Haven't heard about People Mover, but that really bums me out.

I don't know, but if PM is really closed I will bad for DH because his 2 favorite rides will be down, then..SE & PM. He's pretty easy-going and he'll still be happy to be there, but I'll still feel bad for him.

I don't know, but if PM is really closed I will bad for DH because his 2 favorite rides will be down, then..SE & PM. He's pretty easy-going and he'll still be happy to be there, but I'll still feel bad for him.

They are my two favorite rides also! I had a minor heart attack when I read about Spaceship Earth.

Any word for sure on Spaceship Earth? We have heard about a rumored long rehab, but are really hoping it will still be opened for our December trip.

So latest rumors....
1) PM - as @rteetz stated should not be effected
2) Speedway - supposedly it is still possible it goes down again for a Tron upgraded look - haven't heard a lot on this lately though
3) SSE - a couple of insiders have it going down by Dec of THIS year. Early next year is also being mentioned - could be down for 2.5 years for the upgrade
4) Haven't heard of any more closures in AK lately, but Primeval whirl is down now....for some work.

The Peoplemover is suppose to go down before the 50th Anniversary to enhance the few show scenes and update the audio tracks. I'm pretty sure they will announce the closing of Spaceship Earth at D23 in August for a close in early 2020. Not sure on anything at Animal Kingdom.

The Peoplemover is suppose to go down before the 50th Anniversary to enhance the few show scenes and update the audio tracks. I'm pretty sure they will announce the closing of Spaceship Earth at D23 in August for a close in early 2020. Not sure on anything at Animal Kingdom.

where did you hear this?

It never even occurred to me the Peoplemover would have to go down. Will it be traveling through Tron somehow?
That would be cool. Would remind me of the good old days at Disney Land with the People Mover. The Tron section was always pretty cool. I don't think that's happening here, mind you. I would certainly like it though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter